Karns plays at Knoxville Halls

fairplay2121

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the last post that this year was a year of transition not only for the players but the new coaching philosophy instituted after the Shephard era. Last year was sad. The boys played hard but the offense lacked the intensity it does this year. There is no doubt the running game with Ferguson,Reese,Rhinehart & Black is the bread and butter. But did we really feel safe untill Lucas passed for the touchdown as time expired in the third quarter against West. Don't get me wrong I think the coaching staff is calling the right plays and I'm excited like everyone else we are 3-1 with the respectable loss against Central. I just think we might be able to go to the air more in certain situations. I'm thinking how impressive that first touchdown against Central was when Reese was utilized out of the backfield. Could the TE Cox be used the same way? Although Dayton is having a great year hauling down the 40+ yarders teams are going to get wise to this and start double teaming him. Especially, Powell & Maryville. In reality its still great being a Red Devil fan this year and yes I'm hoping for upset of one of the last teams I mentioned. Also check this out from the NEWS SENTINEL'S JAMAL HUDSON Props

-Props to the Halls defense for making adjustments and shutting down West's rushing attack. After a sluggish first quarter, Justin Reese and company stepped their game up and kept the West offense off balance.

-Props to West's special teams for keeping Halls return man Dusty Ferguson unsure for most of the game. Ferguson did have one big return, but on the majority of punt return opporunities, West's coverage kept Ferguson unsure of whether he wanted to return of call for a fair catch.

-Props to Halls' Trey Lucas for keeping his composure and finding Daniel Dayton for a 50-yard touchdown pass at the end of the third quarter. That play turned out to be the game-winning score

Flops

-West's Ryan McGrew. I counted four times the referees had to separate McGrew from a Halls player after the whistle had blown. Too much trash talking, no substance. It's ok to talk a little smack, but make sure you back it up with a win.

-Halls coaching staff should've thrown the ball more. Trey Lucas showed he has the arm as he completed a 50-yard touchdown pass. Only four passing attempts is not enough for Lucas.

Posted by Jamar Hudson at 06:51 PM | Comments (1)

:blink::thumb:

This is how I feel about the news sentinel...Halls beat Seveir County and SC is ranked ahead of them...still don't see the logic in that. :blink: Looks like a joke to me :thumb:

I don't really get what you are saying about playing from behind because in the first half the game was tight. In the second half, the game was "relatively" tight. Halls had TWO TD passes in the first half against Central and opened it up early because it was there. If you can run the ball and it's working, why change? If you can throw it and it's working that's fine, but if you can't throw it as good as you can run it, then running it a majority of the time is essential. Halls is 3-1 and whatever system they're using playcall wise is obviously working. I think most people thought this would be a down year for the red and at this point in the season that they'd be 1-3 instead of 3-1.

I am not sure what part of playing from behind you don't understand. Central scored first and Halls was behind. Centrall scored again and Halls was behind. When you play a slow paced, ball control offense and depend on your defense to make stops, you are geared to be ahead. Much like a slower offense in basketball. If they get behind they are going to have to speed up their game and take some three pointers to catch up.

That is not to say that Halls won't pass sometimes when it's obvious that the defense is giving it to them like West was on the deep pass. West's corners were walking up with no over the top support from the safety. At some point you are going to test that which Halls did.

I am OK with Halls playcalling. I would like to see more short range passes at times to loosen up opponents linebackers from playing 2 yards off the ball to stop the run. But bottom line, Halls is 3-1 and were in the game they lost. Go Halls!!

Edited by fairplay2121

This is how I feel about the news sentinel...Halls beat Seveir County and SC is ranked ahead of them...still don't see the logic in that. :blink: Looks like a joke to me :thumb:

I said the same thing a few posts back. I guess we have to beat a good Karns team to get a little respect. You gotta believe. Looking for the playoffs baby.

I am not sure who has open transfers. I know Halls is a tough school to get in if you don't live in Halls. I have heard that schools like Maryville will take anyone for a fee. I have to say I am not well versed on the matter. I am sure it should be the same for all. That should be the TSSAA's job.

I hope to see a good football game Friday night. I am starting to hear rumblings about Halls on other threads and that is a good thing for a change. Youth football is up this year as far as participation and wins are up in many of those youth leagues.

I believe if Halls and can go 7-3 or 8-2 and go a couple of rounds into the playoffs, it will only breed more excitement and optimism about football around here. Therefore every win is important. Even these non region games. Especially the home games.

Go Red Devils

Were did you get your information. I lived in Gibbs my freshman year and went to Halls no problem. I moved to maryville when I turned a sophmore and I know for a fact Maryville doesn't take ant more tuition students any more becuse their is not enough room for the locals to get registered.

I'm not trying to debate on whether they've got an address in maryville (even though I pass his dad in front Halls Elementary about three times a week). I'm just saying maryville takes tuition students and other schools in their region can't. Are tuition students the reason for their success? Of course not, but they still take them.