Loudon Vs Rockwood

Fan2Fan

fan2fan I agree.........i just want to talk football guys. Moving on......I have to say that Loudon has a darn good football team this year they have proved theirselves time and time again I witnessed the Kingston game they are good ;however, Rockwood has a tough bunch of boys and they WILL NOT go down without a fight. I am going to step out on a limb here and pick Rockwood in a close one 24-21. I have to stick with the county teams and Loudon will have their hands full in the "Jungle". Good luck to both teams.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Loudon finish the regular season 9-1 or will Rockwood post an upset.

My prediction

Loudon 34

Rockwood 14

with or without Hawkins doesn't really matter.

well Loudon won 36-14 with two long TD's called back. both teams played hard and our prayers go out the the Rockwood Player who suffered a injury requiring a hospital trip and the the Loudon player (:D who suffered a knee injury. I would like to make one closing comment. we see the players improve from week to week as the season progresses. if this is the case with the referees I would sure hate to see how bad this group was at the beginnng of the year. they were absolutely pathetic in tonites game.

The level of sportsmanship exhibited tonight by Loudon was ludicrous. Your up 28-14 with 1:00 to go and you go for two after scoring a meaningless touchdown to put you up 36-14? It was obvious it was planned. Here is to Alcoa and the facial you are going to get from them. It will be so well deserved. The first round will be easy, but Alcoa will be foaming at the mouth for the rematch. Hats off to othe seniors of Rockwood. You guys are my heroes tonight. Here is to Moffitt, Broom, Cunningham, Morgan, Malone, Hank, Morgan, Lawson, Vega, and Coaker. You guys are top notch. I am with you in whatever life brings you.

Edited by govols1020

The level of sportsmanship exhibited tonight by Loudon was ludicrous. Your up 28-14 with 1:00 to go and you go for two after scoring a meaningless touchdown to put you up 36-14? It was obvious it was planned. Here is to Alcoa and the facial you are going to get from them. It will be so well deserved. The first round will be easy, but Alcoa will be foaming at the mouth for the rematch. Hats off to othe seniors of Rockwood. You guys are my heroes tonight. Here is to Moffitt, Broom, Cunningham, Morgan, Malone, Hank, Morgan, Lawson, Vega, and Coaker. You guys are top notch. I am with you in whatever life brings you.

ya the sportsmanship displayed by loudon was awful when they were on their knees in a circle praying for rockwoods injured player, ya that was really awful, not really. loudon i think always displays excellent sportsmanship

I guess I'll start something here, but why didn't Loudon take a knee when they had it 1st and goal with just over a minute left? Rockwood didn't have any timeouts left, but Loudon ran two plays up the middle with the second one scoring a touchdown with 23.3 seconds to play. I wouldn't say anything if it was the reserves or Rockwood still had timeouts, but I thought they rubbed Rockwood's nose in it a bit by punching that one in.

Loudon did get a bad call on the fumbled punt, I heard the official tell Coach Webb that it was an inadveratant whistle. I also didn't see the hold on Hawkins' 59-yard score late in the half. And one of the late hit calls against Loudon was bad in my opinion.

I did see the hold on Hawkins' 2-yard run that was called back.

Also, great play by #81 (Laughlin) on the interception of the screen pass in the first quarter. That was the big play of the game. Rockwood was moving the ball there and could have taken the lead, but instead trailed by 13 when he made it to the end zone.

I guess I'll start something here, but why didn't Loudon take a knee when they had it 1st and goal with just over a minute left? Rockwood didn't have any timeouts left, but Loudon ran two plays up the middle with the second one scoring a touchdown with 23.3 seconds to play. I wouldn't say anything if it was the reserves or Rockwood still had timeouts, but I thought they rubbed Rockwood's nose in it a bit by punching that one in.

Loudon did get a bad call on the fumbled punt, I heard the official tell Coach Webb that it was an inadveratant whistle. I also didn't see the hold on Hawkins' 59-yard score late in the half. And one of the late hit calls against Loudon was bad in my opinion.

I did see the hold on Hawkins' 2-yard run that was called back.

Also, great play by #81 (Laughlin) on the interception of the screen pass in the first quarter. That was the big play of the game. Rockwood was moving the ball there and could have taken the lead, but instead trailed by 13 when he made it to the end zone.

i left the game early cause i had to go to work, im not sure they scored like that. however i guess coach harig has his reasons. good luck to rockwood next year. i also thought it was kinda rude for the announcer to start making advertisments about some club meeting over the intercom while that player was hurt. i thought it was disrespectful. but i am happy hes gonna be ok

Edited by free4only1

well I am very sorry you and Goosevol feel the way you do. the score at the end is not typical of Loudon play. I have seen many times this year when Loudon has taken a knee with as much as 1:30 left on the clock. in my personal opinion I feel the last score was because of the new kid in at full back. he is 2nd / 3rd string and is well deserving of feeling the endzone because of his hard work and the fact he is a senior. overall I think the game was well played and for the most part there was good sportsmanship displayed on both sides. but you will have to admit when a team comes in and battles the eleven that the home team puts on the field and the other five in striped shirts its can get emotions high and a high level of emotions can drive a team to do things out of its normal pattern. now to Moffitt, Broom, Cunningham, Morgan, Malone, Hank, Morgan, Lawson, Vega and Coker. I agree you guys are a top notch group and you are going to be a valuble loss to your team come the 2006 season and we at Loudon wish you well but for govols to say he is with you in whatever life brings is a little misleading. I am sure in a week or two he will go back to his self centered / all about me world and forget that you all were a part of the 2005 Tigers.

I wouldn't have a problem with a second or third stringer scoring in that situation, but it was the starting QB, No. 4 Cody Fritts, that scored the final TD on a 1-yard sneak.

Again, it's not that big of a deal, but I'ver never known Rockwood or Loudon to have had bad blood in the past and I didn't think it had to do with anything Rockwood had done in the past.

If they hand the ball off to No. 7 I'd been perfectly fine with that.

well I am very sorry you and Goosevol feel the way you do. the score at the end is not typical of Loudon play. I have seen many times this year when Loudon has taken a knee with as much as 1:30 left on the clock. in my personal opinion I feel the last score was because of the new kid in at full back. he is 2nd / 3rd string and is well deserving of feeling the endzone because of his hard work and the fact he is a senior. overall I think the game was well played and for the most part there was good sportsmanship displayed on both sides. but you will have to admit when a team comes in and battles the eleven that the home team puts on the field and the other five in striped shirts its can get emotions high and a high level of emotions can drive a team to do things out of its normal pattern. now to Moffitt, Broom, Cunningham, Morgan, Malone, Hank, Morgan, Lawson, Vega and Coker. I agree you guys are a top notch group and you are going to be a valuble loss to your team come the 2006 season and we at Loudon wish you well but for govols to say he is with you in whatever life brings is a little misleading. I am sure in a week or two he will go back to his self centered / all about me world and forget that you all were a part of the 2005 Tigers.

Nice reply. You know so much about me and who I am. I am glad you notified me that i am self-centered and think the world revolves around me. Our 2005 Tiger seniors showed more heart and leadership than perhaps I have ever seen before.

Nice reply. You know so much about me and who I am. I am glad you notified me that i am self-centered and think the world revolves around me. Our 2005 Tiger seniors showed more heart and leadership than perhaps I have ever seen before.

I am sure they did but that does not mean you will be true to them once they are gone. I feeel you have a big heart...but a little brain to go with it. so go on back to your self centered all about you world and get over it. sorry i took so long to reply but I was trying to find where Rockwood was in the playoff brackets and silly me...I found out they will be at home all thru the playoffs...there home. I bet that got your goat..you do own a goat don't you?