Week 10 White House At Greenbrier

timbdp

Just out of curiousity for those that watched the replay on CSS, what one image stuck out in your mind? (Something you wish you had a still- shot of?)

I'll have to think about the still shots but what about the live hits? ESPN could make a smash-mouth highlight video with the hits and crack-back blocks that went on in this game. Fortunately no one was hurt.........

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiousity for those that watched the replay on CSS, what one image stuck out in your mind? (Something you wish you had a still- shot of?)

Nothing like watching the replay on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

I can think of several.......but showing the score with 8 seconds left and the celebration starting on the sidelines and in the stands sticks out. Another would be Pigg jumping into the arms of Coach Zeigler after the final horn.

I thought something else that was neat was how the CSS commentators mentioned that Greenbrier was the most hospitable school they have been to and it was their favorite school to do a game. He even went as far as to say all the other schools were great....but Greenbrier was at the top of the list.

I think that speaks volumes for this small community.

I don't know, for action shots, that shot of Michael Seay putting the hit on Ladd looked pretty brutal. For a still shot, the one that stuck out in my mind was with only a few seconds left in the game when Troy was giving a celebratory hug to Kyle and Justin and they were helmet to helmet for a second. It was only three of them but that's been what this team has been about. All for one, and one for all.

I don't know, for action shots, that shot of Michael Seay putting the hit on Ladd looked pretty brutal. For a still shot, the one that stuck out in my mind was with only a few seconds left in the game when Troy was giving a celebratory hug to Kyle and Justin and they were helmet to helmet for a second. It was only three of them but that's been what this team has been about. All for one, and one for all.

That was a big hit.On the White House Side of the ball I think the one that sticks out was our fullback Hargrove running over #42 in the 1st half.Hard licks were trown by both sides all night.As hard as it is for me to say, watching your teams celebration at the end of the game was special. I felt proud for your school and your community.It reminded me of when we turned our program around with our first win over Portland 14-13.Congratulations on a fine win.I hope to see another hard fought game in 2 weeks.

That was a big hit.On the White House Side of the ball I think the one that sticks out was our fullback Hargrove running over #42 in the 1st half.Hard licks were trown by both sides all night.As hard as it is for me to say, watching your teams celebration at the end of the game was special. I felt proud for your school and your community.It reminded me of when we turned our program around with our first win over Portland 14-13.Congratulations on a fine win.I hope to see another hard fought game in 2 weeks.

Hey Titan's Hargrove plowed ahead-butting with that helmet and charged like a bull. B) That got me goin!

Then Mash put the hurt on somebody with that de-cleater hit! wow! B) Great game. Clean- no cheap shots B)

Our QB better stop over throwing to those kids. Mash jumped and got nailed. That's gotta hurt- Trying to jump up and catch an over-thrown ball just puts you up for trouble -maybe even a few broken ribs B)

Edited by Vandyman21

Classy post, Titans. Like was posted before the game, it's great that two communities side by side can leave it on the field. That's the way it should be.

By the way, #42 (Seay) was the Bobcat that made the interception in the endzone. One play that made a big difference, I think. He's only a sophomore and he's already making big plays.

Hargrove's bowl-over of 42 Seay was a big one. I hated to see that happen during the opening drive, right in front of the WH crowd because I knew it would electrify the stands. To Seay's benefit, he took it and then made up for it in the 2nd quarter when he took Ladd of his feet at the line of scrimmage. As Vandy21 said, it was a game full of these shots and they were clean.

I'll have to second, third and fourth the Hargrove smash over #42. I don't think that #42 knew where he was for a couple seconds after getting up off the ground. If I could have gotten a photo of that collision and blown it up to poster size.... WOW !!!!!!!

42 may have had a key interception later on but we are talking about that ONE image that stuck in your mind and that by far was the one I'll always remember !!

Not to stir up anything, but two things that happened during the game that I am still not clear on is why WH#'s 14 put that personal foul hit on Greenbrier's #15. The punt was clearly already out of bounds and it looked pretty blantant. The second is what the heck was going on when WH had 22 players on the field?

Might have to ask #14 yourself about that one. As far as the 22 players on the field at a time, we were trying to confuse everyone and I think it worked except for confusing Greenbrier. I sure got confused as to whether we were going to punt or try to convert the 4th down.

Not to stir up anything, but two things that happened during the game that I am still not clear on is why WH#'s 14 put that personal foul hit on Greenbrier's #15. The punt was clearly already out of bounds and it looked pretty blantant. The second is what the heck was going on when WH had 22 players on the field?

I'd guess the personal to be from being caught up in the moment. It did take the refs a few to work it out but they made the right call.

The players in and out did seem odd. I was just guessing that WH was wanting to confuse the Cats and maybe cause us to use a TO. The 5 yard delay didn't hurt them since the were punting from midfield anyway. Great coaching if it works.

Might have to ask #14 yourself about that one. As far as the 22 players on the field at a time, we were trying to confuse everyone and I think it worked except for confusing Greenbrier. I sure got confused as to whether we were going to punt or try to convert the 4th down.

LOL....you answered as I was posting..... :thumb: