Shelbyville Play Day

CoachT

The Play Day is Nov. 11 and 12. Teams can get 2 scrimmages on Friday and 2 on Saturday. Games on Friday start at 4:00 pm and Saturday games will start at 8:00 am. They already have 26 teams signed up but would like to have a few more. Below is a partial list of teams that are coming:

Dickson Co.

Moore Co.

Jackson Co.

Heritage

Warren Co.

Lawrence Co.

Smyrna

Cannon Co.

McMinn Co.

Shelbyville

Lincoln Co.

Riverdale

Cheatham Co.

Livingston Academy

Perry Co.

Cascade

Marshall Co.

They already have several college coaches who have committed to attend this event and evaluate the players. For info call Coach Lynn Burkey at 931-684-5672.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday, Nov 11:

Shelbyville Central

4PM Lincoln Co. vs Riverdale

5PM Riverdale vs Bradley Central

6PM Cheatham Co. vs Loretto

7PM Shelbyville vs McMinn Co.

8PM Wilson Central vs Franklin Co.

9PM Lausanne vs Dickson Co.

--------------------------------

Harris Middle School (which is now across the street from SCHS)

4PM Cheatham Co. vs Jackson Co.

5PM Lincoln Co vs Wilson Central

6PM Jackson Co. vs Lawrence Co.

7PM Heritage vs Lausanne

8PM Watertown vs Pickett Co.

9PM Warren Co. vs Lawrence Co.

---------------------------------

Rec One

5PM Franklin Co. vs McMinn Co.

6PM Pickett Co vs Creek Wood

7PM Dickson Co. vs Bradley Central

8PM Loretto vs Moore Co.

Rec Two

5PM Cascade vs Watertown

6PM Moore Co. vs Perry Co.

7PM Cascade vs Warren Co.

8PM Creek Wood vs Perry Co.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, Nov 12:

Shelbyville Central

8AM White House vs Perry Co.

9AM Heritage vs Smyrna

10AM Creek Wood vs Marshall Co.

11AM Cascade vs Lewis Co.

12PM Pickett Co. vs Cannon Co.

1PM Livingston Academy vs Warren Co.

2PM Lincoln Co. vs Smyrna

3PM Franklin Co. vs Northeast

8AM Cascade vs Pickett Co.

9AM McMinn Co. vs Livingston Academy

10AM Clarkrange vs Perry Co.

11AM Smyrna vs Lausanne

12PM Page vs Northeast

1PM Franklin Co. vs White House

2PM Moore Co. vs Northeast

3PM Marshall Co. vs White House

Rec One

8AM Bradley Central vs Lausanne

9AM Page vs Lewis Co.

10AM Cannon vs Lawrence Co.

11AM Dickson Co. vs Livingston Academy

12PM Lincoln Co. vs Clarkrange

1PM Marshall Co. vs Wilson Central

2PM Watertown vs Lewis Co.

3PM Upperman vs Smyrna

-----------------------------------

Rec Two

8AM Dickson Co. vs Lawrence Co.

9AM Northeast vs Warren Co

10AM White House vs Bradley Central

11AM McMinn Co. vs Wilson Central

12PM Moore Co. vs Watertown

1PM Creek Wood vs Lewis Co.

2PM Wilson Central vs Upperman

Edited by coacht

Friday, Nov 11:

Shelbyville Central

4PM Lincoln Co vs Riverdale

5PM Riverdale vs Bradley Central

6PM Cheatham Co vs Loretto

7PM Shelbyville vs McMinn Co

8PM Wilson Central vs Franklin Co

9PM Lausanne vs Dickson Co

4PM Cheatham Co vs Jackson Co

5PM Lincoln Co vs Wilson Central

6PM Jackson Co vs Lawrence Co

7PM Heritage vs Lausanne

8PM Watertown vs Pickett Co

9PM Warren Co vs Lawrence Co

Rec One

5PM Franklin Co vs McMinn Co

6PM Pickett Co vs Creek Wood

7PM Dickson Co vs Bradley Central

8PM Loretto vs Moore Co

Rec Two

5PM Cascade vs Watertown

6PM Moore Co vs Perry Co

7PM Cascade vs Warren Co

8PM Creek Wood vs Perry Co

thier is a new road next to duck river electric that will take you strait to the new harris middle and the high school

Shelbyville only has one game, I guess to allow the other teams the guaranteed number of games.

Coacht.... Shelbyville has only one game because they are under "suspension from the TSSAA for playing Oak Hill Acadamy in last years playday. Oak Hill is not a member of Virginia's Secondary school's athletic association and therefore our members can not or are not allowed to play them. Insell didn't know that when he scheduled them last year. 3 other schools played them last year and are under similar suspension. All schools self reported the violation and therefor recommended their own sanctions. The sanctions limited the schools to no spring 2005 scrimmages and only 2 pre season scrimmages and no play days so Shelbyville can host (obviously) but only play 1 game a day. I think they have another scrimmage somewhere else scheduled so that is why they are only doing one game. The other 3 Tennessee schools are not in this years Shelbyville playday. I think that is a stupid rule and Coach Insell obviously didn't know of it either or he wouldn't have scheduled them. The wording is vague and you really come out of reading the rule thinking scrimmage or play day games is not a violation but none the less, it is. Since this went down last year, I believe the rules have undergone clarification so this doesn't happen again. Hope this helps and it is common knowledge (maybe only with the affected schools) so that is why I posted to answer the question. It didn't affect Hall of Fame games however wonder why? good day :thumb:

Coacht.... Shelbyville has only one game because they are under "suspension from the TSSAA for playing Oak Hill Acadamy in last years playday. Oak Hill is not a member of Virginia's Secondary school's athletic association and therefore our members can not or are not allowed to play them. Insell didn't know that when he scheduled them last year. 3 other schools played them last year and are under similar suspension. All schools self reported the violation and therefor recommended their own sanctions. The sanctions limited the schools to no spring 2005 scrimmages and only 2 pre season scrimmages and no play days so Shelbyville can host (obviously) but only play 1 game a day. I think they have another scrimmage somewhere else scheduled so that is why they are only doing one game. The other 3 Tennessee schools are not in this years Shelbyville playday. I think that is a stupid rule and Coach Insell obviously didn't know of it either or he wouldn't have scheduled them. The wording is vague and you really come out of reading the rule thinking scrimmage or play day games is not a violation but none the less, it is. Since this went down last year, I believe the rules have undergone clarification so this doesn't happen again. Hope this helps and it is common knowledge (maybe only with the affected schools) so that is why I posted to answer the question. It didn't affect Hall of Fame games however wonder why? good day :thumb:

:thumb: usually anytime oak hill try's to schedule a tennessee boys team the tssaa steps in and reminds them of the rule it has been around for about 5 or 6 years now i am surprised that coach insell hasn't read it in the newspaper it's been in the tennessean twice BUT COME ON ITS GIRLS BASKETBALL NOT BOYS THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE i agree it's a stupid rule especially on the girls side of basketball

:thumb: usually anytime oak hill try's to schedule a tennessee boys team the tssaa steps in and reminds them of the rule it has been around for about 5 or 6 years now i am surprised that coach insell hasn't read it in the newspaper it's been in the tennessean twice BUT COME ON ITS GIRLS BASKETBALL NOT BOYS THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE i agree it's a stupid rule especially on the girls side of basketball

You are correct but I think it is totally how the thing was worded and also Oak Hill had been hammering coach to get to come. Oh well it won't be that big of a thang it is just another thang.