Huntingdon Vs. Usj

mustangman_123

I just wanted to send my best wishes to the USJ family. (and Liberty) I know a lot of those kids that were on the bus and I know it`s been a very scary ordeal to go through. My daughter was on the Madison/JCM bus and I`m so thankful she is safe. My son was on the late football bus.you just never know when tragedy may hit and thank goodness for the outcome because this could have been REALLY tragic. From my understanding the bus was not far from going over a cliff. If that had happened, I doubt seriously that this game would have been played, because there would be a lot of kids getting buried this week. Anyways..I`m so glad everyone is gonna be ok and hope the next time any of us take a football game a little too serious that we just remember it`s all for fun.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a Mustang fan I think I can speak for us and say we're also thankful all those kids are alright. I look for a good game this Friday night. Hopefully the weather will be tolerable at game time.

I think most the posts on here have been good natured kidding. I truly think the Mustangs will be hard to beat this Friday night and I realize the Bruins will soon have a team that will compete in 7-AA.

I looked back to see where we played Old Hickory Academy in the 70's but have never played USJ. We want to welcome you to historic Paul Ward Stadium and hope the drive to Huntingdon and back home will be safe. See ya'll at the "Corral."

Go Mustangs....

Being a Mustang fan I think I can speak for us and say we're also thankful all those kids are alright. I look for a good game this Friday night. Hopefully the weather will be tolerable at game time.

I think most the posts on here have been good natured kidding. I truly think the Mustangs will be hard to beat this Friday night and I realize the Bruins will soon have a team that will compete in 7-AA.

I looked back to see where we played Old Hickory Academy in the 70's but have never played USJ. We want to welcome you to historic Paul Ward Stadium and hope the drive to Huntingdon and back home will be safe. See ya'll at the "Corral."

Go Mustangs....

Good Post, Mr. Mustang. Personnally, I don't think it will be too good of a game. Huntingdon will and should dominate on both sides of the ball. Coach Marley won't let the kids quit, but the talent level is very thin this year. Let's just hope everyone makes it out of this game without any major injuries, especially for H'town's playoff run. Good luck Friday nite.

Go Mustangs....

good post!! Mr. Mustang, you are so hard core about football! glad you mellowed out a little. Dont get soft though the playoffs are just around the corner. We need your crazy enthusiasm. Tell this bunch how proud you are them.

Puts everything in perspective. It really is just a game. Still cant figure out why I get so nervous on Fri afternoon. Just part of the deal. Anyway, you USJ folks come on up and enjoy a nite a Paul Ward Stadium. We will try to be accomodating and hope no player on either side gets hurt.

We are glad nobody at your school got hurt too awful bad in that accident. I dont care where they go to school.

Mr. Mustang, are you ready for the playoffs???

Good luck too all who compete!!!!

Truth out,

GO STANGS

: :P:P

Edited by truth225

Mr. Mustang, hope to see ya at the game Friday. I'll be comming up after I get off work at 3. I can't wait until playoffs get here. Just 2 more weeks.

Buck.. Look me up. I'm sure you'll see several of the "Great Ones" at the game. Don't you wish you could still dress out and run out on the field as "The Horse" is played with Mansfield and crew?

Steady boys.. Steady..... :P

I wish the Mustangs and the Coaching staff the very best for tomorrow night. I believe the Coaches will work very hard to keep the players' heads in the game and not start that freelance mess again. I hope the lesson was learned at GC. The defense is very capable both first and second strings to gain a scoreless game for themselves. Drew Hayes as a senior is better than anyone else we have played as far as a throwing QB. I believe the passing game for USJ can be completely shut down just like McKenzie's was. I don't think the USJ running game will have much success running outside against our outside LBs. Cedric, Tony, and Logan will clog the middle. And the Williams brothers will be tough. The only thing to truly stop the Mustangs offense will be the Mustang offense. The next three weeks are critical to hone the skills and work on game time technique. I believe we will see a Mustang team continue to improve on THEIR GAME over the next 3 weeks and we will be prepared to continue into the playoffs through week 15. Weeks 2-5 will be tough and even non-existent if the Mustangs don't play the game the Coaches have taught and prepared them to play.

I BELIEVE

I still can`t understand all this hostility from the other region teams towards USJ. They haven`t even been really playing any of these other teams in this region but yet you`d think USJ has been kicking Milan`s, Westviews, Huntingdon`s, Gibson County`s butt forever. (well they have been kicking the pioneers butt)

A lot of you folks (not all for sure) are just showing your ignorance when you come on here and post negative things about Marley. He`s probably the best coach in this region if any of you had the smarts and guts to admit it. He takes a bunch of undersized kids and teaches them to play fundamental football. Do kids go to USJ to play sports?...Yes, but I can`t tell you how many times I`ve heard USJ parent`s say the reason is that they`ll have a better chance of getting to play rather than going to a school like JCM. A lot of these guys are just average players who just want to enjoy high school be able to play, but Marley is the one who teaches them how to play. He doesn`t have a Chris Donald now does he? Nor does he have a Markei Guy. Who does Marley have this year???? He has a superstar baseball player in Lyles who is a good athlete and 2 young sophomore QB`s who are still pretty green. And you folks are just estatic that you can beat USJ!!!! To be honest it doesn`t say much about some of the fans of your schools.

As much as I was so happy for Gibson County last year breaking their losing streak, I must say that I`m equally glad that they got punked by a weak USJ team. The Pioneers gave USJ no respect at all and got beat. I`m not saying USJ will be as good as Huntingdon has been the last few years, but each of you has your time coming when you ARE gonna get beat by a USJ team. And when you do you`ll know you have been beat by a team of average type players who have been coached very well in technique and the basics of football.

Sorry to all the knowledgeable posters here especially the folks from Milan who are pretty sensible football fans. But it just speaks volumes about folks who want to get on here and bad mouth the kids from USJ and their program.

Will Huntingdon win this game?? Most more than likely yes. Will they win this game in a few years??? I doubt it.