DB @ Sevier County

ArtVandalay

DB @ Sevier County next Friday night. This one may very well be for the #1 Seed for the Playoffs in Region 1 5A. DB is 5-1 (2-0), The Smokey Bears are 6-1 (3-0).

All Time Series = DB leads 15 wins to 4 for the Smokey Bears

DB has won 5 straight games @ Sevierville, and has 5 won straight games in the series. The Smokey Bears last win in the series was in 1999, a game that gave them the #1 Playoff Seed that season.

The greatest High School game I ever saw was the Regular Season game in 2000, when the State #2 DB Indians beat #1 Sevier County 35-34, with the Smokey Bears going for 2 with no time on the clock instead of kicking the extra point and going into overtime. Gutsy call, I don't think I could have made that call.

I have heard nothing but good things about the Smokey Bears team this year, big and strong is always mentioned. How is your QB? The Bears always have a QB that can sling it around. How about your running backs?

Looking forward to this Region 1 5A Battle

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB @ Sevier County next Friday night. This one may very well be for the #1 Seed for the Playoffs in Region 1 5A. DB is 5-1 (2-0), The Smokey Bears are 6-1 (3-0).

All Time Series = DB leads 15 wins to 4 for the Smokey Bears

DB has won 5 straight games @ Sevierville, and has 5 won straight games in the series. The Smokey Bears last win in the series was in 1999, a game that gave them the #1 Playoff Seed that season.

The greatest High School game I ever saw was the Regular Season game in 2000, when the State #2 DB Indians beat #1 Sevier County 35-34, with the Smokey Bears going for 2 with no time on the clock instead of kicking the extra point and going into overtime. Gutsy call, I don't think I could have made that call.

I have heard nothing but good things about the Smokey Bears team this year, big and strong is always mentioned. How is your QB? The Bears always have a QB that can sling it around. How about your running backs?

Looking forward to this Region 1 5A Battle

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

I'll go ahead and give a prediction...SC wins this one.

With an open date, DB and Graham Clark will have 2 full weeks to prepare for this game, and get some injuries healed. I am going to expect that DB will be ready for anything the Smokey Bears throw at them. DB is 4-0 after an open date (all the past 4 years).

Is Sam McCord back for some WR action this week?

Have a good 2nd week of prepartation...

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

DB Injury update

Sam McCord is expected back @ practice on Monday and should help out @ WR

Matt Creech is still bothered by Hamstring injury

Marcus Rogers may not be back at all

DB since going to the I Formation has really got the offense going. Bo Burton has improved by leaps and bounds in his passing game. The WR have stepped up.

DB's ground game is starting to dominate games along with the best DB Defense in several years.

Anybody from Sevier County care to give us preview of the Smokey Bears?

That big win at Science Hill took a hit when Bearden was able to knock off the Hill Toppers.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

I agree with the posts so far, the game should be a close one. I know most will be favoring D-B, because of the past few years, but Sevier County has been playing well this year, this should make for a good contest.

I have attended a few D-B games this year and just have a couple of questions. How come they have gone to more of the I formation in recent games? How will the supposed return of McCord boost the offense? And why does #19 (do not know his name (or really just forgot it)) not play play in the gun formations? Just a couple of questions to clear up my clouded mind.

Roll Tribe Roll