Golden Tate or JP2, Which is harder to stop

irishballer87

Golden will be able to go wherever he wants to go. He is a super athlete and a great kid. I hope to see him play football, but he'll probably get some kind of baseball offer. I would love to see him go to BIG ORANGE COUNTRY and play football, but that will be his decision. I'm confused about all the posts that say he might could go to UT, but not anywhere major such as Notre Dame. Untill this year, ND has been on the Schny. UT consistantly finishes in the top 20 in the country and send as many guys to the NFL as any other program. There is always 107,000+ at Neyland. What would be so bad about that? Anyway, where ever he ends up, it will be a major D1 school if not the Majors.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golden Tate is a good player...The funny thing about wins and losses is that there is always another coming down the pike. You can't pin all the losses that JP2 has had this year on Golden just like you can't give him all the credit for the victories. Golden actually performed well against ECS and MBA...Webb was the only team to stop him really.

I think for many catholic students Notre Dame is the pinnacle of Universities however University of Tennessee has consistently been better over the last 10 years in football. I think Charlie Weiss is already changing that but really Golden can play anywhere he wants. He is a top class athlete and person. Let's move on.

Tate will end up in the SEC or ACC no doubt. It would be a shame to see Fulmer get his hands on him though....it seems he brings all the talent in the world to Knoxville and gets nothing out of it except a littany of police reports. I am a diehard D2 football fan and it's players like Tate that make D2 what it is. Put him at slot receiver/wing back/dback at ANY school in the state against ANY school in the state and he would make plays. I saw Tate play every Saturday in 8th grade and he was clearly among the top three players in the parochial league.

I'm sure Urban Meyer will be looking into his services, that system would be a nice fit for his style. What position does Tate play for Coach Popovich's baseball team over at JP2? He was a treat to watch when he got on base last year, very Kenny Lofton-esque.