Lavergne @ Wilson Central

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Wilson Central loses, Smyrna will play Cookeville..

If WC and Smyrna loses then Smyrna plays Cookeville, Smyrna has the edge on LaVergne right now because they beat us in week 1. LaVergne needs Lebanon to beat Smyrna and LaVergne needs to beat WC for LaVergne to move up to 2nd seed. If LaVergne beats WC and Smyrna wins also, LaVergne ends up 3rd seed. If LaVergne loses, they end up as 4th seed

GO WOLVERINES

Rick I am on your side but you ar incorrect here is how the region four -5a playoff deal falls. If Wilson central wins they are 2 Smyrna is 3 and LaVergne is 4. If LaVergne wins then there is a 3 way tie for second with LaVergne,Wilson Central, and smyrna at 5-2 in the region. The first tie breaker in a three way tie is overall record. Smyrna would be 6-4, Central would be 8-2, LaVergne would be 8-2. SMyrna would be fourth, Then it goes to head to head and LaVergne would be 2nd and Central would be 3rd. There is no way LaVergne can be 3rd. They are 2nd with a win or 4th with a loss. Central is 2nd with a win and 3rd with a loss. And Smyrna doesn't control their own destiny.

CoachFB,

I stand corrected, I didn't factor in the tie breaker using the overall record. In my defense, I am kind of new to worrying about the playoff brackets LOL, my son is only a sophmore and it has been 9 years since LaVergne went to the playoffs. Please bear with me, I promise to study up more on the playoff and tiebreaker scenarios. Hopefully I will get the opportunity to worry about the playoff seeds the next few years also.

Edited by Rick88

Rick I am on your side but you ar incorrect here is how the region four -5a playoff deal falls. If Wilson central wins they are 2 Smyrna is 3 and LaVergne is 4. If LaVergne wins then there is a 3 way tie for second with LaVergne,Wilson Central, and smyrna at 5-2 in the region. The first tie breaker in a three way tie is overall record. Smyrna would be 6-4, Central would be 8-2, LaVergne would be 8-2. SMyrna would be fourth, Then it goes to head to head and LaVergne would be 2nd and Central would be 3rd. There is no way LaVergne can be 3rd. They are 2nd with a win or 4th with a loss. Central is 2nd with a win and 3rd with a loss. And Smyrna doesn't control their own destiny.

I believe this is exactly what I said a week ago. Wc will win this game if they play like they did in the Riverdale game. They must keep turnovers down. La can win if they spread them and keep tunovers down. Key, who ever has the less turnovers will win this game. Everyone is basicly saying if both teams play their A GAME, on paper WC will win. Do not look at the Blackman game La played last week. I'm sure they were looking at WC. I look for a good game. A close game.

Coach Thomas (and staff) has done a remarkable job this year. Also, coach Alexander (and staff) has done a remarkable job. Either one of these coaches deserve coach of the year for district 4-5A. Good luck to both teams and may God keep everyone safe. I'm for PaPa Smurf in this one.

One thing that Lavergne has to do is conquer their tendency to get penalized. When we played WC....seems like they got one penalty the whole night...and well Lavergne got a LOTTTTTTT more than that. Lavergne seems to want to yelp that they are being treated unfairly by the refs but it has been every game that I know of that they have gotten some crucial penalties.

Hey WC folk ....stay out of the parking lot at 6.......hahahahahahahahahah!

The result from unapproved website:

at Wilson Central (Lebanon, TN)

[2005] Wilson Central (Lebanon, TN) 28, [2005] LaVergne (TN) 14

I'll just go with that since I haven't seen Lavergne play.

TDC, I have seen both of them and I call it a toss up. Whoever makes a mistake will LOSE. Both secondary defenses are suspect. I will give the edge in the secondary to WC though, but LaVergnes passing attack and no huddle will give them an edge unless WC prepares HARD for it.

Line play by both teams is about even. QB's for BOTH teams are GOOD!

The one thing that WC has is a heavy push right up the middle in the first half, but having to play both ways tires it out for the second half.

Like I said earlier, this WILL be a good game to watch!

If there is anybody going to this game taping it that I can buy a tape of it from? I can wait till after ALL the games are played this year, but I really want to see this game.

BOTH Coaches have prepared their respective teams WELL this year! :thumb: