Karns plays at Knoxville Halls

fairplay2121

Were did you get your information. I lived in Gibbs my freshman year and went to Halls no problem. I moved to maryville when I turned a sophmore and I know for a fact Maryville doesn't take ant more tuition students any more becuse their is not enough room for the locals to get registered.

The only first hand information I have is in the elementary and high schools. I know that you must live in Halls zone to go to these schools. Many have come from outside and got away with it I guess, but I know of several cases of students from west knox and Union Co. that were kicked out when true address was discovered. I do know the Gibbs line is odd. It changes from elementar to middle to high school. I don't claim to educated on the subject but I am open to learn. I have heard of tuitions and special "out of county" fees being applied to transfer students into some area school systems. I thought this was from a reliable source but I haven't seen the bylaw myself. I am sorry if this is bad information.

I graduated in the early 80's and I have never seen so much transferring and line jumping and deciding on a high school much like one might choose a college. And it is not even for the academics of the school. I am not sure that football is the reason some people push for "school choice".

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only first hand information I have is in the elementary and high schools. I know that you must live in Halls zone to go to these schools. Many have come from outside and got away with it I guess, but I know of several cases of students from west knox and Union Co. that were kicked out when true address was discovered. I do know the Gibbs line is odd. It changes from elementar to middle to high school. I don't claim to educated on the subject but I am open to learn. I have heard of tuitions and special "out of county" fees being applied to transfer students into some area school systems. I thought this was from a reliable source but I haven't seen the bylaw myself. I am sorry if this is bad information.

I graduated in the early 80's and I have never seen so much transferring and line jumping and deciding on a high school much like one might choose a college. And it is not even for the academics of the school. I am not sure that football is the reason some people push for "school choice".

It may be about Football over academics in some cases. Halls over the past few years have lost primarily football talent to other schools in the area. I wonder if Burnett played with Dayton in the park leagues? Or did Dayton move here from somewhere else? Being sophomores they both seem to be doing well this year.

It may be about Football over academics in some cases. Halls over the past few years have lost primarily football talent to other schools in the area. I wonder if Burnett played with Dayton in the park leagues? Or did Dayton move here from somewhere else? Being sophomores they both seem to be doing well this year.

I am not sure of Dayton in youth football but Burnett's team was pretty successful

Good post RD94 stats don't lie. But I think we were talking about the last game when we completed one pass out of four for 50 yards which happened to be a touchdown. Even on the playback on channel 7 Tony Basillo noted it wasn't illegal to throw the forward pass. He like a few of us think we could do a little more in the air. But a great post nevertheless.

ZCAR

How unique and refreshing to read/hear someone admit total stupidity. Bas silly asole wouldn't know a football or fact if it fell out of the sky and hit him on the head. When ever I am feeling blue and stupid, whenever I try to help my 2nd grader with his math homework and he won't allow it, I watch bassilio and "bam" i am a rocket surgeon!

The fact that you claim to share or agree with this guy is a cry for help on your behalf.

Those who can't do, talk about it. The louder that they talk, the less they know.

Good day sir

I SAID GOOD DAY!

Good post RD94 stats don't lie. But I think we were talking about the last game when we completed one pass out of four for 50 yards which happened to be a touchdown. Even on the playback on channel 7 Tony Basillo noted it wasn't illegal to throw the forward pass. He like a few of us think we could do a little more in the air. But a great post nevertheless.

Masking inappropriate language doesn't fly either.

Edited by Bighurt

ZCAR

How unique and refreshing to read/hear someone admit total stupidity. Bas silly asole wouldn't know a football or fact if it fell out of the sky and hit him on the head. When ever I am feeling blue and stupid, whenever I try to help my 2nd grader with his math homework and he won't allow it, I watch bassilio and "bam" i am a rocket surgeon!

The fact that you claim to share or agree with this guy is a cry for help on your behalf.

Those who can't do, talk about it. The louder that they talk, the less they know.

Good day sir

I SAID GOOD DAY!

Stimulating post to say the least. A lot of anger seems to be coming out I feel. I actually agree with you on Bassillo somewhat. But do you really believe what he said is something that many of us has thought from time to time on the state of Halls football especially in the last few years.

GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR. :lol::lol:

BigCJones40,

I was going to say bring Farmer John up from de Bayou to 'nnounce the games, but I do believe you be da man. Your posts seem to be very insightful and on the botton (button). I know dis fer shore, you had to play futball to git on hear and put yur 2 cents worth in.... right.

You are a credit to our community - not!

bbs

I know it is off the subject quite a bit, but who in the media has good knowledge of High School Football. The Friday Night news guys are laughable at times as they try to speak as if they are in know but act as if they are seeing the highlights for the first time. The News Sentinel writers (Edwards and Smithey) try to be interesting but I think most of these writers are using High School football as a stepping stone. I guess you have to monitor CoachT to get the real info.

Go 3 4A against all of those 5A schools tonight.

fariplay,

The media has a job to do and that is sell papers. They can print whatever they want to print and most believe what they read.

When you attend a ball game, whether it be football or basketball, what you see happen in the game and what you read in the next days paper may be two different things. But I bet you still get up and read the paper the next time your favorite team plays someone.

Support your team to the fullest degree, no matter what is written or said.

Stimulating post to say the least. A lot of anger seems to be coming out I feel. I actually agree with you on Bassillo somewhat. But do you really believe what he said is something that many of us has thought from time to time on the state of Halls football especially in the last few years.

GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR. :lol::lol:

If you can't protect him, he can't throw.

Much like " if you build it, they will come"