Blackman Tournament

hillmen

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on how Ooltewah is doing this afternoon?

I heard they beat Hixson in 2 easily.

And beat Eagleville in 2 fairly easily.

Should be playing Cookeville now, who Hixson beat in 3!

Then they play Riverdale, Oowa is the expected winner there.

Said they are playing good ball today.

There have been some interesting results ..Pageman will catch us up sooner or later, but in the meantime here is all I know.

ERidge lost to Germantown 2-0 and then beat F Ryan in 3.

Hixson beat Cookeville in 3.

Collierville 2-1 over Siegel.

Gtown beat Collierville 2-0.

So, if you are in pool 2 can you climb back up, or are you playing for a smaller plaque now?

VBallDaddy, those were bad calls ..I could see them all the way from Atlanta!

I'm still pulling for Bill Albaugh and Tullahoma to win it all.

Unfortunately Tullahoma did not win it all.. but they came in a close 15th or 16th. But wait till next year!!!!!

Germantown beat Father Ryan in 2 in the Finals of the Gold.

I don't know how the rest of the brackets shook out as, we were at the middle school.

In the Silver 1st round, LaVergne beat Eagleville in 2, 25-17, 25-15 and Univ. School of Nashville beat Cookeville in 3

In the Silver finals, LaVergne beat USN 25-18, 20-25, 15-12

A few observations...

Laura Brock is a great player. First time I have seen her this year, and she has really improved.

I love the "Fear the Fro" shirts.

For those that say East Ridge is average, you are crazy. They are a way above average AAA team. They aren't in AAA, so to me they are tremendous in A-AA.

Germantown's #6 is an absolute BEAST! She has some serious GUNS!

Germantown is a GREAT team! I could see an arugement for them being the state's best.

Class AAA is loaded. Collierville is good, Siegel is good, Ooltewah is good, Germantown is good, Franklin is Good, Independence is good. Brentwood is Brentwood, Sullivan South, Farragut, etc. etc. etc.

The AAA tournament will be a wild one.

Germantown is the most aggressive serving team I have seen. They challenge with every serve. The Jumpserve from #6 is tough.

Siegel's sophomore middle is going to be a great player.

Father Ryan is just a machine. Where do all those trees keep coming from?

Blackman's tournament has to be one of the state's best.

Some observations from the Blackman tournament:

Germantown #5 is awesome

#33 from Father Ryan is going to be a very good player next year and at the next level

#2 from Siegel is a great setterr and makes that team go - Makes unbelievable saves

#22 From East Ridge is a complete player, probably the best in the state in AA

Geramntown's setter, #4, is solid

#12 from Riverdale is a good middle and has a lot of heart

#21 from Cookeville is a strong middle

#5 From Siegel is a good OH

#5 from Collierville is very good

Can someone help me with names here?

Some observations from the Blackman tournament:

Germantown #5 is awesome

#33 from Father Ryan is going to be a very good player next year and at the next level

#2 from Siegel is a great setterr and makes that team go - Makes unbelievable saves

#22 From East Ridge is a complete player, probably the best in the state in AA

Geramntown's setter, #4, is solid

#12 from Riverdale is a good middle and has a lot of heart

#21 from Cookeville is a strong middle

#5 From Siegel is a good OH

#5 from Collierville is very good

Can someone help me with names here?

Siegel #2- Stephanie Cutter (great hands!), ER #22- Laura Brock, Siegel #5- Amanda Horenkamp, FR #33- Emily Teegarden (sp?)