OS vs Kingston

Cookevegas3

The runningbacks of Scott Co (leading rusher in ET), and Brandon Davis from Coalfield are two of the best in East Tenn, if not the entire state. Should be a good game, whoever limits the number of turnovers and penaltys should come out on top.

I dont think brandon davis is one of the best backs in the state. There are at least 5 backs in East Tenn that are better than either one of these backs; spencer gulmire, dustin lindsay to name a couple. Both these teams are smash mouth offenses but I give the edge to Kingston b/c of speed Kingston 28 OS 14.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think brandon davis is one of the best backs in the state. There are at least 5 backs in East Tenn that are better than either one of these backs; spencer gulmire, dustin lindsay to name a couple. Both these teams are smash mouth offenses but I give the edge to Kingston b/c of speed Kingston 28 OS 14.

My reply was to the comment that OS had not faced a running back of the same caliber as Kingstons, I know the kid from Kingston is good, I was just pointing out that OS had indeed faced a couple of quality running backs, As for the comment about being a top running back in ET, that is reference to there classification, ie.. single A, double AA, triple AAA, etc.. You mentioned one runningback that plays in another classification, OS will not face Spencer, I'll take it for granted that you have never seen either one of the two backs I mentioned or Lynn Haynes from OS even play a down of football this year, I hope this does'nt cause another 3 peat response from you. As, for Dustin Lindsay, he is a Div I football player, we just have'nt had the chance to face him yet.

And if you'll read my original post the comment was one of the best in ET, not THE BEST!!!!!

Edited by catback

WASPI how do you give the edge to coaching to OS instead of Kingston

sbgirl1607 This is not a knock on coach King at all his record stands for itself. I just think that coach Johnson is doing a great job with his young team going from 1 and 9 to 4 and 0 so far this year. I still say if the jackets brings their "A" game they should win

My reply was to the comment that OS had not faced a running back of the same caliber as Kingstons, I know the kid from Kingston is good, I was just pointing out that OS had indeed faced a couple of quality running backs, As for the comment about being a top running back in ET, that is reference to there classification, ie.. single A, double AA, triple AAA, etc.. You mentioned one runningback that plays in another classification, OS will not face Spencer, I'll take it for granted that you have never seen either one of the two backs I mentioned or Lynn Haynes from OS even play a down of football this year, I hope this does'nt cause another 3 peat response from you. As, for Dustin Lindsay, he is a Div I football player, we just have'nt had the chance to face him yet.

And if you'll read my original post the comment was one of the best in ET, not THE BEST!!!!!

I did read your post and it said " two of the best in ET if not the entire state". Your right, I have not seen either kid play this year in person but then again I dont watch to much little league football either. I have however saw both on film and IMHO they are both good high school backs as far as 2 of the best in ET, well I'll give it to the davis kid b/c he plays in single A but the kid from SCHS I would have to disagree b/c he's not even in the top 5 in his region.

What in heavans name does that have to do with the OS vs Kingston game???

Catback- do you just look for people to ###### off on this board?

texas86tenn28 is the son of a friend of mine and is attending school in the Houston TX area. He frequents this board to get information on Kingston games because he played for Kingston, and his brother currently plays for Kingston. As such, I was hoping to communicate to him my feelings about him choosing to stay and "weather the storm", because I have no other means of relaying that info. to him.

Pick your fights carefully.

Chris A.

Catback- do you just look for people to ###### off on this board?

texas86tenn28 is the son of a friend of mine and is attending school in the Houston TX area. He frequents this board to get information on Kingston games because he played for Kingston, and his brother currently plays for Kingston. As such, I was hoping to communicate to him my feelings about him choosing to stay and "weather the storm", because I have no other means of relaying that info. to him.

Pick your fights carefully.

Chris A.

I was'ny trying ##### anybody off, or pick a fight with anybody, how in the world would I have known about the texas86tenn28 being from Texas, and this being your way of sharing info??? I think its great he can use this site as way to keep up on east tennessee football. I just asked a simple question and you answered it, did'nt mean to step on your toes. Sorry!

Edited by catback

I did read your post and it said " two of the best in ET if not the entire state". Your right, I have not seen either kid play this year in person but then again I dont watch to much little league football either. I have however saw both on film and IMHO they are both good high school backs as far as 2 of the best in ET, well I'll give it to the davis kid b/c he plays in single A but the kid from SCHS I would have to disagree b/c he's not even in the top 5 in his region.

The stats posted have Brandon Davis leading rusher in 1A regional, 612 yards on 82 attempts, Weslley Smith from Scott Co leading 3A regional with 792 yards on 79 attempts, maybe my source is wrong, I really don't know.

The stats posted have Brandon Davis leading rusher in 1A regional, 612 yards on 82 attempts, Weslley Smith from Scott Co leading 3A regional with 792 yards on 79 attempts, maybe my source is wrong, I really don't know.

Your source is probaly correct. Just because a kid is the leading rusher does not make him the best running back, in that case both of these guys would be D-1 prospects, when in reality neither can play on that level or could they play 1AA ball. If you want to compare stats then these two are as good as anybody, but if you want to compare talent then that's totally different becuase neither can can play on the next level.

Your source is probaly correct. Just because a kid is the leading rusher does not make him the best running back, in that case both of these guys would be D-1 prospects, when in reality neither can play on that level or could they play 1AA ball. If you want to compare stats then these two are as good as anybody, but if you want to compare talent then that's totally different becuase neither can can play on the next level.

SKEWBY, i'm not trying to ruffle your feathers or making a statement that these two kids are in fact the best runnng backs in the state, it was a reply that was posted stating that OS has not faced a caliber running back that matches up to the kid from Kingston, In My Opinion, these two backs are as good as the kid from Kingston, I have not seen him play yet, I may feel different after Friday night. I don't know if either kid could play on the next level, but I also don't know how you know they could'nt. Reply if you want, I think I made myself clear about my reply to the post mentioned aboved, GO CATS!!!!!