Week 10 White House At Greenbrier

timbdp

Guest catfish-hunter

Greenbrier, it's here. Shake this gorilla off your backs and let's move on to the playoffs. One more to go, to make it two Regions titles in a row. Get pumped, practice hard, and show that you're the ones that can take care of business

That would be three region titles in a row, not two :thumb:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

I just looked at the White House football website and saw some interesting notes. If WH does win then more than likely it will be a three-way tie for the region title in which PC would win due to their overall record.

What I did not know is that WH would finish 2nd and Greenbrier 3rd because after the region champion is found it would then go to a head-to-head scenario in which White House would hold the advantage over Greenbrier.

Simply to put it, the winner of this game is hosting in the opening round of the playoffs and the loser is more than likely traveling (although Greenbrier could still host with a loss if Station Camp did pull off the upset at PC).

I just looked at the White House football website and saw some interesting notes. If WH does win then more than likely it will be a three-way tie for the region title in which PC would win due to their overall record.

What I did not know is that WH would finish 2nd and Greenbrier 3rd because after the region champion is found it would then go to a head-to-head scenario in which White House would hold the advantage over Greenbrier.

Simply to put it, the winner of this game is hosting in the opening round of the playoffs and the loser is more than likely traveling (although Greenbrier could still host with a loss if Station Camp did pull off the upset at PC).

Although the TSSAA Playoff Possibilities are not yet out, I believe the above scenario is correct.

For anyone that is interested, you can visit the TSSAA official regulations page which were revised when the new classifications went into effect.

However, if you will notice ITEM C of the tiebreaker scenario, AFTER the region champion is determined in a three-way tie, then the process starts all over for the remaining two teams and head-to-head would be the first decision.

Here is the link:

http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/football.pdf

I assume the TSSAA will begin listing official playoff possibilities early this week and when they do, we will post them at the site.

Thanks,

bdpweb

However, if you will notice ITEM C of the tiebreaker scenario, AFTER the region champion is determined in a three-way tie, then the process starts all over for the remaining two teams and head-to-head would be the first decision.

Does anyone else think this makes NO sense at all?

Why would you do one thing for a tiebreaker....and then do something else for the other tiebreaker?

To me...it would only make sense to be "consistent" and go by overall record all the way down.

Hopefully....it won't matter come Friday night!

Go Bobcats!

COACHHARD, they are actually doing the same thing for each one. This is done just like the NFL tie-breaking system. You determine 1st Place first and ONLY first place. Once that is done, you start it all over again for second place.

Head-to-head is the first tie-breaker there. Since they all beat each other you go to the second tie-breaker and look at overall record. If that singles out one team, then they get first place.

Now, the tie-breaker starts over for 2nd Place. You look at the first tie-breaker again, which is head-to-head.

I agree that it doesn't pass the common sense test, but it does pass the logic test......and we know that logic and common sense don't always match up!

COACHHARD, they are actually doing the same thing for each one. This is done just like the NFL tie-breaking system. You determine 1st Place first and ONLY first place. Once that is done, you start it all over again for second place.

Head-to-head is the first tie-breaker there. Since they all beat each other you go to the second tie-breaker and look at overall record. If that singles out one team, then they get first place.

Now, the tie-breaker starts over for 2nd Place. You look at the first tie-breaker again, which is head-to-head.

I agree that it doesn't pass the common sense test, but it does pass the logic test......and we know that logic and common sense don't always match up!

Your explanation of the process did help clear up some questions I had. I still don’t like it…..but like I said earlier…..hopefully it won’t matter…….

Thanks....and hope to see you there Friday night.....

History won't matter Friday night. Looking at past history and records tells alot of coaching abilities but teams change from year to year, but we're in the here and now. I've looked at both these teams scoring on opponents, win-loss and yardage and this is not the same old White House long pass, touchdown team. Yes passing is getting better, but is limited to say the least. Ladd is a top-notch back, but I also see from stats that Greenbrier is not allowing many points, and they are known for a stingy, brick-wall defense. Shutting down SC didn't really make a big deal in my mind, shutting down Sycamore did a little more because of their decent running back, and it was two in a row, but then after having been at a game against PC and seeing their line with Bobby Council, the Bobcats shutting them down made me know they're for real. Winning against Macon makes a statement too, because Dallas is not a cupcake.

I've got to admit that I was impressed with their State run last year and getting into the finals, but with all the talk of their rebuilding, I came into this season thinking White House would be the 4-3a front runners. But I was again surprised out of the gate when this team beat David Lipscomb early on. I don't see many teams that can say that. It's turned out everyone assuming there would be tame kittens has turned these boys into Bobcats on the prowl. I was right about PC going in a little too confident, and overlooking and I foresee the Devils having the same demise. Sometimes all a team needs is to to turn the corner in their minds about past history, and bring on the confidence. They are a 5-0 team with superb ability. I predict it will all come to fruition Friday night.

Greenbrier 17

White House 10

Edited by SuperBowlDream

Official from the TSSAA, just released:

If Greenbrier wins, Greenbrier is first, Pearl-Cohn is second, and White House is third.

If Greenbrier loses and Pearl-Cohn wins, Pearl-Cohn is first, White House is second, and Greenbrier is third.

If Greenbrier loses and Pearl-Cohn loses, White House is first, Greenbrier is second, and Pearl-Cohn is third.

Macon County is fourth.