How Will The Artificial Turf At Finely Stadium Affect The Games?

champions5

Have the AAA teams and the others who make the finals thought about how the artificial turf will affect their teams? The surface will be very fast. Can the girls wear the regular spikes or do they need turf shoes? It will definitely provide for a much better match compared to the rough bumpy field of last year.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The turf does smell, especially in the heat.

It plays much like grass. I believe the football players wear regular cleats. It is not a carpet it is the grass like turf.

I think it is going to be awesome. I think they are planning to have some practice time on the turf before the championships on Saturday.

Class AAA will be playing quarterfinals, semis and championship there.

UTC soccer doesnt play on it.....I think it will be a big adjustment. Personally I think it would have been better to have had it somewhere else....where the girls are use to the field. ;)

I believe that most of the girls who make it to state have played on similar surfaces while playing indoor soccer. They may not love it but it is a much better alternative than the field used for AAA last year. Two questions since I have never seen the field, is there a crown and how wide is the field? If it is a football field it may be narrow and take away the speed advantage of some of the teams.

Edited by tide84

There is no crown. Not sure on the width but it has alot of room on the sides. It shouldn't be any different than last year. They actually have a yellow line on the sides for soccer already. It is a permanent line.

This is not what girls play on for indoor. It is not a carpet. It is very similar to real grass.

I really don't think people will see a major difference. It will be interesting to see what people think.