Obion County...Playoff Bound?

rebel_oc

funny post above...

actually, the last 3 years dburg has had 3A numbers, but elected to "stay in 4A"..... and since 97, they won the 74A region championship 5 times and have been in the playoffs every year since 97.....

the only reason dburg elected to play in 3A was "financial"......the gate in 4A is no where near as good as 3A......

right now dburg is not even thinking about the rebels.....

mission #1 is winning the region championship next friday night.....

obion has a good team.......so, to help motivate the trojans i will make sure that your post is made available in the locker room, during week 9.........

ain't it funny how coacht just seems to keep cranking out locker room motivation posters....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny post above...

actually, the last 3 years dburg has had 3A numbers, but elected to "stay in 4A"..... and since 97, they won the 74A region championship 5 times and have been in the playoffs every year since 97.....

the only reason dburg elected to play in 3A was "financial"......the gate in 4A is no where near as good as 3A......

right now dburg is not even thinking about the rebels.....

mission #1 is winning the region championship next friday night.....

obion has a good team.......so, to help motivate the trojans i will make sure that your post is made available in the locker room, during week 9.........

ain't it funny how coacht just seems to keep cranking out locker room motivation posters....

Sorry, I just had to double check some of this information because it didn't sound correct to me. According to the TSSAA, these schools won the Region 7-4A championship during the following years:

1997 - Dyersburg

1998 - Jackson North Side

1999 - Dyersburg

2000 - Jackson North Side

2001 - Dyersburg

2002 - Haywood

2003 - Jackson Central Merry

2004 - Haywood

I only count 3 (not 5) championships for Dyersburg since 1997.

The enrollment figures were a little bit harder to find. However, the TSSAA lists Dyersburg's enrollment in 2002 as 1023 students, well within the 4A enrollment range of 961 - 1347 (2001-2005 classification period). I did not find TSSAA enrollment figures for 2003 and 2004, so I really can't prove your claim of playing up for those two years one way or the other.

I will agree with your statement that Dyersburg has been in the TSSAA play-offs every year since 1997.

I have nothing against Dyersburg. I just like to see acccurate information posted.

Good luck to the Trojans, as well as all of the other teams in Region 7-3A.

Sorry, I just had to double check some of this information because it didn't sound correct to me. According to the TSSAA, these schools won the Region 7-4A championship during the following years:

1997 - Dyersburg

1998 - Jackson North Side

1999 - Dyersburg

2000 - Jackson North Side

2001 - Dyersburg

2002 - Haywood

2003 - Jackson Central Merry

2004 - Haywood

I only count 3 (not 5) championships for Dyersburg since 1997.

The enrollment figures were a little bit harder to find. However, the TSSAA lists Dyersburg's enrollment in 2002 as 1023 students, well within the 4A enrollment range of 961 - 1347 (2001-2005 classification period). I did not find TSSAA enrollment figures for 2003 and 2004, so I really can't prove your claim of playing up for those two years one way or the other.

I will agree with your statement that Dyersburg has been in the TSSAA play-offs every year since 1997.

I have nothing against Dyersburg. I just like to see acccurate information posted.

Good luck to the Trojans, as well as all of the other teams in Region 7-3A.

97 region champs 13-1 simies

98 quarters 10-3

99region 10-1

2001 region

attendance classafies schools come on people look at the records late 90's threw threw2004 and see who won the most games in 4a. dyersburg is a force obion just grab some tissue and come on to town. you can take one like everyone else.

good post mg :huh: trojans need no motivation the region is thers and state is in sight

in the pre-season poll, obion cnty was picked near rock bottom......

here they are at week seven and they are 2-1 in the region.....

not bad..... and obion has the right to celebrate knocking off covington......why?, because they did and 5 other teams did not....

is obion a power house? maybe not, but any team can win on any given night.....and a team that believes it can win will win more games than a team that thinks "they are just average"......

i am a huge supporter of dyersburg.......i think they have the opportunity to have a great season..... as long as they stay focused and take one game at a time.....

i am sure that the coaches take every opponent serious.....i think the fans should too....

i had a preseason prediction, and i was pretty close.... at week seven, I say that this region will not be decided until week 9....

you know what is better than winning? winning and acting like you have one before; respecting your opponent; being humble and giving praise....to everyone, even your competetion....

mg...great post...Those of us here in OC saw all the pre-season tabs as to how the Rebels would finish last in the Region, and would basically be lucky to win a game. We did not believe that was true, and this Very gutsy bunch of young men have gone out and turned SOME heads. The Rebels are not a powerhouse, but what they are is a VERY solid football team, with ALOT of heart. As for Dyersburg, that will come up after this week, as first the Rebs have a date at Chester Co. Everyone with the team takes the season a week at a time. We as fans don't have to do that. I will say this, Dyersburg is a very good football team, we all know that. Week 9 will be a tall order for the Rebels, but I am sure we will show up to play. As for dcspeedy, or whatever it is, dude I realize that OC was not supposed to beat the great DC, but THEY DID. So I guess that the Rebs will not be at the bottom of the Region, looks like DC has that covered.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!

97 region champs 13-1 simies

98 quarters 10-3

99region 10-1

2001 region

attendance classafies schools come on people look at the records late 90's threw threw2004 and see who won the most games in 4a. dyersburg is a force obion just grab some tissue and come on to town. you can take one like everyone else.

good post mg :huh: trojans need no motivation the region is thers and state is in sight

Checking the regular season records for all of the Region 7-4A teams between 1997 and 2004 would be somewhat difficult. However, checking their playoff records is not any trouble at all.

TSSAA records indicate that Dyersburg does not have the best playoff record of the Region 7-4A teams during the 1997-2004 period. Hardin County has won 7 playoff games while losing 6. Dyersburg has won 6 while losing 8. Like Dyersburg, the Tigers have 1 quarterfinal and 1 semifinal appearance between '97 and '04.

If we add in the years 94 through 96 (still in 4A competition), Hardin County has won 7 and lost 9 playoff games. Dyersburg has won 6 and lost 8, and Haywood ends up with the best playoff record. The Tomcats won 13 and lost 10 while finishing second in the state in both 1994 and 1995.

You can check regular season records for 2001-2005 on Coach T. During those years, Hardin County had a record of 25 wins and 20 loses. Dyersburg had 26 wins and 19 loses, and Haywood had 26 wins and 20 loses. Dyersburg split with both Hardin County and Haywood between 2001 - 2005, winning 2 and losing 2.

Dyersburg has been (and still is) successful, and the Trojans are in the driver's seat to win the 2005 Region 7-3A championship. However, Dyersburg has not been a totally dominating force in Region 7-4A football during the late 90s through 2004 (especially 2000-2004).

Getting back on topic, Obion Central has a good football team and (like anyone else in the region) is capable of beating Dyersburg. The Rebels still have a very good chance of claiming one of the 4 playoff spots.

All 4 spots are up for grabs for 6 of the 7 teams - so good luck to the Chargers, Tigers, Trojans, Rebels, Cavaliers, and Tomcats. (I don't believe that Dyer County still has a chance of gaining one of the spots, but good luck to Coach Renshaw and his Choctaws during the remainder of the season.)

On second thought, why are we dwelling on all of this past stuff anyway? The Trojans can stand alone on what they have accomplished this year (undefeated and ranked number 1 in the state).

People can manipulate statistics to prove almost anything they want to prove!

Again, good luck to all of the Region 7-3A teams.

Edited by stacmot

i was off on the number of region wins.... for some reason i thought it was 5 (98 and 02...i got josh dyers soph and senior year mixed up)

but i am not incorrect regarding dburgs classification...

dburgs student enrollment has been at 930, every since the new dyer cnty high school opened.....that is no secret in dyersburg.... or dyer cnty..

dburg got into 900's around 2001-2002...

don't know why tssaa has "inaccurate" numbers....but several years ago the ad at dburg told me that the coaches wanted to stay in 4A....

during the last reclassification, it was a financial reason to go to 3A...

i was off on the number of region wins.... for some reason i thought it was 5 (98 and 02...i got josh dyers soph and senior year mixed up)

but i am not incorrect regarding dburgs classification...

dburgs student enrollment has been at 930, every since the new dyer cnty high school opened.....that is no secret in dyersburg.... or dyer cnty..

dburg got into 900's around 2001-2002...

don't know why tssaa has "inaccurate" numbers....but several years ago the ad at dburg told me that the coaches wanted to stay in 4A....

during the last reclassification, it was a financial reason to go to 3A...

I figured Dyersburg would have elected to stay in 4a since 3a is not giving them much competition

i hope that was a stab at some humor....cause that is how i took it...

i don't think there is a lot of difference in region 7AAA and region 7AAAA football....

basketball....well that is a different story....region 7AA is much tuffer top to bottom.....

Edited by mg