Macon Co.@dekalb Co.

I'll just bet Chris would take offense to this post. I'm sure he believes there was lots of talent on that team. I'm sure he thinks his team mates for 4 years, and some team mates since jr. pro, had heart, knowlege and tallent.

I'm sure Chris would take offense to anyone putting down Joey and saying he didn't have heart for the game, or Zach, or even Will, William and Hunter. I'm sure he feels like he wasn't the only player out there. There were a lot of seniors last year.

I know he wanted to win just like everyone else. At least they did win 3!

GO TIGERS!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DeKalb fan here, one of the biggest they've got... c'mon boys... pull one out of your hat! YOU CAN do it!

Get out there and HIT somebody!! Block ... block and then block some more!

You boys can do it! You know where I'll be... on the 50 screaming my fool head off!!

C'MON BOYS!!! HIT SOMEBODY!!!

I'll have to disagree with you when you say he's the only senior that gave a crap about playing or the only senior with a heart. I won't get into what Chris did have but there were lots of seniors with heart. Lots of seniors wanted to win and worked hard last year. Lots of seniors had heart. With 15 seniors ending the season it should have been a blow out season but everyone knows why it wasn't. And where is Chris now with all his talent? Hunter is the one who walked on at Murfreesboro and has worked hard to earn a spot on the team. No one else has.

I think your using "pathetic" to describe last years team is pathetic. What position did you play or should I be able to guess? LOL

And as far as this years team having heart, when you have starters in the locker room dissing the program, that's not good for moral and when you have starters back talking coaches and not suffering for it or taking the summer off and being able to come back and start every game, shows some slacking in the program, wouldn't you say? That's NOT heart! There's more, there's lots more.

Let me clarify... this was the post that I replied to (see below). I really meant this for him. He was a senior last year. I sure didn't want him to think he kept that team going. Obviously he fools himself if that is what he thinks. He needed to be reminded of that. Last years team had some great talent. Hunter is a remarkable young man and there are many other seniors who cared and had talent. Chris just happened to be the first one who came to mind. I used the word pathetic to stress the word pathetic that he used. So to last years team I apologize. To tigersfootballDCHS2 get a grip and get behind your former teammates.

tigersfootballDCHS2 Oct 25 2005 - 02:59 PM Post #22

Group: Guests

Member No.: 60,395

As a former DeKalb football player, I can say that this team we have now is PATHETIC! I know they've had it hard this season and all, but the middle school team could probably take them. They have NO size, speed, nor strength. All the talent in DeKalb Co. football graduated last year and we couldn't even pull it off then. So no way, I put Macon up by a bunch. I've been to a few DeKalb games this season, and all I know is the coaches we have now better pull their heads out of their butts and study a little on high school football. Putting your 280 pound lineman in at halfback, and a 270 pound defensive lineman in at fullback isn't going to get you anything but embarrased. Stunts like that are uncalled for in high school football. They need some new coaches, and they need some now. If DeKalb wants to ever win another football game they need to figure a lot of things out. And letting junior pro coaches take over the reigns is not cutting it.

Edited by all4football

Let me clarify... this was the post that I replied to (see below). I really meant this for him. He was a senior last year. I sure didn't want him to think he kept that team going. Obviously he fools himself if that is what he thinks. He needed to be reminded of that. Last years team had some great talent. Hunter is a remarkable young man and there are many other seniors who cared and had talent. Chris just happened to be the first one who came to mind. I used the word pathetic to stress the word pathetic that he used. So to last years team I apologize. To tigersfootballDCHS2 get a grip and get behind your former teammates.

tigersfoot

ballDCHS2 Oct 25 2005 - 02:59 PM Post #22

:thumb: exactly! Iknew why you wrote that post.

As far as last year's team goes, you are right... Chris was their talent. Not that any of the other seniors that graduated gave a crap about playing. Chris was the ONLY senior with heart. The rest were a pathetic show of being a team. I have to atleast give it to this years team they have heart!!!

I STRONGLY DISAGREE. Chris was not the team by any means at all. I played my heart out for that team with a bummed out knee which was 30% healed after two major surgeries and the only way I made it through the season was because of all the medicine I was on for it. Plus coach didn't give anyone else a shot, he coached one player and one player only. When I was recovering from my injury he made me a manager in the offseason.. That's how much he cared about me, even though I was the one to step up and replace Chris when he got injured, and had to step up for the whole team sometimes changing jersey's during the games so I could play multiple positions. Get your facts straight before you speak.

And to all of you others I have respect for my fellow teammates, yeah we worked hard, but that doesn't go around the fact that coach didn't have favorites. And also I was in the locker room with these guys you're speaking so highly of while downing me. I know exactly what was said and I know how everyone felt. I also know I got treated like crap after my injury, and tried to stay positive throught the season even though it was as if I was some worthless Freshman who didn't know jack about the game and couldn't play worth a crap. But you guys are the experts so I guess I'll just leave it at that.

I had to write a little something about our game last night that really touched my heart. First of all I don't think I have ever saw a team with just about as much heart as what our guys have always had. They knew they were going to lose but they just kept playing with so much heart and you gotta give them credit for that. When they put our freshmen in and Dekalb scored a touchdown with them I figured alot of the guys would get angry. I actually saw some fo them laughing and maybe a few shaking their heads.When those freshmen came out I saw one of the seniors patting the boy on the back saying how that it's ok your a freshmen. That was really classy of him to do that. Good job as always Macon and Dekalb you played with alot heart :lol: