Week 10 Showdown, Possibly Region Championship

Guest thedragon

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thedragon

I have been talking about the game. I just dont see why you all would wont to talk about a game that wont even be a game.

OH, WHAT A COMEBACK.

If it wasnt going to be a game why is it called a game. morron

CLIFFHANGER= IGNORANT

I'm going to say Notre Dame wins this one by a score of 24-14. Two completely different styles are going to clash. I give edge to Notre Dame for two reasons- speed and special teams. Notre Dame's front four on defense are the best I've seen this year. Polk will be able to run the ball, but I don't think they can do it consistently enough to control clock and keep Notre dame's offense off the field. Notre Dame's RB is best in region. He is fast and strong. He will break one or two before night is over. Notre Dame has excellent punter and kicker, these guys might be the difference. Polk's best chance to win will be to control clock and create a few turnovers. It will not take a perfect game from Polk to win, but they must play well. I'd love for Polk to win, but I just don't see it happening.

Well We've played both teams....

Polk is more Physical.

Notre Dame is more athletic(way more athletic).

Notre Dames defense isnt just good ... its great.

Polk has a good defense as well.

BOTH of these teams are real classy, they dont trash talk on the feild at all.(Just seems the only trash talking is coming from fans)

Polks O line is really good as well...

*small minor note If Polk can contain Notre Dames rb who just doesnt run he floats.... Is very patient and waits for his blocks to be set up then excels with ease.....IF they stop him they have a shot, if they dont I dont see them winning this game.*

Nice post.

How is the boy who got hurt? It appeared to be his knee. He had a rough night and I hope he's OK.

Grundy played hard with a lot of heart. That No. 1 was unstoppable.

I'm going to say Notre Dame wins this one by a score of 24-14. Two completely different styles are going to clash. I give edge to Notre Dame for two reasons- speed and special teams. Notre Dame's front four on defense are the best I've seen this year. Polk will be able to run the ball, but I don't think they can do it consistently enough to control clock and keep Notre dame's offense off the field. Notre Dame's RB is best in region. He is fast and strong. He will break one or two before night is over. Notre Dame has excellent punter and kicker, these guys might be the difference. Polk's best chance to win will be to control clock and create a few turnovers. It will not take a perfect game from Polk to win, but they must play well. I'd love for Polk to win, but I just don't see it happening.

You make some good points. I would add that ND must stop the stupid mistakes. If they lose, it will be because of penalties and turnovers. Now, they've had some pretty imaginative calls go against all year, but most of the penalties have been their own making.

Jon Reinhert is the punter and kicker and he is phenomenal. Friday at Grundy he literally was playing target practice with his kickoffs, spotting the ball where they weren't. Got one turnover and should have had another. And who will ever forget the drop kick.

For what it's worth.

ND's region points scored vs. pts allowed is 25 to 1.6

Polk's s 29.7 to 8.4

Overall

ND is 31.5 to 4.6

Polk is 34.2 to 12.9.

If Polk has an advantage, it might be that they have played some close games. ND played two - Hixson and Meigs - that weren't essentially over at halftime.

Should be a good game.

How deep is ND's bench in comparison to Polk? I know Polk, now that Trew has been swithched to defense, has no players that play both ways. Does ND have enough depth to go the distance in a close one? I have yet to see ND but how many do they have on the roster, how many play both ways? The second half is when Polk seems to shine so will ND have enough stamina to pull through the 3rd and 4th without tiring out? No BS comments from Cliffhanger either I want to know facts and not the crap you have been talking.

How deep is ND's bench in comparison to Polk? I know Polk, now that Trew has been swithched to defense, has no players that play both ways. Does ND have enough depth to go the distance in a close one? I have yet to see ND but how many do they have on the roster, how many play both ways? The second half is when Polk seems to shine so will ND have enough stamina to pull through the 3rd and 4th without tiring out? No BS comments from Cliffhanger either I want to know facts and not the crap you have been talking.

ND has two lineman that play some on both sides and a couple of others that can and do play on both sides of the ball. Fatigue won't be a problem. One other item that some may have a misconception about is ND's size. Polk is known as a power team, deservedly so, so the assumption may be that they will overpower ND, which is known as a speed team. That is not true. ND's front four on Defense are big AND quick, and they will hit people.

Again, it will come down to speed, composure and mistakes. If ND can stay out of trouble and get some early scores, it could be ugly. Polk could have trouble with Carthorn, as everyone has.

If they turn it over and let it become a low-scoring, ball control game, Polk has a very good chance.

Edited by Rabble Rouser

Well the kid who got injured, went to get MRIs done...

#1 is a great player..... and one of my best freinds. I believe hes the first back to have 100 yards rushing on Notre Dame all year(correct me if im wrong).

I think there are only two TEAMS that have gained more than 100 yards total on the Irish, so yes, he's the only single player to do so. Like I said, he had a good night.