Heritage Vs William Blount

GovMan

Well, Blount has maintained possession of the coveted bell for a few years in a row now ... is this the year the Mountaineers take it back and hang it in the woodshed?

Both teams have a lot at stake ... Blount has their playoff seeding to think about ... Heritage is playing for pride, for the future, to be a spoiler. No doubt Coach Rewis will have his boys ready to go.

Blount was efficient against Bradley County, but not super impressive. Could it have been they were just "coasting" a little, getting ready for this huge finale'?

FBEmeritus, if you're out there ... it seems like I remember early in the year, you predicting that Heritage would be stronger than Blount this year. You sticking with that? Or as the season has worn on, have you changed your evaluation?

Let's hear what everyone thinks !!!

Anybody who follows high school football in Blount County knows the history of how these two teams love to play the spoiler against one another. Heritage is coming in with a chance to finish 5-5 and to bury WB in the #4 slot for the playoffs. A Gov win gives them a shot @ the #3 seed ( if Oak Ridge wins ).

Heritage is coming in with 2 straight wins and a great defensive effort against McMinn County where they limited the Cherokee wing - t to 3 first downs and about 40 yards. The offense is also improving since the QB change.

Blount is also rolling and getting comfortable with Crosby @ QB. I keep up with them on the BCS playbacks and have noticed steady improvement on the defensive side of the ball as the season has gone on.

As I said before , knowing the history of these two , I will reserve my prediction but since Alcoa has an open date, this game will be at the top of my list for my weekly fix of high school football. ;)

Govman

In my opinion you will be impressed with Heritage's defense. Heritage will stop William Blounts run game and make them pass. WB will stop Heritage's offense. This will be a low scoring game with WB winning 13-6

Ron,

If Heritage stops the run, they have an excellent chance at winning. Blount's passing game is very "one-dimensional" right now. Crosby seems to be locked in on Scotty Rhodes only. We'll have to be able to "spread" the ball around a little more.

You're right ... it could be a defensive battle. We'll see.

heritage defense earned players of the week award in the daily times for holding bradley central to 49 total yards and a shutout. the next week they hold mcminn to 28 rushes for 26 yards and total they had 32 yards and yet another shut out. Look for heritage to stop william blounts running attack. If heritage can start out with good field position and score early i like heritage's chances

heritage 14 William Blount 13