Top Prospects/recruited Players In Class 1a

moc3balla

Possum we return some quality skill players but have to replace some quality lineman. We must replace two college signees in John Lemonds (FB/DE) and Josh Leinweber (G/DE). We still have Kevin, All-State last year along with our QB Brandon Springer who is a two time All-State selection and has had back to back 1,000 yard seasons rushing. He has started at QB every game in his HS career. All in all we return 6 starters on offense and 7 on Defense. If we have some young guys step up and we stay healthy we should have another good year.

YES I think Lake Coutny football will be fine as long as Coach Barger keeps the players pumping the iron in the off season and conditoning them. I know for a fact that some young players are ready to step up and fill the postions of those seniors that were lost!! Some was ready last year. So get ready the Lake County Falcons will be flying high after the regular season is over!!

Edited by lakecounty7

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crow, what is your problem? I saw Springer play and I also saw UC in the state championship game. There were no better players on UC's team than Springer. UC had an outstanding OL but for pure athleticism there was no one close. You need to take your negativity elsewhere before it bites you in the butt.

Just telling it like it is. I can't remember but i don't guess Springer played defense against Union City. Cause if he did, Coleman ran all over him. Springer is good agaisnt the "slaw" single A teams. Since Lake County will schedule no one but "slaw" single A teams for non region games, Springer has good stats. Let's be serious, who did Lake County play that had a strong defense? Union City pretty much choked him out. I would like to see him play against Milan or Huntingdon.

As for Lake county in the region next year, I do see them fighting it out with Union City.

But we're getting of subject, I you say he is a college prospect, then I guess I don't have any proof that he isn't.

crow remember it takes 11 on both sides of the ball.We did not have to change classification to become winners! :thumb: Remeber earlier I said if you don't believe me wait till signing day. Well on signing day the only two prospects that were seniors were Lemonds and Leinweber,both signed with Bethel. I saw where John Graham from UC signed also, let me be the first to say congrats. to finish Brandon is a great player, great student, 3.3 GPA and 8th in his class academically, but most important he is a great young man. I will say it again on Kevin and Brandon if you don't believe me wait till signing day next Feb. and see.

Edited by wardawg2038

No problem handling the change here, just some good natured ribbing! :rolleyes: You must play good competition to get better and UC brings that to the region as does McKenzie. Speaking of UC are they in spring now? I know they usually go early. If so how is it going?

I think we will beat UC no problem next year we have to much experience players coming back for UC to beat us.

I think we will beat UC no problem next year we have to much experience players coming back for UC to beat us.

Didn't yall say yall were gunna beat Union City last year? Yea, we all see what happened there. Crow, I definately agree that Lake County should be working on getting IN SHAPE. Union City ran circles around them last year and was hardly even winded. You can count on Union City being well conditioned again this year.

Edited by hittman13

Well, I don't believe being out of shape was Lake Co. problem. I can Promise you those guys were in shape. I think one thing you are missing is the number of guys that played both ways for Lake Co. as compared to UC. Anyway last year is water under the bridge, the boys in T'ville are focused on this year and working hard. I feel they are dedicated to having another good year. Will they beat UC? Time will tell. Until then good luck to all 7-1A teams during the off-season and spring practice.

Well, I don't believe being out of shape was Lake Co. problem. I can Promise you those guys were in shape. I think one thing you are missing is the number of guys that played both ways for Lake Co. as compared to UC. Anyway last year is water under the bridge, the boys in T'ville are focused on this year and working hard. I feel they are dedicated to having another good year. Will they beat UC? Time will tell. Until then good luck to all 7-1A teams during the off-season and spring practice.

YES they are focused 100 percent!! No doubt we were in shape.That's one thing C Barger believes in is conditoninb and I promise we had plenty of it. Like coach said what happend last year is over with and nothing can be changed so just get ready for the LC falcons this year because we're goin to come out with a BANG!!!!!

• 6 months later...

Is Skogen still looking at Vandy?

The better question is has Vandy offered Seth? If Seth can go there that's great. I dont know where he stands academically, and thats none of my business, but if he goes to Vandy he gets a great college education and plays SEC football. What more can you ask for? But I'm sure Seth and his family will sit down and make the right decision for him, whether it be Vandy or UTC.

I wish the best of luck to him at the next level. Now if he doesnt wanna play basketball to work on football, I'd be totally cool with that... :thumb: