OAKLAND vs LEBANON

QuiKTiLDeF

Thanks TDC.........I know......I am a CRAZY man......and I suppose everyone is dying laughing at me being excited to win 2 games.....but they are REGION games!! And these are MY BOYSSSSS and we broke that DANGGGGGG CURSE tonight!

That's right. I had forgot about the voodoo hex Lebanon had been enjoying over Oakland. Congrats again.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

burris u tha man of the night. way 2 hit them holes and way 2 credit ur line. u was lookin good and the most important part is there aint no individuals only team. good win and breakin that jinx. now make it a w over smyrna next week.

heard the announcer was pumpin on griffith's name.

region u got that birthday win didnt u? :thumb:

Edited by olandpats

Now that I have settled down and caught my breath, I wanted to say a few more things about this game last night.

First of all, Lebanon..........I did not hear one single curse from your coaches all night. The ones on the pressbox last night on the OHS side were composed and CLASSY. Yes, I did say classy. When your kids got down, they fought back. I was really nervous in the 4th Q....it is always that way when we play you guys. Gaines is a stud, and I think your QB will be a good one. That fake and scamper he made was one of a senior. You are young like we are, and you will continue to get better, esp with the great freshmen class that you have right now. Good luck to all of you.

Oakland......I was impressed at what I saw last night. I was seeing excitement and I was seeing kids working together. The Offensive line played better last night than I think I have seen them all season. They played as a unit. Great solid blocks and holes wide enuff to send all your coaches thru. You made it easy for Burris, who will fight for every yard he can get. Bass, You came thru big boy! I saw receivers and ends throwing blocks for the backs......and man oh man....they were looking great....that means YOU big Blissard and YOu big Bragdon and YOU big Youree. That is called TEAMWORK working for a common cause! This is what we have to do. And when we turn it over, we FIGHT for it back like you did last night. NINETEEN first downs boys!! Those THIRD down conversions make ALL the difference. And when we weren't being as productive as we could passing, the running game took it ALLLLLLL over and made the plays. That is exactly what you have to do . I saw kids patting each other on the back and I saw EXCITEMENT and EMOTION.....

Defense......the score does NOT indicate how hard you played. Lebanon got a TOTAL of 8 first downs and they didn't get the FIRST one until the 2nd Q. You were watching....you were waiting...and you were reacting. And the result was sack after sack........and the tackles were coming from the line and LBs like they are supposed to. Youree , you stepped up HUGE on that INT where you THREW and SLUNG that kid back 5 yds. WOW...you are just a total package kid. King...you were in the QB;s face all night. This was your best game I think . I don't think I have seen you as excited as except when you INT'd BA !!Moose.....you have done an excellent job with this D...esp after losing Cord, Lil Mc , and PJ POlk to injuries in making adjustments and getting the right kids in the right place to make an impact. Coach Cowan.....you just keep these kids so motivated. What is great is that we have differrnt kids stepping up to take their place when kids get hurt. I was impressed with how NuNu played last night. He has the ability and has all along....just had to get the desire to prove himself and get rid of all the "distractions". NUNU......you can be a great one.....keep your head on the game and listen to the coaches....they actually KNOW what they are doing.

GOOD THINGS are ahead boys......I smell an UPSETTTTTTTT!

Edited by 2priceless

actually coach ferguson is from stevenson, alabama, where they really know how to play the game. stevenson and bridgeport merged into one school in 1988. that school is north jackson high school, and they are currently undefeated and ranked #3 in class 4a in the state. i have no doubt that alabama would love to have in back.

r rodney rogers was an assistant coach at stevenson, alabama; i am not sure if he worked under ken mckinney or phillip lolley or maybe both; rodney is a great coach who also worked with walter "moose" bouldin at franklin county and maybe at grundy county. rodney may have been coaching at north jacskon in stevenson when they took on franklin county for 5 straight years--north jackson took three of those games, but the big thing about that is that if north jackson were in tennessee, they would be classified as 2a, while franklin county is 5a. nuff said about how they play football in alabama. perhaps more evidence will be on display in tuscaloosa this saturday.