DB girls soccer

maroon and grey

Here we go again..DB players and parents crying foul. Look you all got beat fair and square by a better Science Hill squad. You can talk all you want but it doesn't change the outcome on the field. Don't forget that SH plays with a handful of sophmores. These girls are only going to get better. And "Redneck fans"? I remember going to a game 3 years ago and seeing the DB parents cheer after a DB player tried to punch a player from SH. I remember thinking what an embarrassment it was for DB. McCloskey is an embarrassment. Everytime his girls lose he makes up excuses. He can't just say "We got beat" and then shut his mouth. It's always nice to see a DB alum, SH's Coach Smelser turn his back on his old school. The man loves being a Topper coach and loves kicking his former school's tail.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one's complaining. Just looking forward to the match next week.

i know that most coachs print this stuff out and show it to their players for motivation no wonder the game was physical all anyone whats to do is talk smack instead playing soccer

Edited by mjuhb

i know that most coachs print this stuff out and show it to their players for motivation no wonder the game was physical all anyone whats to do is talk smack instead playing soccer

I would tend to agree with mjuhb... this stuff is great pre-game reading for Greeneville and the other teams. I think you are trying to support your team, but I don't think you realize that you are not doing them much of a favor. Just my thoughts on it...

That's about as realistic as it can be. Slaw Hill will get beasted by Dobyns-Bennett in the Regional finals, bud.

I would like to thank you for freeing up my Tuesday evening since it seems from all the DB posts DB has beaten Greeneville and wil be playing Science Hill on Thursday.

Forward Darah Karst was red-carded. She was yellow-carded in the first half and the second half received a second yellow. The second card came when she was tripped and both the girls fell. DB was awarded a free kick, but both girls got into a little extra activity, and only the DB player carded.

A trend? In its last 7 games, DB has played 5 teams ranked in the top 10. Congratulations to Science Hill in beating powerhouse teams such as South, Central, and Boone in it's last few games.

Sir/Mamm, That is exactly why all the hoopla over the initial intent of this post by an apparent DB fan ("I'm calling it now, DB is going to States"). AS soon as your schedule pitted you against the very teams you need to best to get there, you didn't get it done. DB is a very good team but seems to have some very arrogent supporters to make such bold statements in light of the most recent results and by the bold assumptions posted in this thread concerning beating Science Hill and Greeneville. You really are inflamming the passions of the ladies on both of these teams who I can assure you are on CoachT.

I would like to thank you for freeing up my Tuesday evening since it seems from all the DB posts DB has beaten Greeneville and wil be playing Science Hill on Thursday.

DB's coach evidently doesn't realize they play Greenville on Tuesday based upon his comments in the Times-News. Pure bulletin board stuff.

All in all, it doesn't appear as though DB's early season schedule is helping them at this point in the season. Maybe DB's coach should have worried more about preparation for the 2nd season (the districts, etc.) then DB's won-loss record and its suspicious ranking in the eurosport poll.

The paper stated that the girl who was red-carded received a straight red card and not a second yellow - as a previous poster indicated. If she was given a straight red, she is out for a game. Am I correct ? Also, what is DB's injury situation?

It's my understanding (someone correct me if I'm wrong) If the ref held up a red card on the 2nd infraction instead of a 2nd yellow card she is out for the next game. If the ref held up a 2nd yellow and then a red she is only out for the remainder of that game. It needs to be clairified before playing the next game.