Crossing the line!

coachsmith81

To whom it may concern,

I want to begin by saying that I am sorry if I crossed the line and stepped on any toes with my comments regarding Antioch High School. I was only making an observation from what I have watched the last two years. I should not be worried about what is going on at the school I graduated from and love with all my heart. C/O 2000!! Play-off teams in 97' and 99'. But focus more on the job that I have at Ezell-Harding and making those guys the best they can be and working toward a possible region 5-2A title and play-off berth. I would like to say good luck to the Bears and stay storng through the hard times and stay together. Once an bear always a bear! I will be an Antioch kid till I leave this world.

Coach Smith

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh,

I feel the same way. It breaks my heart to see our alma mater squander so much athletic ability. There are coaches all over the midstate who would love to have that talent pool to draw from. Maybe one day you can be the guy to get that program on the right track. They've had top 5 talent the past three years and have not much but disappointment to show for it. The current coach over there is a big boy and he gets paid a stipend to hear concerns about his program. He does not deserve to be attacked personally, but his ability to take great talent and make them average is inmistakable. They ought to luck into 20 ppg just on raw athleticism. But he wants to line up in the I and run poor Preston until he can't physically take it anymore. I'd come over for free in the spring and teach some of the fundamentals of the passing game to the guy if he would ask. Heck, you can line up in 3 and 4 wide and still run it. Just get all of those guys out of the box and help your RB. Congrats on what is going on over on Bell Road with the Eagles program and keep up the good work. I'll be a LA (Lower Antioch for all you lames, LOL) boy forever too, but that don't mean we have to like what is going on over there.

Hey you Antioch guys, this is way off the subject but whatever happened to... I think his name is/was Tony Glover. He was an incredible talent in the mid '70's at running back. If you guys are too young to remember maybe someone else knows. It seems he went to a D-1 school but I can't remember because, well, it was the '70's....we were all dazed and confused. :)

Tony is one of my favorite people in the universe. He's still living in the Antioch area and is a fireman. His two older sons, Darryl and Derek are in college, and his baby boy David is in junior high. I was just a twinkle in my mom's eye then, but I have heard that Tony Glover was an absolute stud in High School. Heard that he and Larry Bryant broke a lot of people's will's in those days.

It was a matter of principals. No , that is not a missed spelled word. Coaching is hard enough without having to worry about administrative support. So I told them to take this job and shove it. I don't have to be a head coach to have fun coaching. Also, next year I plan on being a head coach again.

It was a matter of principals. No , that is not a missed spelled word. Coaching is hard enough without having to worry about administrative support. So I told them to take this job and shove it. I don't have to be a head coach to have fun coaching. Also, next year I plan on being a head coach again.

So what would you do differently than the current coaches and what is your opinion of the current staff?