Hampton Vs. Cloudland

RedwallOutcast

The team is good, but the schedule has been weak. I know that the Dogs often don't have enough men on the field at times and the penalties have hurt some key drives. The games have been lopsided, yes, but who couldn't beat WGreene, chuckey choak, and Grace. Trust me. If you watch the coaches enough you will see what I am talking about. Too many coaches = too many people telling the players what to do = stupid mistakes.

If Magaha is a one man wrecking crew, you would think that they could stop him with a double team/triple team, or call a play away from him, such as a counter or a crossbuck. Some kind of misdirection to keep him away from the ball.

Not "If Magaha is" Magaha was a one man wrecking crew and made tackles all over the field. I don't understand what was weak about the schedule. Johnson County-4A, unicoi county 4A, West Greene, Chucky Doak, and Happy Valley all 2A and Grace Christian was in our conference. You never kow how these teams are going to be when you schedule them. And I have watched the coaches for years, and it looks like to me, they are talking just enough and got the boys playing some mighty fine football. I believe what you have witnessed as far as the stupid mistakes, i.e., not enough people on the field, that was trying to get JV players and freshman players in there. Nitecrawler sounds like to me a fan that has been disappointed in their game this year with Hampton or is about to be very disappointed.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not "If Magaha is" Magaha was a one man wrecking crew and made tackles all over the field. I don't understand what was weak about the schedule. Johnson County-4A, unicoi county 4A, West Greene, Chucky Doak, and Happy Valley all 2A and Grace Christian was in our conference. You never kow how these teams are going to be when you schedule them. And I have watched the coaches for years, and it looks like to me, they are talking just enough and got the boys playing some mighty fine football. I believe what you have witnessed as far as the stupid mistakes, i.e., not enough people on the field, that was trying to get JV players and freshman players in there. Nitecrawler sounds like to me a fan that has been disappointed in their game this year with Hampton or is about to be very disappointed.

Everything seems to be working pretty well, their is not a team in the state thats perfect. This team is good, if they give it their ALL EVERY WEEK,I think Hampton fans will have alot to cheer about for several more weeks. The sky is the limit.

The way I see it and I don't like to predict scores. But any coach knows that it starts with the big o line and the Hampton Bulldogs has a great line. You have big Johny Price 6' 2" 330 pds and Donnie Davis 5' 11" and 275 pds these two boys have played together forever. They have won alot of ballgames with there great blocking. And then you have Martin Winters this kid is small but he will rock you. And then you have two big Tight ends Brandon Barnett and Lucas Roark, they can block, but their greatest asset are their hands, both are 6' or taller. Don't forget Matt Largent, small kid, but big heart. And finally, big bad Jon Potter, FB and blocks and hits like a truck. Jon's getting rode hard this season, but he is on course with his rushing #'s from last year and he's played probably half the time. And for Townsend, this kid has alot of heart and will tell you if it wasn't for his big O line and his FB, he would not be half the player he seems to be, just ask him.

This game will come down to the O & D lines.

I think Johnny Price and Brandon Barnett are D1 material.

Edited by hamptonbigdogs

The way I see it and I don't like to predict scores. But any coach knows that it starts with the big o line and the Hampton Bulldogs has a great line. You have big Johny Price 6' 2" 330 pds and Donnie Davis 5' 11" and 275 pds these two boys have played together forever. They have won alot of ballgames with there great blocking. And then you have Martin Winters this kid is small but he will rock you. And then you have two big Tight ends Brandon Barnett and Lucas Roark, they can block, but their greatest asset are their hands, both are 6' or taller. Don't forget Matt Largent, small kid, but big heart. And finally, big bad Jon Potter, FB and blocks and hits like a truck. Jon's getting rode hard this season, but he is on course with his rushing #'s from last year and he's played probably half the time. And for Townsend, this kid has alot of heart and will tell you if it wasn't for his big O line and his FB, he would not be half the player he seems to be, just ask him.

This game will come down to the O & D lines.

I think Johnny Price and Brandon Barnett are D1 material.

not to kill the party so to speak but you are for hampton big difference...look at cloudlands players too...obviously they have skills too or they wouldnt be 8-1...they arent going to lay down for anyone...but them hampton boys need to get em,lol

Cloudland will win, no doubt about it.

CHS- 24

Hampton- 16

If you are so sure then give me some reasons to why you believe that Cloudland will defiantly win. I don't even think you really believe what you are saying, you are just hoping. Thursday is going to be a devastating night for some people.

Go Hampton

Edited by dogbreath

I' m pretty sure I know who the better team is, and I don't think its all that close. I won't hurt anyones feelings and let the cat out of the bag. Thrusday is neigh upon us and then no one will have to spectulale. There should be no shame as long as everyone does their best. What else can you do. Both communities should be very proud win or lose, both teams have done very well. One more thing to remember is , this is not the big prize, just a step in the right direction. I think both can advance in the playoffs if they don't throw in the towel after this game.

not to kill the party so to speak but you are for hampton big difference...look at cloudlands players too...obviously they have skills too or they wouldnt be 8-1...they arent going to lay down for anyone...but them hampton boys need to get em,lol

You are right. Cloudland has some great football players and coaches. They have worked very hard. What i like about Cloudland is they only have like 300 students and they can play with anyone. But the reason Cloudland is so good is because there d line and o line and of course coaches and heart. But I am a Hampton fan that is why I said so much about Hampton. I know Cloudland wants to beat Hampton. But I also think they want to beat Mike Lundsford more than they want to beat Hampton. But Hampton wants to win for Mike also. He is a great coach. He makes and lets you think you can win. Just like he did for Cloudland. Good Luck to both teams. Stay Healthy And God Bless!