franklin vs. brentwood

ibreakthelaw19

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an outstanding game and very fun to watch from a spectators point of view. Obviously, as a Brentwood fan I enjoyed it more. Got to give some props to Franklin though, the team worked hard all night and played very well. It was just a good back and forth game with momentum constantly shifting.

Brentwood took the initiative early and put a goal in at about the 10 min. mark that was called back. No-one was really sure of what the call was, initially it was thought to be an incorrect offside call, then it was thought to have been a handball call , then I uwhen a Brentwood forward was pushed in the back and fell into the ball, then it was thought to be some sort of phatom foul call, I understand that the ref said it was a foul. Who knows it was a phantom regardless.

Brentwood freshman Emily Bowen scored the winning goal in the 77th min. off of a beautiful ball from Keri Kersteter, that was played right down the center of the field. Other than the first 10 min. of the game the Franklin defense denied very many quality scoring opportunities and the Brentwood defense allowed only 1 quality opportunity for Franklin, when a wing player broke free in front of the net and missed the shot. Franklin's only other opportunities were Kasey Horner shots from 25-30 yards out.

Brentwood starts 4 freshmen, 4 sophmores and only 1 senior, the first 3 players off the bench are 2 sophmores and 1 freshman. I think everyone will see plenty of this team for the next few years.

well i must say. it is quite strange not watching franklin play in state, or even, regions for that matter. But , these girls have shown a lot of class about it. And personally, in my mind, if they had been in any other district, they would have gone on. No question. Congrats girls on a great season, and you all must have had the hardest district around! Keep your heads high!!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recent Posts

• After that first paragraph, I can see why you’re a TA and not a teacher. Have you made the move from South Knoxville to Bearden yet?    Maybe he left because he is an actual teacher and coach, and didn’t want to be associated with a group of foul mouthed middle school coaches who like to pretend they’re big time. 
    • Yeah and the coach is gone. Whole bizarre situation here. We played them a couple of times at MTSU last few years. She was a player for sure. 
    • This whole situation is bonkers. You don’t just kick your star player off the team just because you heard them say the F word; the coach definitely had something against the player, or somebody definitely did. Also, nobody has brought up the idea that the school blackmailed the college to get the college to withdraw the scholarship offer, not to mention that the coach who kicked her off is no longer even with the program; they were fired. I think this is a pretty easy lawsuit. I don’t know if she should deserve that much money, but I think she should get enough money for a full-ride scholarship if she cannot get one after this situation.
    • Oh yeah, I’m sure you are different people just always on the same thread for some reason, always agreeing with each other, perhaps just a bunch of dorks who would like to ###### and moan about high school football coaches do a lot of other students, so you make a football team and get a yell at them. When they do something wrong, but I’m sure you don’t like that, do you?   and I’m sure I’m aware of where you get information. A teacher who was on the coaching staff but was fired after the new coaching and staff came in and realized he actually had to start taking his assistant job a little bit more seriously than just wanting to make a little extra cash on the side, hardly even showing up to most practices, should’ve left with his buddy to go to Farragut. I’m sure he could get him a defensive coaching job, but I doubt he will be there in three years. Looking at the way Farragut is currently going.
    • It may be hard to believe but there’s more people than me that think you guys are a bunch of losers.    I’m sure the coaching staff, yourself included, cursed at a bunch of high school students. Nobody could name more than 3 coaches on staff due to the constant turnover.