Titans dominate Ravens

WOW! I was very impressed with this young Titans team today, and I have said I thought they would be a good team and I thought they would improve as the season went on, but I didnt see this coming! That young defense that gave 443 yards last week, just gave up 182 yards today and only 23 yards in the first half and NO first downs! This team looked nothing like what played last week! I loved the look on Billick's face after that game as he was stunned as was the rest of the NFL! I also thought Mason showed poor class with the way he was trash talking and throwing the ball against the Titans emblem after the TD, but the crowd booed him so thats OK! I stick by my prediction that this is an 8-8 team! :D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Titans wouldn't of beat the Ravens today then they didn't belong in the NFL. Baltimore's offense couldn't of beaten a high school team today. Tennessee's offense was a little better but before every goes jumping for joy lets beat a team that is a quality team not missing their starting QB.

825755413[/snapback]

OK, before I start I would like to say that I am not a Titans fan! But how can you downplay what they were able to accomplish? This is a team that most people expect to be the worst team in the NFL this season and alot of people had the Ravens competing for a Super Bowl and the Titans defense totally dominated the Ravens offense and in return hit the Ravens defense right in the mouth! As far as the starting QB goes, Wright outplayed Boller in the preseason and against Indy last week and had Boller been in the game, the Titans would have had more than 6 sacks, because Wright was able to avoid several sacks! My hats off to Jim Scwartz who kept the Ravens offense confused all day long and only gave up 23 yards and 0 first downs in the first half! The Titans are not going to make the playoffs, but I think they can help decide who does and I think this is a team that you dont want to overlook! ;)

OK, before I start I would like to say that I am not a Titans fan! But how can you downplay what they were able to accomplish? This is a team that most people expect to be the worst team in the NFL this season and alot of people had the Ravens competing for a Super Bowl and the Titans defense totally dominated the Ravens offense and in return hit the Ravens defense right in the mouth! As far as the starting QB goes, Wright outplayed Boller in the preseason and against Indy last week and had Boller been in the game, the Titans would have had more than 6 sacks, because Wright was able to avoid several sacks! My hats off to Jim Scwartz who kept the Ravens offense confused all day long and only gave up 23 yards and 0 first downs in the first half! The Titans are not going to make the playoffs, but I think they can help decide who does and I think this is a team that you dont want to overlook! ;)

825756141[/snapback]

Go ahead be like the rest of Tennessee in thinking the Titans are back, the fall will be even worse. Yeah people predicted Baltimore to compete for the Super Bowl, and guess what they said the same thing about the Vikings and you saw what happened to them. Boller is a better thrower than Wright, Wright can move around and make things happen, but he also makes to me ill-advised throws. Baltimore's line hasn't been able to pass protect in its first two games, so it has to do more with the Raven's ability to pass block then it has to do with the Titans excellent defense :P

Go ahead be like the rest of Tennessee in thinking the Titans are back, the fall will be even worse. Yeah people predicted Baltimore to compete for the Super Bowl, and guess what they said the same thing about the Vikings and you saw what happened to them. Boller is a better thrower than Wright, Wright can move around and make things happen, but he also makes to me ill-advised throws. Baltimore's line hasn't been able to pass protect in its first two games, so it has to do more with the Raven's ability to pass block then it has to do with the Titans excellent defense ;)

825756160[/snapback]

i dont think the Titans will win many more this season but give them credit where its due, they pulled off a big upset against a Ravens team that should make they playoffs. Kyle Boller is horrible, the Ravens are just as well off with Wright as their qb so thats not an excuse. neither of them can throw and both make alot of stupid mistakes but atleast Wright can move a little bit. their o-line isnt bad either....they blocked well enough to get Jamal Lewis 2000 yards a couple of years ago and Ogden is probably the best tackle in the NFL. the Titans D shut down Jamal Lewis, sure he was banged up a little bit but he's still 1 of the best rb's in the league. the Titans played good, the Ravens stunk it up...thats all it is to it, no need to make up excuses for the Ravens. i didnt see anybody say the Titans were back either its just 1 game and we all know they dont have the experience, especially on the defensive side of the ball, to play this well all year. they just played a dang good game against a team that should be playoff bound, keep denying it if that makes you feel better.

i dont think the Titans will win many more this season but give them credit where its due, they pulled off a big upset against a Ravens team that should make they playoffs. Kyle Boller is horrible, the Ravens are just as well off with Wright as their qb so thats not an excuse. neither of them can throw and both make alot of stupid mistakes but atleast Wright can move a little bit. their o-line isnt bad either....they blocked well enough to get Jamal Lewis 2000 yards a couple of years ago and Ogden is probably the best tackle in the NFL. the Titans D shut down Jamal Lewis, sure he was banged up a little bit but he's still 1 of the best rb's in the league. the Titans played good, the Ravens stunk it up...thats all it is to it, no need to make up excuses for the Ravens. i didnt see anybody say the Titans were back either its just 1 game and we all know they dont have the experience, especially on the defensive side of the ball, to play this well all year. they just played a dang good game against a team that should be playoff bound, keep denying it if that makes you feel better.

825756231[/snapback]

The Ravens are not that good and won't be making the playoffs. They could be this years version of last years Titans.

That said, the Titans played with a lot more intensity yesterday than they did against the Steelers. That was good to see. I'm interested to see how they will fare against a team that can throw the ball.

They looked much better than week 1, but still going to be a long season.

(Still not as long as the Pack though. Geez.)

The titans got lucky...Look what happen to them, just 2 wks ago...The got run all over by Mr Willie Parker...The Titans won't make the playoffs...The Bengals and The Steelers are the teams to come out of the division...and I believe the Steelers are the team in the AFC... and Mr Rburger still hasn't lost a regular season game...

The titans got lucky...Look what happen to them, just 2 wks ago...The got run all over by Mr Willie Parker...The Titans won't make the playoffs...The Bengals and The Steelers are the teams to come out of the division...and I believe the Steelers are the team in the AFC... and Mr Rburger still hasn't lost a regular season game...

last i checked Willie Parker was running all over everybody. the Steelers are one of those teams that will have a good running game no matter whose in there. there o-line is just that good, just like KC and Denver. how come they have to be lucky? it was a legit win over a banged up Ravens team. the Titans arent THAT bad...McNair was the MVP 2 years ago, Henry and Brown are both former 1000 yard rushers, Bennett has a 1000 yard season under his belt, Bullock and Haynseworth are amongst the best in the league at their positions. they have enough impact players that they wont be 2-14 or anything like that, they will win 6 or 7 games this year...if they avoid injuries 8 wins is a possibilty.

P.S. we know the Titans wont make the playoffs, people dont have to keep reassuring us of this.

I am reassuring you the Titans will only win 5 or 6 games this year. I keep telling everyone that the offense will struggle all year, the defense won't be able to defend against the pass, and they just dont have the experience to win more than 4 or 5 games. Out of the Titans remaining schedule I see them being able to win a total of maybe 5 games ( 2 Houston, Arizona, Cleveland, San Fransico, and Miami) and none of these games are promised W's.

Sun 9/25 at St. Louis

Sun 10/2 Indianapolis

Sun 10/9 at Houston

Sun 10/16 Cincinnati

Sun 10/23 at Arizona

Sun 10/30 Oakland

Sun 11/6 at Cleveland

Sun 11/20 Jacksonville

Sun 11/27 San Francisco

Sun 12/4 at Indianapolis

Sun 12/11 Houston

Sun 12/18 Seattle

Sat 12/24 at Miami

Sun 1/1 at Jacksonville

I am reassuring you the Titans will only win 5 or 6 games this year. I keep telling everyone that the offense will struggle all year, the defense won't be able to defend against the pass, and they just dont have the experience to win more than 4 or 5 games. Out of the Titans remaining schedule I see them being able to win a total of maybe 5 games ( 2 Houston, Arizona, Cleveland, San Fransico, and Miami) and none of these games are promised W's.

Sun 9/25 at St. Louis

Sun 10/2 Indianapolis

Sun 10/9 at Houston

Sun 10/16 Cincinnati

Sun 10/23 at Arizona

Sun 10/30 Oakland

Sun 11/6 at Cleveland

Sun 11/20 Jacksonville

Sun 11/27 San Francisco

Sun 12/4 at Indianapolis

Sun 12/11 Houston

Sun 12/18 Seattle

Sat 12/24 at Miami

Sun 1/1 at Jacksonville

thats crazy, they can win more than that. Texans twice, Cardinals, Raiders, Browns, Dolphins, 49ers. let me reassure you that none of those teams are good. the Jags, Seahawks, and Rams arent great either, they have a shot at the playoffs but i dont think any of them will win more than 9 games. the Titans will be the favorite against the Dolphins, 49ers, Texans(x2), and the Browns(that would make 6 wins) and i'd be willing to bet they will beat the Cardinals(that makes 7) and they could take 1 from the Jags later on when Fragile Fred gets hurt again or they could beat the great 0-2 Raiders(that would make 8). my guess is 7-9....you stick with your 4-12 prediction...you'll eat crow in a few months.

thats crazy, they can win more than that. Texans twice, Cardinals, Raiders, Browns, Dolphins, 49ers. let me reassure you that none of those teams are good. the Jags, Seahawks, and Rams arent great either, they have a shot at the playoffs but i dont think any of them will win more than 9 games. the Titans will be the favorite against the Dolphins, 49ers, Texans(x2), and the Browns(that would make 6 wins) and i'd be willing to bet they will beat the Cardinals(that makes 7) and they could take 1 from the Jags later on when Fragile Fred gets hurt again or they could beat the great 0-2 Raiders(that would make 8). my guess is 7-9....you stick with your 4-12 prediction...you'll eat crow in a few months.

Do you know anything about football and have you not watched over the past two weeks of football. The Titans main weakness is their secondary, which means a team like the Cardinals presents a major match-up problem with recievers Bolden and Fitzgerald. The Browns have Romeo, who learned from the best in the game and Dilfer is a very underrated QB with a great young reciever. The Jags just held Peyton's offense in check, once they solve their o-line problems they will make a run at the playoffs and the Titans can't hang with them. Once again pass defense is their weakness and what is the Raiders strength, Passing downfield. The Raiders are 0-2 because they have played two great teams (K.C. and New England) And how can I Titans fan make fun of Fred Taylor when you have not only one but two star running backs that can't stay healthy. Football is a game of match-ups and the truth is the Titans don't match up well against many teams in the league.