Volunteer Falcons

volfalcons

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Falcons. Years from now, this might be the game that is looked back on as the one that turned the corner for the program. Much success the rest of the way.

Not trying to diss the Falcons, but if years from now people are still talking about beating Crockett that is sad. Real sad.

Not trying to diss the Falcons, but if years from now people are still talking about beating Crockett that is sad. Real sad.

See all this time we've all coaches included have been trying to tell you that you had it in you. Don't let the negative slip in & take control of the "W" out there waiting for you to grab come Friday with the Devils. Team played a very good game Friday against Crockett & you can still get to the playoffs if you listen, practice with heart, pride & really want this. Take a look in the stands & you'll see that you've got alot of people that believe & have faith in you guys so take that & fill up on it & turn it into steam like a locomotive & run right over those devils & leave them wondering what "hit" them. It's real easy for us fans to sit in the stands & tell what can, should & could be or been but we know that it has to come from you the "Volunteer Falcon Team" don't let records defeat you go into this game with the heart, mind & determination that everyone can be beat & new records can be made. Beat the devils! Go FALCONS!!!

Let's go Falcons. It looks like it may be a wet Friday night. You guys will be good mudders. Let it loose, play from the heart and give all ya got every play and hold your head high. I think you can win this one.

I'm just gonna watch and see who wants to "HIT SOMEBODY".

Good luck guys, we all want it for ya.

TEAMWORK

Tough loss last night. Greenville came out of the gate running, and we just couldn't match them. I was proud of the way our boys played in the second half though. The score was 21-0 at halftime and ended 24-0. We did not quit at all.

Coach Hastings did a great job of making adjustments at halftime because they were pretty much shut down in the 2nd half.

I think #20, and #1 for Greenville are the best players in our conference that we have faced so far. They are both very elusive, and that showed because we could not seem to tackle them. Their freshmen QB has some great potential in the next few years.

The one thing I was most disappointed in were our fans. It was the worst showing of fan support at a home game in the last 5 years. I know it was sprinkling rain the whole game, but come on people, Greenville had more fans than we did. Let's change that next week against Boone. If we win out, we will still make the playoffs.

Edited by sgoinseagle4life

Tough loss last night. Greenville came out of the gate running, and we just couldn't match them. I was proud of the way our boys played in the second half though. The score was 21-0 at halftime and ended 24-0. We did not quit at all.

Coach Hastings did a great job of making adjustments at halftime because they were pretty much shut down in the 2nd half.

I think #20, and #1 for Greenville are the best players in our conference that we have faced so far. They are both very elusive, and that showed because we could not seem to tackle them. Their freshmen QB has some great potential in the next few years.

The one thing I was most disappointed in were our fans. It was the worst showing of fan support at a home game in the last 5 years. I know it was sprinkling rain the whole game, but come on people, Greenville had more fans than we did. Let's change that next week against Boone. If we win out, we will still make the playoffs.

Win out? If you think #20 for Greeneville was tough, wait till you see Sky Hicks for Boone. 3000+ career rushing yards.

All I can say is, keep battling.

Early Prediction

Boone 30

Vol. 7

Offense just hasn't been able to do much all year and the Defense wears down from being on the field all the time.

Reno, my point is that that was the first win under the new regime, sorry if that's too big a word for you. If he builds a winning tradition, that might be looked at as his first win and a building block. Is that too sad for ya?

On a different note, you football guys who play baseball will be glad to know that the rest of the team has played in some fall tournaments and had a pretty good showing. A couple of weekends back, we went 3-1 in a tournament in JC and this past weekend, we went 3-1 in a tourney at King College. We hit the ball very well both weekends and had very few errors. Pitching was top-notch in 7 of the 8 games. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way in the game with that funny looking brown ball and we look forward to getting you back on the Plateau. Go Falcons!!!!!

Edited by Falconbaseballbacker

Hey Falcons! Just wanted to say that this Friday is a milestone in some of your lives with it being Senior night & I would like to wish you all the best in your futures & we'll sure miss you! Take what you've learned all of these years & put it to good use & beat Daniel Boone! "All" of you need to remember that there isn't an "I" in Team so go out there as a TEAM & push through to the goal! Keep heads & momentum up with these next 3 games & come out on top! Go back into time & remember the story that either mom or your kindergarten teacher read you about the little engine that could. Think of yourselves as an engine & roll right over your opponents! Don't mean to sound giddy but I myself are very proud of you & want nothing more than to see you & especially the Seniors finish out this season with "W's". You can do it if you believe in yourself & the man next to you! Put those hits on them, & open up the gap to let the running man through! Previous losses are to be taken as a learning experience & a preparation time so come Friday let's get out there & bring home another "W"!!! Remember that Coach Rider believes in you or he wouldn't be here & doing what he does for you so make him proud! But, don't do it just for him do for each one of you that make up our Falcon Pride team! You've got it in you don't be afraid to use it & you sure don't want to make all of these misconstrued observers right. Prove everyone wrong that has the jaw jacking capability & win win!!! :thumb:

:) A WIN TONIGHT AGAINST BOONE WOULD BE AWESOME, BUT EVEN

MORE IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE THE OFFENSE SHOW THEIR TRUE STUFF

THESE KIDS HAVE PLAYED BALL LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW WHAT TO DO AND

HOW TO DO IT, FORGET THE PAST GAMES AND CONCENTRATE ON THE GAME

TONIGHT ONLY. A TOUCHDOWN SCORED BY BOONE IS NOT THE END OF THE

GAME GUYS, JUST STEP UP AND DON'T ALLOW ANOTHER ONE. SENIORS

ESPECIALLY SHOULD WANT THIS GAME WITH ALL THEIR HEART, AND IT DOES

TAKE HEART TO WIN GAMES.

DEFENSE HAS GOT TO DO MORE THAN THEY DID LAST WEEK, YOU GUYS KNOW

HOW TO BLOCK AND YOU KNOW HOW TO TACKLE, SO WRAP YOUR ARMS AROUND THE BOONE GUYS AND TAKE THEM DOWN. WE'RE PULLING FOR YOU

SO GO GET THEM. :huh:

GO FALCONS

I just wanted to wish you guys luck tonight, especially you seniors. I have known you all for quite some time now and you truely are a special group. Win or lose. You're class is alot like mine was. You know what it feels like to win a little but you also know how it feels to lose. And I promise that you all will remember every one. Just be able to finish out your serior year knowing that you did everything that you could to make the person next to you and yourself better. You will always remember the plays that you took off that my have made the difference or may have not. Don't leave being uncertain about how much effort you have put forth. This team can be as good as they want to be. Don't ever quit. Finish strong!