Gallatin at John Overton

Gtowner

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Overton did an excellent job in the win over Gallatin. They had 0 turnovers on the night and converted all but 3 3rd downs on the night. The fake bubble screen was probably the play that let everyone know who came to play last night. I understand that we had all but 1 O-line starter on the sidelines but backups have got to step up. Overall I think it was a good lesson for Gallatin. Last year week 7 vs. McG. and this year vs. Overton two teams and games that were almost indentical in that both teams came into the game with a few non-region losses and Gallatin turned the ball over more than the average (3 per game this year). When we turned around we were already down and the momentum had made its way across the field. I can say that If Overton plays like this the rest of the season they may just win this region. Gallatin will have gut check at practice this week. When will we play without a turnover. 7 games into the season and we appear to be doing worse in this department.