District 9a

vanbureneagle

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I speak for everyon in 8A when I say "we're glad Van Buren is gone."

They have tremendous talent returning and would be the obvious favorite if still in our district. They would be right up there with Clay as the favorites for the region. Good luck to you guys in your new district.

how is cascade going to do in the new district... i know they have some talented players coming back, should be interesting to see if they can stay together... i believe coach Pope will have those boys more than ready... any comments??? chapel hill should be very competitive this year as well...

I think they may be down this year, just like the football team. There is no senior leadership on either of those teams this year, so who knows what they will be like. They will have pretty good shooters outside and if the Hall kid (6'6) inside can stay eligible I think they should be fine. Good luck to em.

My boys at Community are too young to make much of a splash this season, but they should be good in a couple seasons. What kind of team are you brining into our district Van Buren fan? What makes you think they will be so successful in our new district? Describe the team for us. Big, tall posts? Good shooters? Quickness? Because you are going to need something to come into this district and win. Forrest and Eagleville look to be very good this season. Forrest returns 2 of their big 3 (Shankle and Ezell) and will be very tuff. Eagleville has great posts (Aldafer and Shanks) and tons of quick high scoring guards.

My boys at Community are too young to make much of a splash this season, but they should be good in a couple seasons. What kind of team are you brining into our district Van Buren fan? What makes you think they will be so successful in our new district? Describe the team for us. Big, tall posts? Good shooters? Quickness? Because you are going to need something to come into this district and win. Forrest and Eagleville look to be very good this season. Forrest returns 2 of their big 3 (Shankle and Ezell) and will be very tuff. Eagleville has great posts (Aldafer and Shanks) and tons of quick high scoring guards.

Don't put words in my mouth. I was just wondering how the other teams were. We will be okay. We have about 5 players who are 6'3 or better and good athletes at that. We return 6 different players who started games last year on a team that finished 2nd in the district & had eventual sub-state contender Clay county down by 17 in the region before blowing 7 lay-ups in the 2nd half. I mean who knows. My buddies have been working hard though. I hope to get watch many wins from my perch in the stands. We'll see. I hope the best of luck for everyone this year.