Ooltewah Football Team

Ti-Ta

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has gone wrong in Hooterville! They may have to win the last two games just to make the last playoff spot! Why does this topic keep disappearing after it

is put on as a topic.

I couldn't believe it when I heard Farragut 35 and Ooltewah 7. That my friends is a sound whipping.

B)

At the beginning of the year, almost every post, no matter what topic, ended up having discussion dominated by talk of Owl championships. It looks like the owls are laying low these days.

I couldn't believe it when I heard Farragut 35 and Ooltewah 7. That my friends is a sound whipping.

:thumb:

At the beginning of the year, almost every post, no matter what topic, ended up having discussion dominated by talk of Owl championships. It looks like the owls are laying low these days.

were you at the game..ask rigger if it was a sound whipping, the score is deceiving, ooltewah actually outgained farragut...and the ooltewah fans haven't left, i dont know what you are talking about..2 losses isn't the end of the year

I think the Owls are plagued with injuries and are trying to get used to a new coach but sorry Rigger I don't think Farragut is the cause of their problems. Well maybe for one loss but that's all. Nice try anyway.

Only one more game till we meet at "The Ship"

The Owls are a good team when healthy. We've beat them 2 years in a row now. If they would have got by Farragut then they would have been flying high at the nest. Now they are worried. NB21 is telling the facts. The game wasn't out of reach until the 4th TD midway thru the 4th.

OR is the big dog and we all know that but we all want to knock the big dog off the porch and hopefully this is FHS year.

A bird of prey is still dangerous when thy have been knocked to the ground. The smart cats still worry if wise like the Owl!flying_great_horned_owl.jpg

Edited by rigger101

Now, being a former student athlete from Ooltewah, I know that its not like our sports programs to lay down and die. If were gonna go down, we'll put up a fight and won't quit til the end.... while I was at Ooltewah, and I'm sure Grad, MN21 and people of that sort can testify to this, the mentality was to always give EFFORT and to not give up when others expected us to. However, sometimes a loss of this mentality leads to no good, so hopefully, our boys stick through it and give it their all in the next 2 weeks.

The team is on the ropes. This week against Oak Ridge will tell a lot about the character of a group that was basically pummeled this past week against Farragut. Having seen these rabid fans, I doubt they have given up.

Don't try to indicate that the team's approach to each games and the attitudes and excitement of its fans are one in the same. That would not be true of any team.

It will be quite interesting to see how they respond. Having had the chance to see the Owls play a few times this year, I have seen them look very good and very bad -- as in last week. Sometimes it can occur in the same game.

As I have said in other posts, I question the level of conditioning of this team; I think they are a little soft. I also wonder if they aren't struggling in the adjustment to a new coach and a new system. I had some argue with me before the season started, when I questioned the new system and new coach, and some indicated that would not be a problem. I think it is and it is showing up as they play the tougher teams.

Ooltewah is not very big and they are not as deep as others told me they were. They play an awful lot of players two ways. It seems to me that Monroe does not have the confidence in his underclassmen to step up and play at the same level.

The are a good team; they just aren't a great team at this time. Great team speed and a lot of athletic talent; they just haven't figured it out completely as a team and it is getting a little late in the season to start figuring that out.

Still good luck to a quality team... I would like to see them beat Oak Ridge at Ooltewah this Friday, but must confess, that I doubt that will happen. Of course, that is why we play the game.

I think both Chattanooga teams in this region must be suffering from injuries. According to the newpaper article, Soddy Daisy has 8 starters out of action, including the heart of their offense, Jared Dobbs the quarterback, and the heart of their defense, Justin Hart.

First of all, I don't think you can compare Ooltewah and Soddy Daisy. Soddy's well has run dry of talent and they were going to struggle making the playoffs this year, especially with a surprising William Blount team that is stronger than most predicted.

Secondly, I don't think you can blame injuries on both of Ooltewah's losses. Injuries contributed to the loss to William Blount, but the loss to Farragut was just a good ole fashion kicking. As a very close game went on, Farragut got stronger and Ooltewah got weaker. I'm not sure Ooltewah could beat this team in a rematch, while I do believe a rematch with WB would be a victory for the Owls.

As for Soddy, they are big, slow and don't have a lot of athletes. Their running game is weak and their passing game is not near as strong as some predicted. Yes, they have had some key injuries, but they would have had a tough time battlilng for fourth anyway, even without the injuries.

Everything I hear is that once this class graduates, Soddy's cupboard is bare and that there is a very good likelihood that Weathers will join his buddy and student in the private sector. Who in his right mind with his age, record and situation would want to continue?

So, although injuries may have been a factor, it really doesn't tell the whole story. Neither of these teams have performed at the level anticipated. Soddy is just not very strong overall. Ooltewah has only one quality win and has failed to show up at its two region losses on the road. As I said earlier, injuries were not a factor in the loss to Farragut.