brentwood vs. ravenwood

kdawg1028

I dont consider myself a wishful thinker. I base my opinions on facts throughout the year. I am not a fan for one particular school but find myself cheering for Franklin due to their past history. I know this is off subject but Franklin seems to have one of the most talented and exciting soccer programs around TN. Nonetheless Brentwood lost to Franklin 4-0. Yes, Franklin had some great shots in that game and maybe Brentwood wasnt up to par at that time in the season. Ravenwood played Franklin last night and even though Franklin had many more shots on goal than Ravenwood, I believe Ravenwood to be a stronger team in general. Its not all about past games and the results of those games... if you look at the individual players on the field Ravenwood has got some talent. Brentwood is a young team and in a year or two they will be Williamson Counties power house. Ravenwood's, Jen St.Clair is a very strong and dominate player who takes control of the game. She is a leader on the field and her presense out there makes a big difference for her team. Ravenwood's goalkeeper though i dont know much about her seems to be very talented. I would like to know what year in high school she is. If she is a young player she will be very strong in the next year or two as well. All in all I say Brentwood is a good, young team but up against Ravenwood i think they have it beat. Both teams are extremely talented and it will be a great game to watch. I think Ravenwood wins with 1 or 2 points. I may be wrong and we will see soon enough. Dont go off on me saying i dont know what i am talking about because i am not a fan of either team and am going by results of other games. My opinion is my opinion and you may say what you wish but i will back up how i think this game is going to end. A W for the Ravenwood Lady Raptors.

Relax Rcola I'm not going to go off on you that's not my style. I respect your opinion and wanted to know what it was based upon. I do love a good well based difference of opinions though. Obviously Ravenwood played well against Franklin last night to only lose 1-0, but don't make the 1 game comparison your main point. The game should be a good one since the cross town rivalry between Brentwood and Ravenwood is always hard fought and many players play on t he same club teams.

I respectfully disagree with your pick though. I will say that I am biased, but here's my reasoning:

Yes Brentwood lost 4-0 to Franklin in a case of a young team playing "scared" in their first big rivalry game and paid the price for it

They came back however and played an Outstanding Cetennial team very very tough

BHS has beat the District 8 regular season Champion and runner-up, the district 7 Champion and runner-up, the district 10 champion, the district 9 champion and the combined scores of those games are 15 goals for BHS and 1 goal against. So I think strength of schedule favors Brentwood.

Also the fact that the game is at BHS is a factor in favor of BHS.

I pick Brentwood to win the game 3-1, for what my picks worth, but that's why they play em.

Having watched the entire game from behind the Ravenwood goal, taking pictures, I feel comfortable in saying that if not for #14 Hull for Ravenwood the score for Brentwood would have been at least two goals higher. Hailey single handedly stopped a dozen solid runs by the Brentwood mid field and forwards. Good game by both teams as #14 for Brentwood Kerstetter scored both goals and the Ravenwood goal keeper and Hull stopped many solid Brentwood chances. Good luck to both teams in the district tournament.