Johnson County-anderson County

Dukie

Mountain City will be a ghost town Thursday night as the Lady Longhorns host Anderson County. If you're traveling from the Knoxville area, you might want to get there early because we had a packed house for regionals Tuesday night. If anybody has any info on Anderson County, I would appreciate it. I was a little surprised to find out JCHS was playing them because I thought Anderson County would win their region based on tradition. Should be a good match.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The result of the Anderson County - Catholic Region 2 Championship shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone who's been paying attention. It was, I believe, the 5th time this season that Catholic has beaten Anderson County.

Edited by dsl

Didn't know that fact. Haven't followed that region very well but a lot of you guys probably haven't seen Johnson County play either. I do know Anderson County has been tough in the past so the Lady Longhorns are going to have to play their best.

Dukie,

just based on JCHS's record and knowledge of Anderson County, Mountain City will see a fine match tomorrow night. AC is somewhat young, so they tend to play in streaks. if you get them on the upside they are tough.

i know records dont mean much but you (JCHS) dont get to be 34-6 (sorry if i got that wrong) and not have some talent.

Daddy Juice,

I'm cautiously optimistic. These girls have stayed humble all year and they're just taking it one match at a time. I think the Lady Longhorns have a very good chance and they do have a lot of talent. I don't get on here and down other opponents. Best of luck to both teams.

Anderson County defeated Johnson County 25-19, 24-26, 25-19, 25-22 tonight. Great match between two great teams. Anderson County has an outstanding team and I wish them the best of luck in the state tournament. That was one of the best sports atmospheres I have ever been in. The gym was almost full and it was loud. Johnson County is proud of this team for what they have accomplished. Good luck to seniors Ryann Tillman, Katie Nelson, Alysa Billings and Sarah Wright as they move on to college. Thanks for the memories and we will never forget you.

First let me say what an experience Johnson Co. was, the fans were unbelievable. I could not believe the fan support you showed your team and what a team it was. I personally didn't expect the level of play your girls showed. They were tough. The four seniors were great with really strong support from the underclassman.

I want to thank you all for the great hospitality you showed our girls.

“AC” a team on a mission and now that they are at the big dance who knows what can happen. Congratulations on the major win last night and good luck in the State.

Young and determined a tough combination. Play hard and compete and good things can happen.

GOOD LUCK

:angry:

Glad to see the Lady Longhorns experience some success. I wish they had made it to the state. Having watched their basketball program really struggle the past few seasons it is good to see their volleyball and softball programs improving. Congratulations to the graduating seniors, you will be impossible to replace and have etched your place in Longhorn history.

First let me say what an experience Johnson Co. was, the fans were unbelievable. I could not believe the fan support you showed your team and what a team it was. I personally didn't expect the level of play your girls showed. They were tough. The four seniors were great with really strong support from the underclassman.

I want to thank you all for the great hospitality you showed our girls.

“AC” a team on a mission and now that they are at the big dance who knows what can happen. Congratulations on the major win last night and good luck in the State.

Young and determined a tough combination. Play hard and compete and good things can happen.

GOOD LUCK

:thumb:

Second in the district and second in the region doesn't get you the gold volleyball.

Edited by JackSparrow

Second in the district and second in the region doesn't get you the gold volleyball.

Sorry you feel the need to keep attempting to insight something here.

Should the AC fans not be proud of their team making it to the State Tournament? Should we just not go since we finished runner-up in district and region?

We have a young team that makes "young team" mistakes. I am very proud of them making it this far. For not giving up. I don't know why you feel the need to keep putting them down.

Is there another team in the tournament that starts and plays 7 Freshman and Sophmores who had never played in a varsity match before the end of August?

...and finally, think Lipscomb 2004.

If you will read the post again, I never said anything about a gold ball nor did I predict who would win it all in this post.

All I was doing was encouraging and congratulating the two team's and a community on a great night of volleyball. Then you get on here and make comments that mean nothing to anybody but you.

The state is a differant season and anything can happen as you have witnessed. The district, regions and substates are just a means to the end. If you don't win it all then no one really remembers the other things. The key is get there and see what happens.

I am glad the girls from Catholic made the state tournament and I hope they do well,

BUT I am really glad the Lady Mavs made it and gave themselves a chance no one else gave them.

Let me repeat myself in so many words, Great job Johnson County Lady Longhorns. and Anderson County Lady Mavs on an exciting night of volleyball

Edited by Hopi

Announcements