Why Football players should Wrestle

rigger101

If you have not read the article then why do you post. If you had read the article you would see that it involves football nad almost everyaspect of football. If you would take time away from frivolous posting and read how it benefits football, you would be amazed by the connections. Hand strength equals not fumbling, explosion off line of scrimmage is incorporated by exploding off bottom with someone trying to hold you down. Reaction time is done in split seconds when you have to notice a opponents move and then another important football skill comes into play, you must react to their action, and reading a defense then reacting, or reading a running back and countering their movement all relate to read and react. These are just a few examples, strngth stamina, all of that tarnsfers to the gridiron as well. I urge you to read the article, it covers many aspects of wrestling relating to football. Go read it, and if you do not read it, feel free to tell me and rigger how it does not pertain to football, and also how it effects football in a negative way. I would be glad to respond and answer those statements, and i am sure rigger would love to respond also. Eddie never gave us reasons so for some reason i doubt you can either.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really doesn't belong on the football site. It is about wrestling. I know you are trying to relate it to football, but it just isn't working. You are just trying to promote your sport through the popularity of football. Their is obviously some correlation between the two sports, but no more so than any two other sports. I think the point people are trying to make( in a rather obnoxious way) is that every sport basically has some benefits in certain areas of other sports. Don't take your desire for wrestling to be a main stream sport and shove it down our throats. Let us just enjoy the sport we all love- football!!!!

]

AMEN

iF I WANTED TO READ IT I WOULD

but i have better things to do with my life like count the number of usuless posts i have made lol

sorry

But im not gonna read it doesnt really help me at all

Lets talk about the thing that really helps football

the shotput those guys are the real athletes

stop trying its not gonna help thats why you never see them cover high school wrestling on tv unless its at the end of the season (do they have a season)

]

AMEN

We are not saying any sport is better than the other, but there is more than just some correlation between the two sports. Almost any aspect of football can be impoved by wrestling. In defense of fieldtopitch, he probably thought you were from maryville, which it is apparent you are from powell, at least i think so, sorry we don't know you, we can just guess where you are from by your name and posts. If you don't read it then please do not tell me the two do not correlate. If all you want to do is argue about wrestling go to the wrestling board, we want to discuss the benefits of wrestling with football players. Give facts on how it hurts football players. That is the best way to get your point across.

iF I WANTED TO READ IT I WOULD

but i have better things to do with my life like count the number of usuless posts i have made lol

sorry

But im not gonna read it doesnt really help me at all

Lets talk about the thing that really helps football

the shotput those guys are the real athletes

stop trying its not gonna help thats why you never see them cover high school wrestling on tv unless its at the end of the season (do they have a season)

Yes they have a season. Why wouldn't they, wrestling is a sport too. It is shown on tv during the state tournament, and yes it is at the end of the year. So what if its not televised as much as football, that does not mean it does not help football. Once again i ask you, IN WHAT NEGATIVE WAY DOES WRESTLING EFFECT FOOTBALL PLAYERS? How about you answer that.

If i cared i would read it it. This is a FOOTBALL message board not a wrestling, i could care less about wrestling. Yes it is tuff and those guys do have to train, but thats not what this board is for go to the wrestling board for that.

And from fieldtopitch

man you are on top of this southdoyle we beat on friday

no clue where you got we play heritage

clinton will be a fun game that we havnt played

so you sir can stick to threads you know absolultley nothing about

I got that you played Heritage from this website. Is this info incorrect? It says Maryville and it says 2005 schedule, so you tell me.

Sorry I have to rely on places like this website to find out about the happenings in the world of 4A football.

http://www.coacht.com/inside/schedule.cfm?...D=1&SeasonID=41

Apparently South Doyle played Powell this past weekend - once again, you tell me.

http://www.coacht.com/inside/schedule.cfm?...D=1&SeasonID=41

MaryvilleWho:

Ahh, so you're from Powell... nice name. I guess that I wouldn't want to associate myself with Powell if I was trying to talk about football either.

Come on man, you're 3-3. Maybe you or someone associated with the football program should take a second to read any material you can find on ideas towards building a better team.

Oh, and by the way, to answer your apparent enigmatic name: Maryville is the team who beat your Powell team 47-19. Maybe that name seemed like a good idea before that Sept. 16th drubbing.

I believe that by maryvillewho, he is using it sarcasticly, as in maryville who, its all about powell. Since Powell is 4a. In that case i do not know why he mentions maryville in his screename since maryville pounded powell and usually do. He is an instigator without facts to back up his claim, so when we mis interpret his name, he is finally right about something.

Edited by alcoa11905

I believe that by maryvillewho, he is using it sarcasticly, as in maryville who, its all about powell.

Right, that's why I said this:

"Oh, and by the way, to answer your apparent enigmatic name: Maryville is the team who beat your Powell team 47-19. Maybe that name seemed like a good idea before that Sept. 16th drubbing."

Right, that's why I said this:

"Oh, and by the way, to answer your apparent enigmatic name: Maryville is the team who beat your Powell team 47-19. Maybe that name seemed like a good idea before that Sept. 16th drubbing."

That was not directed at you, i posted it before i read your reply, but isn't it funny how they can't show proof.

i would give all the State Championships Bradley has ever won back for a good football team. ( from Bradley Central)

Dude, your nuts! I will make sure I post this during wrestling season and let the Bear faithful track you down like the crazy dog you are. Your wrestling program is a legend and no football program can close to the domination your school has show over the years.

:o Oh my G#d I just defended the Bear wrestling program. ;););)