I thought I would start a thread where we can discuss some of the offseason things going on around the league!

First, I was wondering what everyone thought about all the big names that Jim Leyland brought to Detroit to help coach? Lloyd McClendon bullpen coach, Gene Lamont third base coach, Don Slaught hitting coach, Rafael Belliard infield coach and Andy Van Slyke first base, outfield and baserunning coach.

Will Jim Tracey make a difference in Pittsburgh?

Here are a list of some of the unrestricted FA, where would they fit in or will they even leave? Johnny Damon, Paul Konerko, Hideki Matsui, Danny Baez, Kenny Rogers, Shawn Estes, Rafael Furcal, Nomar Garciaparra, AJ Burnett, Brad Ausmus, Roger Clemens, Mike Piazza, Kenny Lofton, Ugueth Urbina, Billy Wagner, Matt Morris, Reggie Sanders, Larry Walker, Brian Giles, Ramon Hernendez, JT Snow, Randy Winn, Preston Wilson, etc!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I would start a thread where we can discuss some of the offseason things going on around the league!

First, I was wondering what everyone thought about all the big names that Jim Leyland brought to Detroit to help coach? Lloyd McClendon bullpen coach, Gene Lamont third base coach, Don Slaught hitting coach, Rafael Belliard infield coach and Andy Van Slyke first base, outfield and baserunning coach.

Will Jim Tracey make a difference in Pittsburgh?

Here are a list of some of the unrestricted FA, where would they fit in or will they even leave? Johnny Damon, Paul Konerko, Hideki Matsui, Danny Baez, Kenny Rogers, Shawn Estes, Rafael Furcal, Nomar Garciaparra, AJ Burnett, Brad Ausmus, Roger Clemens, Mike Piazza, Kenny Lofton, Ugueth Urbina, Billy Wagner, Matt Morris, Reggie Sanders, Larry Walker, Brian Giles, Ramon Hernendez, JT Snow, Randy Winn, Preston Wilson, etc!

Reggie probably going to stay with Cards, finally found a home Walker probably to retire, not sure about Morris. cardinals probably be looking for another OF

Pirates can get better, but just can't afford to get too good. Detroit is another story, they may not be that far off.

Cashman may be out in NY, who's going to want that job?

Morris and Sanders will stay with the cards. They have got the money to pick up the other outfielder without losing anybody. Larry Walker will retire at seasons end, so that provides the Cards with an extra $12.5 million a year to spend on somebody like.....Johnny Damon?......Hideki Matsui?........just to name a couple.

But for now, the Cards are still playing, so they aren't even thinking about the off-season.

Morris and Sanders will stay with the cards. They have got the money to pick up the other outfielder without losing anybody. Larry Walker will retire at seasons end, so that provides the Cards with an extra $12.5 million a year to spend on somebody like.....Johnny Damon?......Hideki Matsui?........just to name a couple.

But for now, the Cards are still playing, so they aren't even thinking about the off-season.

I could see the Cards going more after an OF like Randy Winn!

why would the Cardinals wanna sign another center fielder when they already have one of the best in the game?

theres not really alot of big name superstars out there this year. i figure Konerko and Matsui, the 2 best power hitters available, will stay where they're at. Johnny Damon, AJ Burnett, and Rafael Furcal will probably be some of the biggest names switching teams. i bet alot of teams will be after Billy Wagner too(Theo Epstein, you better be one of them)