Baylor Going For The 5-peat

KizzleAssizzle

Being a former Baylor Varsity player, I can tell you that no one ever thought it was "our year," especially after we won in 2001. Each year people say "Oh, they can't do it again," but we proved people wrong. Baylor is known for doing well in the state tournament, despite what people believe is going to happen. Again, this isn't Baylor's "year," but I think that they will pull it together and carry on the tradition that we left for them.

You are right. Is 2001 the year there were no seniors on the team?

Baylor has its hands full on Wednesday with Father Ryan. Wish I could go. It will be a great first round game.

DII seems to be a little more wide open this year. It should be a great tournament.

That is correct, Baylor had no seniors in 2001 after losing 6 senior starters. When Baylor won lat year (2004), they lost 5 senior starters and only had one senior that actually started. Jimmy Weekley can do wonders with a team, even if they aren't as experienced as other teams.