5 Rivers Conference

yellowjacket2

I said they could beat them. I didn't say they will. Boone has the potential to beat South, but potential isn't worth anything unless you execute. South and Mo. West will probably play in the Quarterfinals.

The point is these two regions top to bottom are average this year. However, I believe top to bottom year in and year out the Five Rivers Conference is a better conference.

Maroonandgray

As for Sevier County in 1995, I really dont consider them to be in Northeast Tennessee. They were a product of being in a messed up region based on re-classification.

Sevier County won in 1999 (not 1995). Explain how they were a product of a messed up region. First you say no team east of knoxville will ever win a championship and the facts show that is has only been a few 5 years or so that a team from east tn won it and then you say you don't really consider SC northeast tn even though they are east of knoxville....basically you are trying to say that no team east of oak ridge will win it correct? I remind you that it has been 14 years (1991) since the last OR state title

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mo. east might surprise you. I know every team must overcome injuries, but if, and it is a big if, they get healthy they can very well win out and finish 6-4. Their four losses have been to four pretty good football teams, and only the Carter game was a not close and they lost five or so starters during that game alone to injuries, which totally disrupted their game plan. Momentum is a funny thing and if they should win out they could surprise some people, after all you say West is the only team worth anything in the 5 rivers, but the canes 21-12 loss was not a blowout, and with a break here or there, healthy players, and a little momentum who knows what might happen.

East is 7-3..

G-Lee, do you like cornbread?