The Best A Teams In The Chattanooga

asbaseball

well i know my way around...one of my roomates went to tyner...the other to ooltewah..and i hear mcallie and baylor is a big rivalry...i was just wanting to go see some of the btter teams play or big rivalrys

Howard/Brainard is about the BIGGEST rivalry in Basketball in Chattanooga......and it looks as if this year will be good too...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speed is very relavent in basketball, and I myself didnt know he was that fast.

First of I understand speed is relevant in basketball but if you are the fastest person in the state but you cant make a layup then speed is not relevant, granted i know the kid can make a layup I have seen him play but my point he will not be asked to outrun everyone he will be asked to dominate in the post. last time i checked good coaches tell their point guards to get back on defense instead of going to rebound. Oh yeah by the 5.03 in the 40 is not fast I understand he 6'10 but 5.03 is not fast sorry

First of I understand speed is relevant in basketball but if you are the fastest person in the state but you cant make a layup then speed is not relevant, granted i know the kid can make a layup I have seen him play but my point he will not be asked to outrun everyone he will be asked to dominate in the post. last time i checked good coaches tell their point guards to get back on defense instead of going to rebound. Oh yeah by the 5.03 in the 40 is not fast I understand he 6'10 but 5.03 is not fast sorry

From my observations of class A football players, most of the skill positions this season were between 4.8 and 5.2. For a 6'10' BB player his time is very fast. I wonder what kind of speed Brandon Wright or Thad Young has. My guess is Josh Smith is between the 4.8 and 5.2.

Carter is a great kid. He is also a great athlete and could easily star in three sports at Grace. I understand he will pitch for the baseball team. He recently practiced with the football team playing quarterback for the scout team because he has such a strong arm. He is even planning on punting for Grace next year.

I understand he will pitch for the baseball team. He recently practiced with the football team playing quarterback for the scout team because he has such a strong arm. He is even planning on punting for Grace next year.

Baseball, ok, he played in MS. But Football? and a punter? that would be just plain stupid... all you need is some idiot who comes in late and hits him in the knee and his basketball career could be over. why do you think i didn't play football last year?

Baseball, ok, he played in MS. But Football? and a punter? that would be just plain stupid... all you need is some idiot who comes in late and hits him in the knee and his basketball career could be over. why do you think i didn't play football last year?

He is safer playing football than behind the steering wheel of a car at 16. Do you know of any punters whose career was cut short by knee injury. If fear of injury is what drives our decisions then I guess you will not play indoor because soccer is much more dangerous than football for knee injuries.

You my friend have been watching to much division 1 football. Just cause people run a 4.4 on tv doesnt make 5.0 slow. It would actually be considered quick for a 6'10 guy and it still would be faster than most people.

He is safer playing football than behind the steering wheel of a car at 16. Do you know of any punters whose career was cut short by knee injury. If fear of injury is what drives our decisions then I guess you will not play indoor because soccer is much more dangerous than football for knee injuries.

i didn't say it happened often or that the probability was high that he would get hurt... but when you have that much talent at a sport i think its kinda stupid to put yourself at risk of gettin injured playin a sport you will never go anywhere with... but that's my opinion.

Let's just settle all this by stating the facts. Again, whether you choose to believe it or not, I am not a cheering fan for either team. For once, Grace has more talent than Temple. Carter McMasters is better than Josh Smith. Grace plays very undisciplined at times (which could easily be their downfall). Temple has no one who can match up with Nick Van Horn. BUT, Temple has better coaching. Grace has no one who can match up with Seth Skogen. Temple plays better team defense and is more disciplined. That about sums it up. More than likely, they split all four games they play this year, including District and Region Finals, if both make it that far and don't lose to CSAS. Oh, and both schools have fans that act like idiots, and talk bad about the opposing team.

haha, thats the best reply ive heard so far