DB girls soccer

maroon and grey

Seems Dobbyns Bennett has some contenders for the "Redneck Fan" award. My vote goes to the DB fan who got up out of his chair to start a fight with some Greeneville fans towards the end of the game.

Fact and moral is - there are jerks at every game - don't assume your people are saints.

Also - you had one starter out and we had one starter out - we were even tonight. No excuses please.

I thought I already proved this when I told my story about a DB/SH game 3 years ago when DB parents started cheering after one of their girls took a swing(she missed of course)at a SH player. It's always nice to have some backup in proving my points though. Anyways nice win Greeneville!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems Dobbyns Bennett has some contenders for the "Redneck Fan" award. My vote goes to the DB fan who got up out of his chair to start a fight with some Greeneville fans towards the end of the game.

Fact and moral is - there are jerks at every game - don't assume your people are saints.

Also - you had one starter out and we had one starter out - we were even tonight. No excuses please.

You won. Why talk smack? All you are doing is taking class away from the girls' victory.

I didn't see that happen, so I can't deny it or vouch for it. But you must have missed the two Greeneville guys sitting next to the DB fans, as well as the Greeneville guy running down the sidelines and yelling at the entire DB section.

Side note: we did have one starter out, and THREE playing injured. :thumb:

Good job Indians...it was a great season. Good luck the rest of the way Greeneville

Alright we got our butts handed to us. I admit that i was wrong in some of the things i said and i did not give greenville the respect it deserved. Good job greenville and good luck beating SLAW HILL.

Your comments are appreciated. The match was well played (very physical) by both teams. Greeneville seemed to dominate possession and DB didn't have many looks at goal. I'll be interested to see how many shots each team took.

I spoke with the Karst sisters' mom after the match and she said Daine played with a fracture in her lower leg. She was still a load for the Greeneville defense. Hats off to Daine Karst for laying it on the line. She's fun to watch.

As far as the comments about the fans, etc. Both student sections were rowdy but not out of control. It's a shame that one fan (or parent) from DB had to act like a goon. Good job to the other DB parent who made him sit down. Enough said.

I didn't see that happen, so I can't deny it or vouch for it. But you must have missed the two Greeneville guys sitting next to the DB fans, as well as the Greeneville guy running down the sidelines and yelling at the entire DB section.

Side note: we did have one starter out, and THREE playing injured. :thumb:

Good job Indians...it was a great season. Good luck the rest of the way Greeneville

Injuries are part of the game. Several of G'ville's girls are banged up. Patience Leonard for G'ville is playing with a bad hamstring. It's late in the season. These things happen.

Actually, they can never beat DB. Also, when was the last time they did...?

:thumb:

Uhmm.....tonight!! 3-0. Without Meade their team is definitely having to work harder, but Duncan, Leonard and Hadjopolous had an outstanding game. Their backfield continued to shut-out every attacker that came their way. But, DB had roster issues too. The red card, ACL problems, etc.. were factors. Tough Break for a great team.

:( It looks like Greeneville girls finally got all their players on the same page. They played an awsome game defensively and offensively the entire 80 minutes. Being that Greeneville had been trash talked about in the past, tonight they showed what a team effort could do to come out on top with a 3 - 0 win against DB. Good luck to Greeneville in the upcoming games!