McMinn -vs- Soddy Daisy

TribeFan

If Dobbs is #2 then he is a threat and the #1 option when SD is throwing the ball...I still believe McMInn has a chance to run the tables with the rest of the games that they have left and finish #4 in the region. I know it is a optimistic thought but if they can beat SD then they would have their fate in their own hands. Who knows but I have seen weirder things happen????

Dobbs is the QB #7, #2 is Atchley, he plays WR, he is their go to guy.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think this will be a good game......i think if our offense can keep improving like it has been we will be ok......i just talked to Dobbs and he said he was feeling ok and that he will be ready for the game Friday. as for our defense, we have been improving each week and hsould be ready to stop the running game of McMinn.

on another note....i believe soddy is the ONLY team to score an offensive touchdown on Red Bank this year. Austin East scored a defensive touchdown but not offensive and since the RB - Soddy game.....RB has shutout everyone.!!!

Ooltewah scored 5 of em on RB in scrimmage before season 1 by the JV i think score was 35-0

With everybody healthy for McMinn except Carr, they should have a great running game, they are hurting in the passing game with Carr out, he would have made a difference in the offense unit with the passing game, watch for the run. Go Cherokees

Hurting in the passing game? James didn't have a td pass this year while he played, Will got one in his 2nd game starting.They have been spreading the ball around a little better i think throwing the ball. Running is doing well, Trace has become a force with the ball, and has been playing great at linebacker. It will not be easy to run the ball on us with the 3 linebackers we have in Trace, Nigel and Wade. They had 13,12, and 11 tackles vs oak ridge in that order.

Hurting in the passing game? James didn't have a td pass this year while he played, Will got one in his 2nd game starting.They have been spreading the ball around a little better i think throwing the ball. Running is doing well, Trace has become a force with the ball, and has been playing great at linebacker. It will not be easy to run the ball on us with the 3 linebackers we have in Trace, Nigel and Wade. They had 13,12, and 11 tackles vs oak ridge in that order.

[/quoteJames did not have the line that Will has now. Also the coaches are calling different plays than they were. James was a good QB, he just did not have a chance. If you would watch other teams QB they had time to stay in the pocket. James had to run for his life. The QB is not what is making the team win 1 game, which will be all they will win maybe Bradley?? If you are going to point figure lets look at the coaching. I believe there will be a new coach at McMinn next year, the community is already talking. Get off of James back he is a good kid, I would not be kicking him in the back now, he is having a hard time knowing he is out for the year. When someone is down don't kick and step on him.

Nobody wants to see kids get hurt and not get to play. Soddy seems to have had more than their share of injuries this season. They really don't have the depth to replace those players with quality back-ups. I think Dobbs will be back I just don't know when. Maybe someone from Soddy will give an update on his status. They have at least 3-4 players who have been lost for the season.

McMinn is due for a goog quality win and I believe they might get that win this Friday night againist Soddy. The record of 1-5 is accurate but do not let that fool you because they are much better then their record, I predict the TRIBE wins their remaining games on their schedule and that would truly be a credit to the players and the coaching staff. Good luck Cherokees....

McMinn is due for a goog quality win and I believe they might get that win this Friday night againist Soddy. The record of 1-5 is accurate but do not let that fool you because they are much better then their record, I predict the TRIBE wins their remaining games on their schedule and that would truly be a credit to the players and the coaching staff. Good luck Cherokees....

McMinn is getting better every week. During the first half of the season they made a lot of mistakes, I believe the coaches have focused on those and have gotten better. McMinn has two starters out for the season. QB James Carr (having knee surgery this week for tore ligaments and to repair a bone in his knee that was shattered) and WR/DE Robert Moore (Knee surgery for ACL/MCL before the first ballgame), which both were quality players for the Cherokees. They also had alot of players hurt during the first half of season on the offense line (which was very weak) and defense backs. Now that everybody is healthy except for Carr and Moore , you should see a better team, watch out SD. Good luck Cherokees!!