Knox Catholic @ Knox Webb

Flyguy2100

There is a big crowd expected at this game and there is a whole lot of hype. Webb will take this one because of experience. They have an all senior backfield on offense and most of their defense are seniors as well. In rivalry games or big games in general experience is key. Webb has a considerable amount more team speed than that of Catholic, and they defense-especially the secondary, is much improved from last year. As for the passing game...Webb's passing game is much improved. They still do not throw a whole lot, but they throw just enough to open up their run game more. Catholic better respect the pass or else they will get beat by a deep ball or two for TD's. I really would not be surprised to see Webb blow them out...but we'll have to wait and see until Friday night.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even with this two guys out i think webb can still pull out a victory against catholic. yes catholics line is big but they are not athletic compared to webbs decent sized line that is quick and athletic. even with the skill positions i think webb has the upper hand. catholic does have harrison smith and jay farris but they are not better than webbs skill players. dean smith and matt french are better and faster than harrison smith plus they have taken hits this year and harrison smith hasnt. once he gets hit one hard time by webbs defense i think he will slow down that is my thought

webb wins

I have doubted. For shame. I stand corrected. Picking the Irish by 10.

Take notice all AAA teams in East Tennessee. This is THE team to beat!!!

This is a good football team and an instant roadblock for anyone in AAA east of Nashville trying to get to Murfreesboro. If you want to play the best, you have to beat the best, and I think that Catholic proves that tonight. Good luck to both teams in what should be a very good game.

I honestly hope that whoever said if Harrison Smith gets hit hard once he will slow down plays for Webb. Harrison is one of the biggest players on the field no matter what position, do you think he is a slash type of runner? You are crazy...Harrison is a man among children. Please keep thinking that he slows down after he gets hit.

Please

Webb has beat better teams than Catholic. (Which don't mean a whole lot) But I think Webb comes out on top in a real close one. They beat a good Powell team and a solid West team. Catholic hasn't beat a good team all year (AE is a decent team but not good)

I bet you haven't seen AE play in a few weeks!! They are no longer a decent team--- they are VERY GOOD!!! I would have to say Catholic beat a good team when they beat Livingston Academy!!!

As for the passing game...Webb's passing game is much improved. They still do not throw a whole lot, but they throw just enough to open up their run game more. Catholic better respect the pass or else they will get beat by a deep ball or two for TD's. I really would not be surprised to see Webb blow them out...but we'll have to wait and see until Friday night.

That is slightly humorous...As i said before...

I think the key to this one will be passing. The team who can open up the passing game will win. Catholic's #12 definately has the advantage bw the two QB's and he has many many more options to throw to. Webb's #7 has not read or had to read a defense this year and his routs are limited. (Only one receiver at a time - two max) KCHS' #12 has proven he can read any defense they have played against.

Go Bobcats!

I'm not sure what exactly everyone is talking about here, sounds to me like a bunch of catholic kids tryin to make themselves feel better. Well for the third year in a row, the padded schedule of catholic has caused them to believe they are better than they really are. I have followed this rivalry and been to each of the games for years and from what I have seen, Webb is alot more physical than Catholic. On friday, expect to see some Catholic boys trying not to get hit while Webbs gonna be knocking some heads off.

Webb by 28

I'm not sure what exactly everyone is talking about here, sounds to me like a bunch of catholic kids tryin to make themselves feel better. Well for the third year in a row, the padded schedule of catholic has caused them to believe they are better than they really are. I have followed this rivalry and been to each of the games for years and from what I have seen, Webb is alot more physical than Catholic. On friday, expect to see some Catholic boys trying not to get hit while Webbs gonna be knocking some heads off.

Webb by 28

you're dreaming