Cumberland Gap Panthers!

Gapfan06

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to CG. You all have had a great season. Congrats to SG also. They have had a great season. Somebody mentioned earlier that they would love to see a rematch in the playoffs. As nice as that is, it is not going to happen. Both teams and there fans are delusional if they think that this is a possibility. Before I go any farther, let me say I wish both teams the best of luck. No I don't have a son playing, no I don't sit on the bench, no neither team beat my team, none of that so don't accuse me of it. I am a person that enjoys football. Historically the Knoxville teams in 2a are superior to this areas teams. Both teams might get through the first round but that will be as far as they get. Sorry to bust anybodies bubble but please don't start making your hotel reservations for state. No I am not from the Knoxville area. I will be cheering on CG and SG. I just don't think they have many games left. Best of luck to both.

Congrats to CG. You all have had a great season. Congrats to SG also. They have had a great season. Somebody mentioned earlier that they would love to see a rematch in the playoffs. As nice as that is, it is not going to happen. Both teams and there fans are delusional if they think that this is a possibility. Before I go any farther, let me say I wish both teams the best of luck. No I don't have a son playing, no I don't sit on the bench, no neither team beat my team, none of that so don't accuse me of it. I am a person that enjoys football. Historically the Knoxville teams in 2a are superior to this areas teams. Both teams might get through the first round but that will be as far as they get. Sorry to bust anybodies bubble but please don't start making your hotel reservations for state. No I am not from the Knoxville area. I will be cheering on CG and SG. I just don't think they have many games left. Best of luck to both.

That is a great point. I love my team and all, and I'll cheer for them all the way. But I'm also a realist. So for both the CG and SG fans enjoy it while it's here and wish for the best. If you get a chance to play the big boys, put forth your best effort and don't give it to them easy. Crazier things have happened I know. So just take each game one at a time, and enjoy it for as long as you get to.

Panther pride!!!!

Fan2Fan, are you from Loudon? If you are, I hear your all's program is top notch as well. Good luck against Happy Valley in the first round. They sling the ball all over the place. The receivers are awesome, especially #11. I hope we are forutunate enough to possibly get to see you all in the 2nd rd as well!!! Good luck to you!!

yes Shot

I am from Loudon and we have had a rough 3 years. our boys play with alot of heart and team unity, something we have been lacking for the past few years.nothing like seeing the team do well on your sons senior year. good luck to you all and thanks for the info on HV

Region2a has been dominated over the past 4 years by Region 2aa. Last year was the first time any Region2a team made it past the first round. The odds are stacked against 2a against. Let's face it, no one will beat Alcoa. Loudon is tough, Cak is tough, and the 4th place team in Region 2aa will be awful tough too. Either Rockwood or Oliver Springs who beat Gat-Pitt earlier in the season will be in that spot.

I'm sure that you mean Region 1AA, not Region 2A, but I get your point.

I also look at all of the power ratings (Murphy Fair, Ken Massey, Sonny Moore, etc.), and I know that Region 2AA is statistically stronger than Region 1AA.

I think that Cumberland Gap and South Greene both have a chance to get through round 1, but both will need to be prepared.

Part of those power ratings includes margin of victory, as well as opponents records,and wins vs losses.

I'm not sure how at least 1 still has South Greene (7-2) rated higher than Cumberland Gap (8-1), even though the Panthers won the head-to-head match-up. (So much for computers, GIGO)

Cumberland Gap has won more close games than some of the 2AA schools, but so far, the offense has stepped it up a notch as needed, and so has the defense.

The Panthers are in excellent condition, and most play on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Somewhere along the way that might become an issue, but if they minimize their mistakes, I believe they have an opportunity to test more than 1 Region 2AA opponent.

Congrats on a great year Cumberland Gap. But what is all the talk about on here so much? Everyday I get on here its Cumberland Gap this, Cumberland Gap that. Im sure you will get past your first round game, but good lord people. Calm down. Beat Alcoa or Loudon or Tyner or DCA and then we can talk, talk, talk all you want too.

Congrats on a great year Cumberland Gap. But what is all the talk about on here so much? Everyday I get on here its Cumberland Gap this, Cumberland Gap that. Im sure you will get past your first round game, but good lord people. Calm down. Beat Alcoa or Loudon or Tyner or DCA and then we can talk, talk, talk all you want too.

I can only speak for myself on this one!

I'm just trying to get the number of my posts up! LOL I want see what comes after trainer.

By the way, thank you for your post! You bumped us back to page 1!

Hey Splitback, whats wrong with talking about our favorite team? and don't forget that this page is about the CUMBERLAND GAP PANTHERS!!! Why are you reading it if it offends you so bad?...Please. By the way, I am the calmest person you'll ever talk to, no ADHD here. Toots :D

I for one, am not on here talking trash about anyone or anything. We're a small community and very proud of our kids this year. And I just want everyone to know how proud we are. I want to get on here and get some exposure for these guys because this opportunity doesn't happen every year. We are fortunate this year to have done so well, next year may be different, maybe it won't, I don't know. But we are enjoyin this year and living for the moment as they may say! O yeah, and I like to see post #'s up too!!!! :D Anyway, I hope no one takes offense to the fact that we are just very proud of our kids. They are a great group of kids and deserve everything they've got this year. They have worked hard to earn it. Even if they don't make it out of the first round, I'll still be just as proud of them. This has been a banner year for CGHS, and hopefully will be a building block for the future. I just wanted to let everyone know that!! :D

I for one, am not on here talking trash about anyone or anything. We're a small community and very proud of our kids this year. And I just want everyone to know how proud we are. I want to get on here and get some exposure for these guys because this opportunity doesn't happen every year. We are fortunate this year to have done so well, next year may be different, maybe it won't, I don't know. But we are enjoyin this year and living for the moment as they may say! O yeah, and I like to see post #'s up too!!!! :D Anyway, I hope no one takes offense to the fact that we are just very proud of our kids. They are a great group of kids and deserve everything they've got this year. They have worked hard to earn it. Even if they don't make it out of the first round, I'll still be just as proud of them. This has been a banner year for CGHS, and hopefully will be a building block for the future. I just wanted to let everyone know that!! :D

Nice post Shotdoc. You folks go ahead and get excited. Making the playoffs is a big deal and you Gap fans have shown great class on here. Good luck in the first round of the playoffs. Maybe we will meet in a few weeks. :D

Alcoa Tornadoes .......... Defending 2AA State Champions

Edited by Coalman

Nice post Shotdoc. You folks go ahead and get excited. Making the playoffs is a big deal and you Gap fans have shown great class on here. Good luck in the first round of the playoffs. Maybe we will meet in a few weeks. :D

Thank you Coalman, our fans are great. Maybe a little erratic at times!!! lol Jst Kidding!!!!! But they are a fun buch that has a great time at the games. Best of luck to you guys as well and maybe we will meet in a few weeks!! It's possible...hopefully!!!! :D

Panther Pride!!!!!

Nice post Shotdoc. You folks go ahead and get excited. Making the playoffs is a big deal and you Gap fans have shown great class on here. Good luck in the first round of the playoffs. Maybe we will meet in a few weeks. :lol:

Thanks Coalman! I know that you're proud down at Alcoa too! You folks have something that we don't have yet, called tradition.

We're proud to eat crumbs, because we've been pretty hungry around here. Maybe one of these days we can eat some back-to-back cake!

The kids here are great (I hardly ever have to scold one), and the fans have a brand new infestation of excitement.

I went to school in Kentucky, and live in Campbell County. I came to know the Panthers personally by broadcasting their games on WLMU radio (from Lincoln Memorial University).

One of the underlying reasons I want to see Cumberland Gap advance to round 3, is to see all of the Alcoa fans pouring in. I would say into town, but we don't really have a town to pour into.

Edited by The Sports Guy