Brentwood 9 Franklin 7

FHSrebel27

Well I was standing five feet from the play in the endzone and while I am getting older and I need bifocals to read ... I think between Comcast, Channel 9 and Channel 3 one or more will show what I saw which is one foot on the line and the other completely out of bounds....not a touchback!!

No sour grapes. I think it just adds to the long story that is the rivalry.

Has anyone seen it yet?

Again maybe it's me but both offenses seemed to struggle, I think more so than in years past. Both defenses played well, particularly the DBs on both sides. Both Mikrut and McCurdy had trouble trying to get done what they wanted and had to tuck it and run far more than they should have. Brentwood did better job getting to Mikrut than Franklin did getting to McCurdy. Brentwood has numerous blitz packages, Franklin tries to play contain. Stats will be about even with the exceptions of the INTs and penalties. Both played a huge roll. The two delay of game penalties on Franklin in their first drive killed it! That rest squarely on the coaching staff. The interceptions were a combination of good plays by Brentwood's defenders and poor timing on routes and a missed call by the ref .... ( hey it happens...they are only human)

Lets hope both of these teams make it to the playoffs and then .... who knows

Edited by BigDogDaddy

From what i hear Franklin had the ball last in the game when Mikrut threw the INT??? not sure really becase i havent been able to watch the game yet. the thing i dont understand though is why did Franklin not attempt to line John Bell up for a feild goal and run the ball up the middle instead of going for a td through the air?? i know the coacehs may not have much confident in their senior kicker righ tnow, but the only way to get his confidence back up and theirs in him is to keep allowing him the opportunites because he is a good kicker and will prove that by the end of the year.

Sorry guys, I was out of town all weekend.

Thoughts on the game:

For the Bruins, defense and special teams (kicking) won the game. Chris Walsh three clutch field goals and great punting kept the Bruins from losing the field position game and scored when drives stalled by penalties. With the exception of one Hewitt return, Bruins kept the Rebels bottled up. Walsh's distance and hang-time were huge. Conversely, the punting of Franklin did not switch field position for them. Bruin linebackers were all over the field.

Turnovers also killed Franklin-interceptions and fumbles stopped any chance they had of winning. Save for one play that shouldn't have happened, the Bruins pitched a shutout.

Franklin had an excellent offensive game plan and really did a great job the first half of keeping the Bruins off-guard. Bruins had the ball hardly at all (3 total yards) the first quarter.

Second quarter, Brentwood held the Rebels to 12 total yards. Bruins tightened the screws on the run game forcing Mikrut to the air.

Third quarter momentum went toward Bruins. Fourth quarter was a great chess match. Biggest play of the fourth was Mason Thurman's monster sack on Mikrut on their last offensive series.

If you would have told Franklin before the game that they would hold Brentwood to 3 field goals, they would take it. Holding Franklin to one TD was huge for the Bruins with the Rebels averaging nearly 40 points per game.

Officals missed calls on both sides of the ball, as they always do. Nick Krow's head was twisted 320 degrees on a non-face mask by BHS bench. Holding was rarely called, but boy were they all over on the delay of game penalties!

Incredible atmosphere with most crowd estimates between 6-7 thousand.

It appears that 1-3 is set for Region 6 (baring any huge upsets). Who takes the fourth spot?