SOUTH AT ELIZABETHTON

cyclone81

I look for one of the best weeks of practice we have had this year. The kids know what this game could possibly mean, The coaches will have them ready last week was just what the dr. ordered, I smell a upset in the making Friday night if we come out and play some good ole old fashion cyclone football

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look for one of the best weeks of practice we have had this year. The kids know what this game could possibly mean, The coaches will have them ready last week was just what the dr. ordered, I smell a upset in the making Friday night if we come out and play some good ole old fashion cyclone football

The Cyclones have had two exceptional days of practice so far........plus this thread needed a BUMP!

The Cyclones have had two exceptional days of practice so far........plus this thread needed a BUMP!

That sounds very good.... I hope we come out friday with a lot of fire and play like we are capable of doing. I think last week just may have given these the confidence they were needing.

My one concern is that 3 man front... gosh i wish we would come out in something else and shock their offense

That sounds very good.... I hope we come out friday with a lot of fire and play like we are capable of doing. I think last week just may have given these the confidence they were needing.

My one concern is that 3 man front... gosh i wish we would come out in something else and shock their offense

There are some slight changes to the D, but no 'trashing' of the 3 man front. Just a bit of tweaking to suit SS's offensive style. I'm sure SS is doing the same. Should be a descent game......usually is between these two.

There are some slight changes to the D, but no 'trashing' of the 3 man front. Just a bit of tweaking to suit SS's offensive style. I'm sure SS is doing the same. Should be a descent game......usually is between these two.

ok........

yes should be a good game. i dont think SS will blow us out like alot of folks seem to think either...

dang how times have changed...................

my daughter is in the band they have the first competition this saturday. some of the band kids have to be on the practice field at 9am saturday morning, with the rest of band practicing from 11am-to-1pm they load up and leave the school at 230. I made this offer to mr. Elliot the band director... Me and wife was going to feed the kids 27 pizzas enough for 3 slices per kid and drinks b4 they left... He informed me they didnt have time to eat b4 they left but the thing that gets me is he said they was going to stop on the way and get fast food.... geez passing up on free food blows my mind. I never been a big fan of him especially on friday nights because i think he could represent the school by showing a little more school spirit during the games than he allows the band to do.... guess im venting lol....

dang how times have changed...................

my daughter is in the band they have the first competition this saturday. some of the band kids have to be on the practice field at 9am saturday morning, with the rest of band practicing from 11am-to-1pm they load up and leave the school at 230. I made this offer to mr. Elliot the band director... Me and wife was going to feed the kids 27 pizzas enough for 3 slices per kid and drinks b4 they left... He informed me they didnt have time to eat b4 they left but the thing that gets me is he said they was going to stop on the way and get fast food.... geez passing up on free food blows my mind. I never been a big fan of him especially on friday nights because i think he could represent the school by showing a little more school spirit during the games than he allows the band to do.... guess im venting lol....

I think you have a valid point on the emphasis that he could push a lot more school spirit. I love the band, and was a band member in school from the 5th grade to my soph year, but he could care less about anything else. It's all about the band and to heck with the teams. That is what I take from him and maybe I'm wrong, but the band doesn't get into the game like they did a few years ago, and that's a fact. I will give him one thing though, the Betsy band is one of the best for our size school and he is one of the very toughest 'coaches' at Elizabethton. I guess I remember the days when the players could approach the band in the endzone and the band would go in a 'frenzy' in support of the team. Without football, where would the band be? Especially money wise??? I have and always will support the band regardless of his non-football mode. Remember the 'T-shirt' contraversy a couple of years ago by the band?

Man we're getting desperate for something to chat about.........

I think you have a valid point on the emphasis that he could push a lot more school spirit. I love the band, and was a band member in school from the 5th grade to my soph year, but he could care less about anything else. It's all about the band and to heck with the teams. That is what I take from him and maybe I'm wrong, but the band doesn't get into the game like they did a few years ago, and that's a fact. I will give him one thing though, the Betsy band is one of the best for our size school and he is one of the very toughest 'coaches' at Elizabethton. I guess I remember the days when the players could approach the band in the endzone and the band would go in a 'frenzy' in support of the team. Without football, where would the band be? Especially money wise??? I have and always will support the band regardless of his non-football mode. Remember the 'T-shirt' contraversy a couple of years ago by the band?

LOL we are arent we..... gosh i was just venting couldnt believe what his answer was, and the way he said it was WOW you would of thought i did some crime....lol and yes you are right about everything you said above

Sounds a lot like another band director I know!

I'll go out on that solid limb and predict the game regardless of which QB is at the helm of the Rebel juggernaut.

South 34

Betsy 7

Solid, but that limb isn't that solid. I'm going out on a 'weaker' limb and going with my Cyclones..........yea, I'm one of the few and the proud.........

Rainy Friday Night Special......Cyclones in an upset.......27-21

Good luck to all!

GO CYCLONES!!!! You have had an outstanding week of practice. Now do it on Friday night.