Powell plays at Knox Halls

fairplay2121

PVT.....

How would you compare the mobility of Watts to the mobility of Helton?

I know you didn't ask me but , o well ;) ... Helton is very elusive and tough for his size , but Cody Watts is a high school version of Michael Vick when he's healthy . I think that both QB'S actually hurt their teams at times though by simply trying to do too much . As the QB , their main responsibility should be getting the ball spread around to several playmakers , not trying to do it all by themselves .

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am one of those who thought Powell would challenge Maryville for the region title this year followed by Central then Knox West, 1,2, 3,4 in that order. Was I wrong! If you look at the CoachT Strength of Schedule Ranking Powell is #1 and Knox Central is #2 in the state. Maryville is way down at #29 and Knox West is #5 and Halls is at #28. Lenoir City at #34 rounds out region. The explanation; the ranking are a result of the average win percentage of each team's scheduled opponents. In the Strength + Success ranking Maryville is #1, Central #2, Halls #4 and Powell #19. This Ranking takes that raw opponent average and adds the team's own win percentage. Teams that perform the best against opponents with high win percentages rank higher.

To me this means Powell has the toughest schedule in the state with Central following close behind. I think this means Halls should have the advantage in this game. I think Halls being at home and playing very good right now is a huge advantage for them. Halls only lost by 8 vs. Central and are 5-1. Powell is a very good team but they are not playing up to their ability IMO. They beat S. Doyle last week and that win should help them to get back on track. But if Halls beats Powell, the following week they have to stay on the road vs. a very good Central team, they are in danger of missing the play-offs. I think Halls and Central will beat Powell and make them 2-2 in the region then who knows. One more bad game vs. West or Clinton and they’ll be in the stands for the post season. Halls by 7

This further confirms how tough Region 3-4A is!

I am one of those who thought Powell would challenge Maryville for the region title this year followed by Central then Knox West, 1,2, 3,4 in that order. Was I wrong! If you look at the CoachT Strength of Schedule Ranking Powell is #1 and Knox Central is #2 in the state. Maryville is way down at #29 and Knox West is #5 and Halls is at #28. Lenoir City at #34 rounds out region. The explanation; the ranking are a result of the average win percentage of each team's scheduled opponents. In the Strength + Success ranking Maryville is #1, Central #2, Halls #4 and Powell #19. This Ranking takes that raw opponent average and adds the team's own win percentage. Teams that perform the best against opponents with high win percentages rank higher.

To me this means Powell has the toughest schedule in the state with Central following close behind. I think this means Halls should have the advantage in this game. I think Halls being at home and playing very good right now is a huge advantage for them. Halls only lost by 8 vs. Central and are 5-1. Powell is a very good team but they are not playing up to their ability IMO. They beat S. Doyle last week and that win should help them to get back on track. But if Halls beats Powell, the following week they have to stay on the road vs. a very good Central team, they are in danger of missing the play-offs. I think Halls and Central will beat Powell and make them 2-2 in the region then who knows. One more bad game vs. West or Clinton and they’ll be in the stands for the post season. Halls by 7

This further confirms how tough Region 3-4A is!

I agree with a lot of what you say, except that Powell is in danger of missing the playoffs. It would take a total meltdown for that to happen.

Powell has games left at Halls and at Central the next two weeks, certainly a monumental task. However, even if they can't win one of those games they can still secure a playoff spot by holding serve at home against Knoxville West and Clinton to close the regular season. That would put them at 4-3 in the region (currently 2-1) and they would have the tiebreaker over any of the 4 teams under them.

It is possible for a team to get in at 3-4 in the region, depending on who has the tiebreaker edges.

Looking logically it appears that the Battle of Emory Road this Friday could be for the 3 and 4 playoff seeds, if each team does what is reasonably expected down the road. Of course, you never know what can happen down the road, but this is a big game to take a step towards securing a playoff spot and possible 3 seed.

Edited by HTV

o man this game is going to be a dandy. although cody watts may be the best running qb in town lets not get carried away and say he is the michael vick of high school football that is not even fair to him.. not to mention we will see who is the best defensive end in this region when coxy shows mr. smith how to sack a qb. i think this one is close but it being in death valley i dont think the panthers can pull it out.

i also think that the halls db's will play a huge part in this game if they can contain smith powell is in for a long night but if they cant halls d might be in some trouble cause he is a legit tide end. and for d black he has no prob with his back that was a myth. and speaking of injuries how is codys ankle i have not herd anything since i talked to him last thursday. but all in all halls is the better team and they will win.

27-14

GO RED DEVILS

I know you didn't ask me but , o well B) ... Helton is very elusive and tough for his size , but Cody Watts is a high school version of Michael Vick when he's healthy . I think that both QB'S actually hurt their teams at times though by simply trying to do too much . As the QB , their main responsibility should be getting the ball spread around to several playmakers , not trying to do it all by themselves .

That is simply no true because i saw cody play against webb thsi year with no injuries and he had seven rushing yards. A high school version of vick? Give me a break

o man this game is going to be a dandy. although cody watts may be the best running qb in town lets not get carried away and say he is the michael vick of high school football that is not even fair to him.. not to mention we will see who is the best defensive end in this region when coxy shows mr. smith how to sack a qb. i think this one is close but it being in death valley i dont think the panthers can pull it out.

i also think that the halls db's will play a huge part in this game if they can contain smith powell is in for a long night but if they cant halls d might be in some trouble cause he is a legit tide end. and for d black he has no prob with his back that was a myth. and speaking of injuries how is codys ankle i have not herd anything since i talked to him last thursday. but all in all halls is the better team and they will win.

27-14

GO RED DEVILS

I have to agree with most everything you say. I had not heard much about Cox before the season. He looks incredible. The speed he has with the size he carries looks almost unnatural at this level. Could he be playing on Saturdays next year.

So many seniors on one team I sure adds to the their "team chemistry" but boy they do play well together.

And I don't see anyway that Powell loses to West or Clinton. It should be Maryville, Central with Halls and Powell being the 3 and 4 seeds depending on this game. I don't see Halls having a let down against Lenoir City or South Knox.

Well its finally here. IMO it never matters in this game who is better or who has the better record, its who plays with more heart. I havent seen much of Powell this year but it almost looks to me that they lack heart and chemistry and they have too many individuals and not a team. The one thing you can count on from Halls night in and night out is that they will play with alot of heart. Also i think if you stop Cody Watts than you can beat Powell, as shown in the Powell Vs. Webb game. Powell has some big boys up front that play both ways but i think they will get worn out by Halls' running game so look for big gains and some pressure on Watts late in the game due to tired lineman. I see Halls winning a close one. As always Go Big Red!

Halls-17

Powell-10

Edited by hhsbball12

That is simply no true because i saw cody play against webb thsi year with no injuries and he had seven rushing yards. A high school version of vick? Give me a break

Think what you want , i was comparing Watts with Helton , if Watts had more help on offense he would be lethal . he's very hard for one guy to tackle . I didn't say impossible against a good defense that pursues well . Give you a break ?? my bet is that you would break your ankles trying to tackle that young man .

Think what you want , i was comparing Watts with Helton , if Watts had more help on offense he would be lethal . he's very hard for one guy to tackle . I didn't say impossible against a good defense that pursues well . Give you a break ?? my bet is that you would break your ankles trying to tackle that young man .

Help? How about a kid thats getting a scholarship to UT. And an offensive line that was supposed to be All-State pre-season.

i also think that the halls db's will play a huge part in this game if they can contain smith powell is in for a long night but if they cant halls d might be in some trouble cause he is a legit tide end. and for d black he has no prob with his back that was a myth.

I agree about Smith he is the key man to contain besides Watts. Good to hear about D.Black will be available. I think everyone was worried when he came back from intermission without pads. He is having another great year. Cody Phibbs had a great game with some great tackles saving us from some long gainers and a little embarrasment.