trousdale county

streetjacket

First...I can't wait for the big game in 2wks that will put alot of this crap to rest. I am not a huge fan of TC but I do want to state this: What is the record of TC vs the privates? I bet it is not a losing one, not even close. They dominated the privates when they were in 1A. Why would they want to schedule them during those years when they would have played them in the playoffs? So they move to 3A...from what I have heard there numbers went up, right? They had to go to 2A...How many local 2A teams were around for them too play? 3A seems to be a better fit with Portalnd, Smith Co, Macon Co, Livingston, etc. all within driving distance...and all bring tons of gate. Why not move up and play...doesn't seem like dodging to me...seems like smart business. I saw where someone asked why they didn't play privates, besied FRA once, look at the schedule they had...they had a schedule full of region games like 9 I think, that leaves one game and with a region like they had I wouldn't want to spend that one game on a private school either, win or lose. TC coach wasn't the sole reason for the privates getting moved up so lets not talk abou that...I didn't want my team playing all the other privates with the "recruiting" going one either. All i say is look at their record...I doubt TC players are coaches are scared to play anyone!! But I know I can't wait to get some of that Jacket tail in 2 wks!!!!

Go FCS

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trousdale is the real deal in 1a. They will not only win their region handily but they will win against S. Pitt and Dance in Murfresboro in Dec. They may not play who you guys think they should or what ever, but they have always had a strong team and a lot of tradition and will dominate whoever they play on the east side of the state. Friendship christian has no idea what they are in for in 2 weeks. Ya'll think Boyd Dominated ya'll the last 3 years well guess what Trousdale will pick up where Boyd left off. They will do to you what you did to Red Boiling Springs!!!

With 9 region games FRA was the only team that would play a home and home series with TC. Would you please give examples of teams that they schedule b/c they know they'll dominate? In 3A Smith, Macon, Portland, and Livingston all had at least one win over TC. DO you think TC should have packed up and headed to Chatt. to play Boyd? What good would have come from it? It costs lots of money to rent a bus and feed players on that type of trip. That is what the playoffs are for. I guess you loaded privates think that its no big deal to drive accross the state for non region games. Trust me, TC coaches and fans don't get too fired up to play Red Boiling Spr.. They are doing it b/c they are in that region. One loss to CPA..........one. Two losses to DCA over the years (since 1988). One loss to FRA. Two losses to BGA whom TC scheduled for regular season games (I think 4 consecutive years) during the Troy Fleming days. What non region games do they schedule that are cake walks? Do you guys have rivals? Macon and Smith are rivals that go back to the begining of time. Why not play those people? Getting teams on the schedule is not as easy as writing the names on paper. Things have to match up. Maybe turning down Brent. Acad. for a regular season game is about the only team I can think of. But would you? Why does private schools only schedule other private schools for non region games? Look at the schedules of privates. They play privates in non region games 90% of the time. Got any information on that? Hey I remember TC playing Marshall Co., Giles Co., Hazelwood, AL (If you know nothing about that school, then take time and look it up.), Mullenberg, KY, Allen Co., KY, Russellville, KY, and some school that was near Missouri in non region games. What do you want, Riverdale or De La Salle? How about Permian High in Texas? You pay the ticket, they might do it. Oh, what about Memphis Univ. School or even USC? Finally, if your "Community" high school was 1A enrollment, are you telling me you wouldn't play in that class? Heck ya avoid the privates. The article in the Tennesseean today set things for me again. I don't have anything against private schooling, but when you discuss athletics, the field isn't level. CPA hiring Lamanski Hall as Strength Coach? What public school with that size enrollment can do that? I'll tell you.......NONE!!! Notice any of the former NFL players coaching at a public school? Why? How many of them are state certified to teach in a classroom? Got to go. Kickoff in an hour. It takes me double time to wash both of my heads from the mutation that TVA gave me.

Good to hear from you Ela. How do you like NC, I,ve always kept up with NC football, What class are you in. I was born and half raised in Avery Co.

I coach in the toughest conference in 2A ball on the east coast. I have about 80 kids in my program (school has about 720). We are undefeated 6-0. It's been a blast!

Very few up here can stop the pass and don't know what to make of my five-wide-receiver offense. They all live and die by the WING-T. My QB threw for 160 yards last week and rushed for another 100 yards, playing against a team that has won four state championships in the last ten years. Life is really good for my family right now!

Good to hear from you again!

I'd like to see Trousdale play Riverdale. It would be a good one! Now, Riverdale may be overrated- not TCHS. Those boys play with pride and determination. Haven't seen Riverdale, but have hear of their record and reputation. TCHS doesn't have a huge roster but those that are players are versatile and can offense and defense. Guess we'll know in Dec., huh?

I'd like to see Trousdale play Riverdale. It would be a good one! Now, Riverdale may be overrated- not TCHS. Those boys play with pride and determination. Haven't seen Riverdale, but have hear of their record and reputation. TCHS doesn't have a huge roster but those that are players are versatile and can offense and defense. Guess we'll know in Dec., huh?

Whoa easy big fellow. now as im sure you have read on here, why would we do something like that. one day when we get brave enough to quit dodging the privates we can progress. i hope that you were letting it be known that if you take an average kid that plays both sides of the ball with all his heart and soul and match him up to a team of the same oppertunity that TC stands out in a crowd. how ever when the % is so great that you can dress out 11 on each side with freshness left over, it could be a tough road to handle. but wait i guess the boys usually do play most of the game anyways so heck< redneck> maybe some of us would enjoy the test since all the privates could easly walk through any of the public school programs. just kidding , all the respect in the world to coach rankin. he plays the cards he has. great years but he well knows that he could be beaten any given night by the right team. as well as coach satterfield knows the same......cant we all just get along :)

I feel like I need to clarify myself concerning the TCHS matter. The classification system is based on school enrollment, isn't it? You can only play 11 boys at a time, so as a coach, you have to chose the right man for the job.

Now i wasnt knocking what you said as i feel the only way to ever shut up some smack is to do exactly that. however if one team plays 11 against several eleven man crews . who has the advantage. of course the fresher team could win, but not always. also you have to take into account that a 5a first string is composed of a better % of maybe natural ability compared to a hard working machine. not knocking 5 a but i would definately say that they have the ability to be more picky when they field their team. 1a doesnt have that option.you play what you have. i will say that i belive that the tougher teams come from the lower classes as they play with what they have and alot on both sides of the ball all game long. im sure if all things were equal the big schools would have a tough time with some of the small schools

Now i wasnt knocking what you said as i feel the only way to ever shut up some smack is to do exactly that. however if one team plays 11 against several eleven man crews . who has the advantage. of course the fresher team could win, but not always. also you have to take into account that a 5a first string is composed of a better % of maybe natural ability compared to a hard working machine. not knocking 5 a but i would definately say that they have the ability to be more picky when they field their team. 1a doesnt have that option.you play what you have. i will say that i belive that the tougher teams come from the lower classes as they play with what they have and alot on both sides of the ball all game long. im sure if all things were equal the big schools would have a tough time with some of the small schools

So true! With a larger roster, many players may have "special positions" or teams if you will and that's their position all through the game. Of course with larger schools, I'm sure have a larger budget to play with compared to smaller schools that greatly depend on fund raisers and their local booster clubs to help out with expenses. (Atleast what the parents don't pay for).