Hampton Vs. Cloudland

RedwallOutcast

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheap shots don't enhance your chance of winning, they only help you lose. As long as this game stays close, I don't look for any crazy stuff. If the score gets onesided, it could get bad. The adults will probably be worse than the players. This game is far too good to ruin by a few nuts.I want to see a football game ,not a bunch of taunting and poor sportsmanship. Babies yell and scream . jump up and down when things don't go their way. At this age, kids should be over that. Even our 7 and 8 year kids know how to win and lose with dignity. I,ve always taught my kid to compete with everything in you, if you get beat, pat the other team on the back, go back to work , get better, so it don,t happen again.

We've played both teams.. as far as cloudland doing cheapshots, both times that ive been involved in the varsity game all I heard going into that week was cloudland is out for blood, they want to hurt our kids etc... i havent seen anything like that at the games... good hard hitting? yes! dirty, late, cheap? no to everytime we played them which also includes a couple of JV games.

One reason cloudland got the shut out was we never got a short field, the game will come down to who has fewer turnovers, (i dont think cloudland will turn it over) Hampton also did a good job of stuffing everything up front. The other key is home field advantage.

Prediction:

until someone beats them cloudland is the best of the conference.

Cloudland by a few in a great game (move it to friday and I'll be there.. lol)

Edited by unakafan07

We've played both teams.. as far as cloudland doing cheapshots, both times that ive been involved in the varsity game all I heard going into that week was cloudland is out for blood, they want to hurt our kids etc... i havent seen anything like that at the games... good hard hitting? yes! dirty, late, cheap? no to everytime we played them which also includes a couple of JV games.

One reason cloudland got the shut out was we never got a short field, the game will come down to who has fewer turnovers, (i dont think cloudland will turn it over) Hampton also did a good job of stuffing everything up front. The other key is home field advantage.

Prediction:

until someone beats them cloudland is the best of the conference.

Cloudland by a few in a great game (move it to friday and I'll be there.. lol)

What was the scores in these two games, seems to me like Hampton was up like 30 at half. Played the jvs most of the second, also when you played Cloudland you had lost the starting fullback and the best lineman.

good point, we were actually down our 2 best lineman and starting fullback, against cloudland we started 4 sophs and a freshman on the line.. but cloudland was without a couple of their best players also...

my gut tells me to pick Hampton, Hampton beat us worse than cloudland, my pick was after talking to some of the kids on thier pick.. they all said they werent sure, this suprised me so im going with the home team... but hey Hampton fans should be glad .. I picked HV to beat them also :thumb:

Edited by unakafan07

good point, we were actually down our 2 best lineman, against cloudland we started 4 sophs and a freshman on the line.. but cloudland was without a couple of their best players also...

my gut tells me to pick Hampton, Hampton beat us worse than cloudland, my pick was after talking to some of the kids on thier pick.. they all said they werent sure, this suprised me so im going with the home team... but hey Hampton fans should be glad .. I picked HV to beat them also :thumb:

I' ll give you another one, Cloudland 6 Grace Chiritian o at the end of the first quarter, Hampton 30, Grace Christian 0 with 6 muinutes to go in the first quarter. ummm makes you think.

yea, but the two teams are different.. townsend can take it all the way anytime he gets the ball.. cloudland is more grind it out.. cloudland probably averages less yards per play.. this doesnt mean they arent good..

Thats what makes Hampton so dangerous, big play capability. When it takes 15 plays to score, you are more apt to make a mistake. I never said Cloudland wasn't any good, just giving some comparisons. They are both good, the records prove that. I also like Hampton getting a good test last week ,a real good tune up game.

You are right. Cloudland has some great football players and coaches. They have worked very hard. What i like about Cloudland is they only have like 300 students and they can play with anyone. But the reason Cloudland is so good is because there d line and o line and of course coaches and heart. But I am a Hampton fan that is why I said so much about Hampton. I know Cloudland wants to beat Hampton. But I also think they want to beat Mike Lundsford more than they want to beat Hampton. But Hampton wants to win for Mike also. He is a great coach. He makes and lets you think you can win. Just like he did for Cloudland. Good Luck to both teams. Stay Healthy And God Bless!

i know but just doesnt seem right...ur a good man hampton...cant wait to hear about this game..good luck hampton dogs..woot woot

i know but just doesnt seem right...ur a good man hampton...cant wait to hear about this game..good luck hampton dogs..woot woot

This game is going to be very strange for all of us Lunsford,s. Cloudland football has been a PASSION for about 30 years. Little one still wearing the blue and gold. This one is going to be bitter sweet. Part of me is going to be sad and I'm sure its going to hurt Mike. Mike coached nearly all these kids and I also worked with them, I like these kids. Either way its going to hurt a little. Just hope people will act like adults and see this for what it is, its a HUGE game,but thats all. I.ll be routing for Hampton for obvious reasons, but if they win, part of me will hurt for the Cloudland boys. In a way ,I wish they didn,t even have to play. Oh WELL. Its just a game.

Edited by pujo

I also feel for Mike Lundsford and his son and family. This game indeed is going to be hard on him and his family. My gut is tore up over this game . As a parent and a coach. I know Mike is probally worried about his son getting hurt , just like I am worried about my son getting hurt. As a coach and a parent you push your kids hard to get to the next level. But I think Mike has made the right decession. Every coach likes a challenge. And Mike will probally take over for J.C. Campbell. I myself would of loved to seen him go to Elizabethton or a big 5a school and then on to coach college ball. But I sure am glad he is at Hampton. I think its great for my son to get to play for J.C. Campbell , Doug Phillips and of course Mike Lundsford. And what is odd about this is that I also played for the same three coaches. What more could a parent ask for you have three of the best coaches and winnest coaches in the big "T" to play for. And for what "Honest Abe" said I don't think there we be no cheap shots from Cloudland and I don't think they will be none from Hampton. I just pray that there is respect from the parents and fans let the kids have fun and repersent carter county. I have talked to the Cloudland coaches and players and they are very good bunch of men. But lets give Mike and his family some respect Thurs night. They are good people and he has raised some fine kids. He has done alot for Cloudland sports and took alot of time away from his family to make Cloudland good. And also the Hampton Bulldogs and the teams they played always prayed after the game. I think that is great. Hopefully Hampton and Cloudland can do the same. God Bless Stay Healthy and Good Luck.

Edited by hamptonbigdogs