best running backs in east tn

BigReno

Leonard Blair of Oak Ridge is the most physical back in east tennessee and possibly in the state. He hasnt gotten the ball as much as he did under ron grays offense but he still has made some huge plays for the wildcats. did anyone else see how he stunned that guy from heratige. Also he is the only wildcat to have earned the black face mask so far. it is awarded for 5 big hits and leonard has made his share of big hits running the ball. so he should definately be added to this list.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a debate that has no definite answer. You can look and see if anyone is a commitment to any university and compare that way but there are too many variables in this discussion.

Competition is not always the same and plus many of the backs don't even play a whole game (b/c of a blowout). For example, last year Lindsey (Alcoa) was chasing the state TD record for one season, yet he did not play the 4th quarter of the majority of Alcoa's games.

I'm sure there are other examples like this one. I think it would be hard to argue against Lindsey since he will be playing with the Big Orange next year but I admit I am a little biased. I've seen a couple of his runs this year; especially against McCallie he was pretty darn good. I've seen him score TD's on plays that he didn't have any business even getting out of the backfield. Plus, when he needs to he can block pretty well on pass protection which is a big plus for any college team to look at. He's not the fastest back but he is a physical back who is going to pound on the defense for 4 quarters.

Tallent is very good; very tough. He's the type of back you can count on getting you the short yards if you need them.

After the season this question would be easier to answer.

My boy Duck is most def. the best back in TN, period. No other back on here is going to an SEC school, much less anywhere. Duck will go into UT as a freshmen and compete for time at a Top 10 football school in the nation. No other back on here can say that. Someone brought up a good point about Duck never getting to play the 4th quarter because Alcoa is blowing people out where the other backs get to play the whole game. Duck still puts up better numbers then these backs while only playing three quarters. No other back on here can say that. Last year Duck tied the state record for rushing touchdowns, and in my mind broke that record because he missed about a total of 2 games because of Alcoa blowing people out. No other back on here can say that. Duck is still putting up unrivaled numbers this year while having to split time with Chris Shiverdecker, who should have to wait his turn to get all those touches. Untill another back can say these things then this topic needs to end, period.

Also, besides the Maryville kids, which back has put their team on their back and led them to a State Championship and win the MVP of the State Game??