Whats Goin On With The Play Calling And Offense At Union City

u-nv-me

Will he win in the playoffs against tough teams though? U shouldnt be happy when u beat Lake Count, Mckenzie, South Fulton, Bruceton, West Carrol, Gleason, and Greenfield. My goodness even whit Drew Hayes Mckenzie is a pust over. Come on UC think my friends.

A UC berth into the state championship game evidently proves you do not realize what goes on day to day when coaching a successful team...from scouting, preparation, practice and execution.

Coaching a team in any sport to a state championship game is a great deal of hard work. Until you've done it, zip it.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows who sportsradio is, and he always has positive, constructive comments. I use my name as my username, and I coach at Trenton, so there is no mystery to who I am.

Who is u-nv-me? Are you a player? Are you a parent? Are you a person who just comes and watches the games?

Sportsradio is right. A very large percentage of the population hasn't a clue as to what it takes to scout, plan, prepare, and carry out a game plan. I hear all of the time the phrase "quit running the same play." People think because you give it to the same person, and he runs to the same side of the center, that it is the same play. What you obviously do not understand, u-nv-me, is that there are a multiple of variables in each play. Perhaps a lineman is pulling to influence a linebacker. Perhaps motion is utilized to cause a shift in the secondary and hence "open" up a side. Perhaps a coach runs a play two or three times in a row to set up something else. Also, the holes are, before the play usually only two to three feet apart, and close quickly after the snap. A play may start with the intention of going to the six hole and end up in the two or eight, therefore making it look like a play that was just run. There is just so much that goes into it that you do not understand.

u-nv-me is apparently a misnomer (Webster will help you with that one)

Finally - the Union City Tornadoes are going to play for a state championship. Congratulations to Fishel, his staff, and all of the players for undertaking and achieving greatly.