Congrats Owls ( This Throws 5-a Playoffs Outta Wack)

Still a 4th place finish for Owls.

Unless Heritage beats WB (and assuming you don't choke vs. Soddy). This sets up an interesting 1st round playoff game at D-B. Not your average #1 vs. #4 game.

D-B could very well lose that game. The OR loss makes the OR/Farr. game next friday very interesting. Another OR loss and D-B could be facing OR in 2nd round (if they get through 1st).

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not a sure 4th place finish for the Owls. If Oak Ridge loses to Farragut and William Blount beats Heritage and the Owls beat Soddy that creates a 3-way tie for 2nd.

None of the seeds are set in this region yet. I do think this region can win all four games in the first round no matter what the seeds are especially after the Owls show that they do have some heart tonight.

The Oak Ridge Vs Farragut game will decide the #1 Seed. If WB win their final game, then WB is the 3 Seed and Ooltewah is the 4 Seed. If Ooltewah wins and WB looses then switch places. The Gov's won't loose.

Region 2 will not win 4 games in Round 1 PERIOD. Dobyns-Bennett @ HOME is not going to loose to your #4 Seed. And, Sevier County will whip your #3 Seed, whether it is WB or the Owls, on the down hill field that is a huge advantage for Sevier Co.

With that said, being a DB Fan, I am pulling for Oak Ridge to beat the Admirals yet again, and they will. DB wants Oak Ridge as late in the Playoffs as possible, and round 3 in Kingsport feels right, as it always is.

Oak Ridge #1

Farragut #2

WB or Ooltewah #3 and #4

Roll Tribe Roll

Roll Cats Roll

Giddy Up!!

Still a 4th place finish for Owls.

Unless Heritage beats WB (and assuming you don't choke vs. Soddy). This sets up an interesting 1st round playoff game at D-B. Not your average #1 vs. #4 game.

D-B could very well lose that game. The OR loss makes the OR/Farr. game next friday very interesting. Another OR loss and D-B could be facing OR in 2nd round (if they get through 1st).

The Owls did secure a play-off spot tonight. They have not been awarded the fourth seed just yet. The outcome in this region this year, just like almost every year since the region was put together will go down to the last week to see who finishes where. Oak Ridge and Farragut winner will win the region. If Farragut beat Oak Ridge next week and Ooltewah and Blount both win, there would be a three way tie for 2nd place. In that senerio I believe the Owls would finish 2nd, Oak Ridge 3rd and Blount 4th. If Oak Ridge wins they will be 1st, Farragut 2nd, and if Blount wins they would be 3rd, Ooltewah 4th win or loose against Soddy. If Heritage beats Blount and Ooltewah beats Soddy then the Owls would be 3rd and Blount 4th. Crazy!!!!!!

The Oak Ridge Vs Farragut game will decide the #1 Seed. If WB win their final game, then WB is the 3 Seed and Ooltewah is the 4 Seed. If Ooltewah wins and WB looses then switch places. The Gov's won't loose.

Region 2 will not win 4 games in Round 1 PERIOD. Dobyns-Bennett @ HOME is not going to loose to your #4 Seed. And, Sevier County will whip your #3 Seed, whether it is WB or the Owls, on the down hill field that is a huge advantage for Sevier Co.

With that said, being a DB Fan, I am pulling for Oak Ridge to beat the Admirals yet again, and they will. DB wants Oak Ridge as late in the Playoffs as possible, and round 3 in Kingsport feels right, as it always is.

Oak Ridge #1

Farragut #2

WB or Ooltewah #3 and #4

Roll Tribe Roll

Roll Cats Roll

Giddy Up!!

we want DB in the first round big words coming from a team that beat by Oak Ridge and do you think the Owls cant do the same to DB well then go ahead and look over the Owls thats what we want you guys to do.

Oak Ridge #1

Farragut #2

WB or Ooltewah #3 and #4

Roll Tribe Roll

Roll Cats Roll

Giddy Up!!

If the Owls end up fourth, we will look forward to coming back up to your place this year. You might not like the outcome this year. You guys almost got caught looking past us last year, remember. Had to score with 2 minutes left to get the win. If we finish fourth we will gladly make that trip back to Kingsport!!!!!!

We also had our star receiver and linebacker out that game too. Lamon Williams set all the records at DB, too bad you all missed him he was amazing to watch when he caught the ball. This year Ooltewah should be a better team than their last years team. A senior heavy team with many stars on both side of the balls. DB lost alot from last season and are a very young team this year. The starting 2 QBs are out with injury and we have a 3rd string 10th grader 'Bart Ring' doing agood job getting his first start tonight. It is hard to not want to look towards next season when DB will be a very loaded team both in talent and Seniors. This years DB team has made offensive adjustments in the game plan since playing Oak Ridge and have found a more productive offense as of late. DB only allowed 2 offensive TDs to Oak Ridge and that is great against a potent offense. Ooltewah may look better on paper, but it is hard to score on DB this year and it is hard to beat them at J Fred.

And, Sevier County will whip your #3 Seed, whether it is WB or the Owls, on the down hill field that is a huge advantage for Sevier Co.

You can't be serious. WB took it to SC in the 1st half, and when they get another shot, they will win. The game will also be at WB, not SC.

You can't be serious. WB took it to SC in the 1st half, and when they get another shot, they will win. The game will also be at WB, not SC.

If Sevier is the #2 seed and Blount is #3 seed it will be at Sevier County. You can't finish any higher than third seed either. I know you Blount guys haven't been to the play-offs in a while but surely you know how it works. :thumb:

I am pulling for an Ooltewah win and an Oak Ridge loss, but either way, I'm looking forward to the playoffs! Soddy is a HUGE local rivalry game next week and ANYTHING can happen! But either way, I'm glad the Owls were able to survive the gut check and play with some pride for each other! Oak Ridge is still the best team in the region in my opinion. I honestly don't see Farragut beating them - but just like this week, stranger things have happened. And if there is a DB/Ooltewah 1st round game at Kingsport in a few weeks, I would gladly make that trip! Go Owls! Go Region 2!