Golden Tate or JP2, Which is harder to stop

irishballer87

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think that JP2 would be succesful without Golden Tate. As Knoxville Webb's head coach said, if they take the ball away from Golden, Jp2 is beatable. Saying this, hasn't Webb beaten Jp2 almost every time.

Webb lost last year to JPII in the reg season and then beat them in the playoffs.

I think that any good coach builds around what he has. I think Jeff brothers is a good coach. He will figure out a way to build around his teams strengths. Right Now Tate is a big part of the plan. He knows Tate will only be around 1 more year and I dont think JPII will drop off the face of the earth when he does.

Here is why JPII will remain a force in what ever division they play.

Jeff Brother Bio...

Brothers began his coaching career at Brentwood Academy and in 1996 became Assistant Head football coach at Christ Presbyterian Academy. His team won the state football championship in 2000 with a 15-0 record. In four years at the school, Brothers had eight players signing Division I scholarships, while four were Mr. Football nominees and two were winners of that award.

Dhack

Impressive Bio. Sounds like a great coach.

Ole Dad

Webb lost last year to JPII in the reg season and then beat them in the playoffs.

I think that any good coach builds around what he has. I think Jeff brothers is a good coach. He will figure out a way to build around his teams strengths. Right Now Tate is a big part of the plan. He knows Tate will only be around 1 more year and I dont think JPII will drop off the face of the earth when he does.

Here is why JPII will remain a force in what ever division they play.

Jeff Brother Bio...

Brothers began his coaching career at Brentwood Academy and in 1996 became Assistant Head football coach at Christ Presbyterian Academy. His team won the state football championship in 2000 with a 15-0 record. In four years at the school, Brothers had eight players signing Division I scholarships, while four were Mr. Football nominees and two were winners of that award.

Dhack

Golden Tate is harder to stop. He is a great player, a true play maker. But to say he will make it to Notre Dame or any out -of-Tennessee college on football scholarship is a little farfetched. I can definitely see this kid at UT Knox, but thats his limit. But he if does go there, UT will be good again :thumb:

Jeff and JP2 will remain strong. There is another golden tate coming to JP2 and is only in 7th grade. You can only see him in a certain youth organization in nashville. He does not play for the catholic school system. He is faster and larger. He has the same vision for the ball as golden, a true play maker. They will never play togeather because Golden will graduate before he is a freshman. Maybe you can be at the right youth football game somewhere in nashville on saturday and see him. You would enjoy watching him on both sides of the ball. All people say is a man playing with boys. People that know of him come on every saturday just to see him play. Nice future talent.

DII

I have a hard time believeing he is another Golden. It's hard to gage talent when you're 12 or 13. Maybe so, but platers like Golden are few and far between around here.

yes they are hard to guage. Golden played for st. joseph his 8th grade year. This child attends the same school but chooses to battle with the inter city of nashville than with the catholic 7-8 grade. The talent pool is better outside and the competition is better as well. Jeff knows who he is. They have spoken on serveral occasions. The inner city championships are being held at JP2 on nov. 12. He will play on the upper field if anyone desires to watch him. (game time unknow) He will have a red uniform and his number is 40.

his last game with inner city will be a bowl game against smyrna at davidson academy on nov 19th (approx. game time 6 pm). after that he is ready to battle at a higher level. hope you get a chance to see him. a player like 40 only comes along every now and then just like golden.

Division II, you a Pope supporter? I graduated last year.

very much so. We are catholic and have followed jp2 since inception. Jeff is doing a great job and adding Billy to the coaching staff was a great plus. The more BA boys togeather the better battling spirit they will have. Golden is play maker with no question. I just know that jeff knows more is coming real soon. The schedule he has prepared for the next 5 years clearly shows that jeff knows what he has down the pike.

DII

Golden Tate is harder to stop. He is a great player, a true play maker. But to say he will make it to Notre Dame or any out -of-Tennessee college on football scholarship is a little farfetched. I can definitely see this kid at UT Knox, but thats his limit. But he if does go there, UT will be good again :lol:

JPII is just another good team without Golden Tate, and with three losses on their season already, I don't see that they are anywhere near the likes of Riverdale phenom status for their division. Yes Golden Tate is fast, but so are many other kids in the Tennessee high school football. His name catches the ear, and his attitude catches the eye, and that's not always a good thing. JPII tries hard to sell his stats to the media as a future big draft choice. Maybe he'll make it. But I agree, it will probably be UTK or the like.

Edited by SuperBowlDream

Thats great to hear you support the program. I played everything on the line and was captain my junior year. I might see ya at the bowl game at DA...i wanna check this kid out.

Good to meet you. If you see him, you would feel good about the next 4-5 years anyway pending no injuries of course. The thing that is great about this young man is that he gets the church he needs daily and brings it to the field on saturday. He is true leader and all teamates including other teams respect him greatly not only for his athletic ability but for his attitude on and off the field.

prediction : jp to finish strong. go on road 1st round and win, get a 2nd round at home and then who knows after that. I feel good about making it to the second round at least.

good luck knights