Forrest vs. Joe Byrns

voiceofrockets

Yes, it was named after Nathan Bedford Forrest, but the KKK is not now what it was formed for then. But that is another story.

You guys had a great game. I was in the press box, too, and your guys up there were very nice. Tuck, you played an awesome game, and so did the rest of your team. I just think we were not mentally prepared for this game. Thanks for the well wishes on the rest of the season, and the same to you.

Go Rockets!!

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it was named after Nathan Bedford Forrest,

Military History lesson: General Nathan Bedford Forrest is considered one of the greatest calvalry officers in U.S., maybe world history. His tactics and battle performance are still studied at West Point etc. He had over 36 horse shot out from under him in battle.

Military History lesson: General Nathan Bedford Forrest is considered one of the greatest calvalry officers in U.S., maybe world history. His tactics and battle performance are still studied at West Point etc. He had over 36 horse shot out from under him in battle.

How in the world did you dig up this old topic????? I though I had put a wrong heading at first. Kinda neat to read what was said last year though.