Smith County @ Livingston Academy

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Levi Holt or Carwile probally. Yeah,and about 12 others!! Better get it together this years guys. Looks like a rebuilding year next year!

Rebuilding years can be a little better than you think. Look at SC, they lost 18 seniors last year.

OldCatFan, I think you will agree with me. When LA was running all over teams with that same option offense, no one was saying a word about the offense. Maybe what you are trying to say is, they need to execute better.

Rebuilding years can be a little better than you think. Look at SC, they lost 18 seniors last year.

OldCatFan, I think you will agree with me. When LA was running all over teams with that same option offense, no one was saying a word about the offense. Maybe what you are trying to say is, they need to execute better.

An option offense is a high reward...high risk...offense. If you don't put it on the ground...it is very effective. That is the risk you take...though.

it is not a true option, i wouldn't say execute better either, i would say hold onto the football. and have faith in your passing game

i agree with you 100%

Thank you!! I'd say a lot of LA fans are feeling this way!! Especially if they saw this game where everything but the option worked!! We cannot run the option this often on Jimmy Maynord or any other well coached team with good athletes. Gotta say it works great on slow teams though.

Thank you!! I'd say a lot of LA fans are feeling this way!! Especially if they saw this game where everything but the option worked!! We cannot run the option this often on Jimmy Maynord or any other well coached team with good athletes. Gotta say it works great on slow teams though.

i would like to see just a little bit more variety, i know we have the personel to run other plays.

An off tackle play with that Monster #9 clearing the path for #22 seems it would be dreadful for a defense. I'm Glad SC didn't have to see it!!! :thumb:

Or an off tackle play to #9 with #22 leading the way could be better.

I know what you are saying OldCatFan and LA Wildcat.

Turnovers hurt LA tonight which was the difference in the ballgame.

I never remember saying that but I admit I did think LA would win by at least 2 tds. It appears obvious that Smith County has greatly improved since the beginning of the season when I seen them play Trousdale and York.

Here ya go. :thumb: Your post after the YAI game.

WoW. I expected much more out of Smith County in this game. I figured that they would come out and play really tough this game. You guys need to pick it up or you may lose the upcoming games against Macon and Westmoreland. Livingston Academy is gonna be ugly you may as well forfeit that game.

or how about this one.

I am from Trousdale County but know alot of people from Smith County. I watched all there games from 2003 and 2004 because my fiance was in the band. I seen them play Trousdale this year. I will tell you that last year they had an awesome football team and Smith County has every reason to be proud. However they lost something like 15-20 Seniors alot of which were starters. The biggest thing was losing QB Dusty Brady and RB Michael Wilmore who carried that offense.

It kinda bugged me during the summer how alot of people from Smith County thought they weren't gonna have any drop off. When you lose that much it takes awhile to get back on track. They got blown out by Knoxville Catholic and said it was the heat. They got destroyed by Trousdale County 41-7 and said it was because a fumble in the first half.... blaming a 34-point loss on a fumble. Then last week they beat 1-3 York Institute by 3 points.

They are having a bad year and I feel bad for talking down about them because its a very good football program and they will turn it around just not this year. With that said I think they will lose to Macon County and further down the schedule to Westmoreland in somewhat close games. But towards the end of the year they play Livingston Academy and that will be another 30-40 point loss.

Edited by Antwan

Or an off tackle play to #9 with #22 leading the way could be better.

I know what you are saying OldCatFan and LA Wildcat.

Turnovers hurt LA tonight which was the difference in the ballgame.

NOW YOU ARE TALKING!!! I've always thought you put your fastest runner at tailback!!!